Moab May 23-25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab May 23-25

UCF Memorial Day Savings... Save 15% today!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRCV Axles at CCOR

Unread 05-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
rwjones4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Moab May 23-25

I know this is just before the Easter jeep Safari, but will anyone be wheeling in Moab between May 23-25? I will be out there with my parents and we will have both of our jeeps.

We will be looking to do some light (at first for my parents) to moderately difficult trails to get a wide range of the wheeling opportunities in. I have a TJ on 35s locked front and rear and my parents have an LJ rubicon on 37s to get an idea of what we will be able to do.

Anyways, it would be cool to link up with some fellow jeepers if anyone is in the area.

rwjones4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
amp713
Registered Whiskey Killer

1995 YJ Wrangler 

EJS was in April. It's one easter weekend ha. With what you guys have you could do a large amount of trails it's mostly based on how you want to do it. I've taken a lot of moab virgins through trails, I always start on fins and things, a very very easy trail, it can get a little confusing as it criss crosses the main road and campgrounds a few times. Hells revenge is in the same area and you can make it as hard or easy as you want. First day in moab the best thing you can do is pick up the moab jeep bible as I sometimes refer to it as. It lines out most of the trails and what to do.

As for people to go with, that's a holiday weekend and I have a feeling you won't find many empty trails.
1432048257057.jpg  

SourMash The YJ

YJOTM APRIL
amp713 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
rwjones4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well then... I feel like an ignoramus for botching those dates haha. Either way. I was out there last summer and did hell's revenge and poison spyder mesa/golden spike/gold bar rim. So I have an idea of what I want to get done. I have a good detailed topo trail map that's great for navigation but I may look into a guide that will tell me more about the trails and the obstacles on them. However last time I went was early August, so it was hot as hell and not really peak season. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of a crowd.
rwjones4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
amp713
Registered Whiskey Killer

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The UTVs can be very ignorant and drive like its a race but other than that i kind of enjoy running into other groups and meeting and seeing how other jeeps handle also!

If youve done those trails then you have a very good start on where to go. Also check out the red rock 4 wheelers website, think its rr4w.com, they are the guys who put on the EJS event.

SourMash The YJ

YJOTM APRIL
amp713 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.