Moab Oct. 5-9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab Oct. 5-9

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
BamaLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lj Moab Oct. 5-9

What trails would be good for a stock Rubicon that is a daily driver? My brother and I will be in Moab Oct. 5-9 and will be driving from Alabama so we need to keep the carnage to a minimum. Thanks.

BamaLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

For great views and zero risk of carnage check out Shafer Trail and Long Canyon. Both are accessed from Potash road as you head out of town towards Arches NP.

Fins N Things has some great slickrock. I did it in my LJ with a 2.25in BB and 31's and had no problems. Looking back now I probably could have taken some more aggressive lines but mine is a DD too and I needed to get it home in one piece.

I hear that Hell's Revenge is doable too in a stock Jeep with taking care to use the bypasses on certain obstacles.

Hopefully Cliff333 will chime in as he lives in that area and knows a lot of the trails. Do a shearch for his name and you'll see some great trail reports from him.

Also check out these 2 reports by Yoda13:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/t...2009-a-861961/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/7...2009-a-861965/

Both of them look stocker friendly with low risk of damage.
Unread 09-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
BamaLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Fins N Things is one of the trails we were hoping to do and it sounds like we should be able to. We will check out the others as well.

We have the book by Charles Wells but we are just looking for additional info.

Thanks for your help.
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Moab is a great place but if you all don't act now, it won't be there.
Less than 48 hrs For Moab Hearing - 9 MILLION acres slated to close! - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I plan to be in Moab again from about the 5th thru the 9th as well. I'll be wheelin' in Colorado prior to that.

PM me your number & I'll give you a call so we can meet-up & do some wheelin'.

Where do you plan on staying at?

I'll be at Canyonlands Campground which is ~150 yards from City Market.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2009, 12:12 AM   #6
XJohnnyC

NAXJA is having their 10th Annual Fall Fling during that same week. So you should see plenty of Cherokees in town. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you tagging along on some of the trail runs.

I usually go to the Fall Fling, but won't be able to this year. Fins N Things is definitely doable with a stock Jeep. Last year, we took my buddy and his LR3 on the trail and it did just fine.

Hey Joe Dillard - How you doing? We met at Jeff and Gina's wedding reception a few years back.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
BamaLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Joe - We are staying at the Bighorn Lodge. I'll PM you my number. Is City Market where groups gather in the morning before they head out?

Johnny - We don't mind tagging along with Cherokees if they will have us.

Thanks for the replies. We are heading out Friday morning.
Unread 09-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #8
Alaska-HWY JK

Jk Moab

I'll be in Moab for 10 days with my brother and a buddy, getting a doubler installed in SLC Friday then finishing the trip down. 2600km one way. Hope the weathers decent, we have snow on the ground this morning. Don't get me wrong I love riding powder in the mountains on my Summit but don't want to see it in September. We'll be in a Jeep Green unlimited JK with a Teraflex lift and bumpers (British Columbia plates)
Alaska-HWY JK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJohnnyC View Post
Hey Joe Dillard - How you doing? We met at Jeff and Gina's wedding reception a few years back.
Yea, IIRC, it was in Huntington Beach - right?

I'm doing well - I'm headed to Colorado & Moab tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeerejeeper View Post
Joe - We are staying at the Bighorn Lodge. I'll PM you my number. Is City Market where groups gather in the morning before they head out?
Nice talking with you.

Yea, City Market is a popular meeting place due to parking & folks can pick up supplies, sandwiches etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
I'll be in Moab for 10 days with my brother and a buddy, getting a doubler installed in SLC Friday then finishing the trip down. 2600km one way. Hope the weathers decent, we have snow on the ground this morning. Don't get me wrong I love riding powder in the mountains on my Summit but don't want to see it in September. We'll be in a Jeep Green unlimited JK with a Teraflex lift and bumpers (British Columbia plates)
Hope to meet you there!

Here's my POS. I'll be staying at Canyonlands Campground - I'm not sure of the campsite number till I get there. It's near/across the street from the McDonalds towards the south part of town & a little south of City Market (and across the street from Moab Brewery too ).

Look for the white Ram 3500, Lance camper, trailer & white YJ.

Unread 09-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
Jones
Consider the following...

You should be able to do Hell's Revenge with a stock Rubicon.

I can't wait for next June when all the Grand Cherokee's are out there for Grand Slam West, such a fun time.
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Look for the white Ram 3500, Lance camper, trailer & white YJ.

just don't get too close... he sometimes forgets to drain the septic tank.

Joe, tell Wally "hey" for me. Tell him he needs to get his rear out here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
just don't get too close... he sometimes forgets to drain the septic tank.
All septic tanks have been sucked dry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Joe, tell Wally "hey" for me. Tell him he needs to get his rear out here!
Will do Randy! I agree, I've invited him out west several times, but life keeps getting in the way.

Remember the chick (Val) that wheeled with us on Billings (pic below) who drove her YJ? I met up with her during King Of The Hammers this year.

Unread 09-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post

Remember the chick (Val) that wheeled with us on Billings (pic below) who drove her YJ? I met up with her during King Of The Hammers this year.

yup! she's an awesome wheeler! that day was a kick!!!
Wish I was going... have a safe great time!
Might haul the junk up to the Con next weekend, so maybe my season is'nt done yet... but really want to get back to Moab soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.