Moab - Thanksgiving 2013 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab - Thanksgiving 2013

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #31
plrbear
2008 JK Wrangler 

We will be there Wed thru Sun. We have a few rigs with from the other group im with Dirt hedz and a friend coming from Arizona. So far we are not sure what we are doing Wed, Thurs we are planning Hells Revenge then fins and things that night Friday Spider spike goldbar and Saturday we are doing a new trail with moab friends for wheeling called Jack's Tracks possibly a few more short night runs throuout.

2008 2dr JK Mostly stock...
http://www.jackstireandoil.com
Utah Jeep Crew #09
plrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #32
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
Boreal, are you in?
Yep. Just reserved our room. We will be at the River Canyon Lodge just west of main street on 200 north. We'll be there Friday morning (early... hopefully before you guys hit the trail) until Sunday.

Quote:
...and I wish I could figure out my high SWR reading...I may have a bad mic.
You probably already know this, but are you taking the reading with the rubber cap on your Firestik? I couldn't believe how much the SWR changes when you put the cap back on. Antenna is securely mounted with a good ground and coax is in good shape? I chased down an antenna issue on my HAM radio yesterday and these were some things I checked...
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

My brother-in-law will be joining me and it turns out he has some free nights to burn at a Best Western, so accommodations might change but arrival/leave days and times will be the same.
Unread 11-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Cliffhanger!
Cliffhanger was a blast. The way back was the hardest part. Riding the edge of the cliff was pretty cool too.

Skip to 3:50 if you want to see the edge and haven't been there yet.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #35
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Cool, sounds like we will have the following:

PlrBear and crew (I think I saw Bear post on FB that he would be down there)
Polecat
Boreal and Bro in Law
SanJuanGrand
85IrocZ-28

Should be a good group. I am up for Spider/Spike/Bar on Friday, thanks for posting up your plans Travis. It is always fun to watch you make obstacles look easy.
I would like to do at least one new trail on Saturday. Flat Iron Mesa looks cool, not sure what anyone else thinks. Dome Plateau looks cool, and Lockhart Basin looks fun if anyone is up for another long trail. I am game for anything, and would like to do at least one night run.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #36
Sanjuangrand
1994 ZJ 

Specs on my jeep are: 94 ZJ, 5.2L, 46rh, 231 with SYE, 8.8 rear with spool, narrowed HP Dana 44 front locked, 36" TSL SX, 3link front, double tri rear, home built bumpers, skid plate, rocker's, full interior cage, and some random body damage.

Golden spike would be great on Friday, I was thinking about doing Flat Iron Mesa as well, one of the few trails I have not done yet. Behind the Rocks is always good too.

We are staying in town at the Best Western, should be in town late Wednesday. Looking forward to wheeling with some new people.
Sanjuangrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #37
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Cool...so you are built for about anything. I don't know what a double tri rear is, I look forward to seeing your rig. Flat Iron Mesa would be cool and I am glad someone else is interested, I hesitated to go on it alone. I haven't ever run it either.

...Lockhart Basin...I e-mailed needles outpost, they close at 4:30 PM and I am not sure how long it would take to run that trail...Kane Creek road, Hurrah Pass, and 1/2 of Chicken corners just to get to the trail head. Then it is another 35 miles of off-road before you are back on pavement and can head to the outpost. Maybe I will do that one next year and camp along the way.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #38
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have never done Flatiron either so would definitely be down for that on Saturday.

We're now staying in the Best Western Plus Greenwell right downtown. I'm getting pretty stoked about this trip...
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Flat iron is cake. Maybe 4-5 hours unless your really going slow.

Lockhart is an all day trip and if you do it I suggest not stopping at chicken corners or anywhere else. We did it and started around 8-9am and got back to town at 1 am. That's with stopping at the rock formations and chicken corners.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Glad some others want to do Flat Iron Mesa.
And thanks for the insight about Lockhart Brian...sounding more and more like an overnight expedition for that trail.

Unread 11-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #41
clgielin
2003 WJ 

image-2384490516.jpg

Have fun next week. I will have to settle for this.

2003 WJ 4.7L
Build Thread Here: 2003 WJ
Michigan Tech Jeepers #4
Utah JeepCrew #16
clgielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #42
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

^ Like.

It is getting closer...I hope the snow keeps melting, we don't need any icy spots hiding in the shadows

Unread 11-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
Sanjuangrand
1994 ZJ 

Loading my jeep up in the morning should be there in the afternoon, cant wait!! Ice and spool's don't mix well, hoping for some nice weather.
Sanjuangrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #44
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

What time do you guys plan on hitting the trail on Friday? I have a ~3 hour drive to get to Moab and want to make sure I leave early enough that morning to tag along.
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #45
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Bump! What time are you meeting for the trail on friday?
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.