Moab in Nov? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab in Nov?

Huge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
TheRo0sTer
2000 WJ 

Tj Moab in Nov?

Any of you go during this time? Any recommendations for lodging? Tips on supplies other than the typical Safety items for trailing?

www.militaryjeepers.com
TheRo0sTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
jeep365
1999 WJ 

Lodging in Moab

Hey, I've been to Moab in the summer, beautiful place. As far as Lodging it depends what you like. Your typical motels, B&B's are around. I prefer to tent it (keep in mind it may be cold in Nov.so an rv or trailer may be best) There are probably more places to camp than motel rooms in Moab. Have fun
jeep365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
TheRo0sTer
2000 WJ 

Anyone in that area care to help a visitor out? Show some trails cool stuff like that. Heck I'd be more than willing to lead you around my area if you are ever up here.

www.militaryjeepers.com
Unread 08-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am going up in late october. Look into the KOA cabins for lodging. Also I picked up a Moab guide book off of amazon that has a bunch of great info including GPS points. I manually loaded them onto my GPS so I could possibly send you the file if you use gps

here is a link to the book i used
http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Backroad...9021272&sr=8-1
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
TheRo0sTer
2000 WJ 

Going to be staying at the Archway Inn. I'll check the book out. I have a GPS and I can upload to it. It's older but does the trick for the most part. Doesn't pick to many off-road trails up. Might have to upgrade REAL soon.

www.militaryjeepers.com
Unread 08-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
I am going up in late october. Look into the KOA cabins for lodging. Also I picked up a Moab guide book off of amazon that has a bunch of great info including GPS points. I manually loaded them onto my GPS so I could possibly send you the file if you use gps

here is a link to the book i used
http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Backroad...9021272&sr=8-1
That's a good book. They just came out with the same book but with a spiral binding that makes it easier to read and have open when you're wheeling. I bought mine there in Moab.
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

+1 on the Wells' book. I had another one but picked up the Wells' one in Moab and found out about some different trails that weren't listed in the other one.
Unread 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am going for the first time Sept. 26-28 and staying at the KOA (in a Kabin)(that is the way they spell it). I will be meeting up with another club like this one (RamChargerCentral (RCC). It looks like we are going to have a great turn out too. I am looking forward to this trip. My son's 31st birthday is the 27 so this is his birthday present. puttputt56
puttputt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #9
TheRo0sTer
2000 WJ 

This will be my 1st official Vacation in 18yrs. Any other time I've visited home it was like work because everyone wants to see my family and the kids. Well Moab is 708 miles from my hometown and they don't want to come up. So... Vacation for my family! We are going to try and get a white water trip in, some biking and definitely some fishing!

I guess I'll buy that book incase I don't hook up with a local club or someone who knows their way around that doesn't charge to be a trail leader.

www.militaryjeepers.com
Unread 08-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
ThrillSeeker
1998 ZJ 

Moab in November... sure...
We have done Moab the week of Thanksgiving the last few years... not hot and not crowded either... did snow last year one day, but was gone by the next day...

Unread 08-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
TheRo0sTer
2000 WJ 

Nice thing about that area... is it will be 60's and up here it will be 40-50s. I can wear shorts down there.

www.militaryjeepers.com
Unread 08-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #12
Ichabod1960
Have Jeep, Will Travel

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Make sure you take the time to run down to the Needles District and run the Elephant Hill Trail. Take the loop and go out to the confluence of the Green and Colorado Rivers. If your staying in Moab, it will be an all day trip but a late lunch at the confluence is pretty nice. While you are down that way be sure to soak up the sunset at either the the Needles or Anticline Overlook.

There are some other trails closer to Moab with great scenery, ie, Chicken Corners and Hurrah Pass. And then there are the technical trails like Potato Salad Hill. You might want to search youtube for some wheeling vids from the Moab area to give you an idea of what is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
There's a great lower division class called "Writing for Effective Communications so you don't go through the rest of your life confusing everyone who reads what you write 101" at Washington State University. I highly recommend it.
Ichabod1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
TheRo0sTer
2000 WJ 

Hey Drew thanks for the 411! I'll look into it while I'm down there. I'll be there for 7 days so it gives us time to soak up scenery.

www.militaryjeepers.com
Unread 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #14
TheRo0sTer
2000 WJ 

Thanks to all that posted, I had to deploy last minute so my Nov run is cancelled. I'm hoping to make a Spring trip down now.

www.militaryjeepers.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.