Moab May 2013. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab May 2013.

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 05-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #31
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

2 weeks from today.....Moab bound.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #32
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was trying out a GoPro H2 over the last couple of days, seeing how it works and what a few different points of view look like.

I'm liking three, it should give some good footage.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #33
cbandit
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could make this trip! If you do escalator go high right upon entering and then go left. It feels unnatural and a little tippy but the natural feeling line results in a lot of rear tire lift, followed by front tire hang time. It's steep enough I rubbed the top of my softtop on the wall... If the right line is taken It's not too bad however
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #34
BRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It won't be long now.....

This will be our first trip to Moab and trails like these is what we are looking foward to most.
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #35
MoabWJ
1999 WJ 

Any update on trail selection for your group?
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #36
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoabWJ View Post
Any update on trail selection for your group?
Top of the world
Fins and Things
Hells Revenge
7 Mile Rim
For sure, with others to be determined.

We'll be doing a few easier trails too, catching some sights is important too.

Unread 05-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #37
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Jay
I am jealous man. Moab is our favorite place in Utah. Was down for the last weekend of EJS this year but didn't run any trails. Spent the day at Potato Salad Hill watching.

I have run fins, poison spider, along with several other trails (easy ones) but have never run Hell's revenge. Are there bypasses to all of the obstacles if one chickens out? I am not the type to do hot tubs, hells gate, or escalator if you catch my drift.
Yes there are bypasses. You can stick to the main trail and detour around the Hells Gate loop. The Colorado river overlook is down that way also so you can drive to it an backtrack a little back to the main trail.

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #38
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

Top of the world
Fins and Things
Hells Revenge
7 Mile Rim
For sure, with others to be determined.

We'll be doing a few easier trails too, catching some sights is important too.
An easy scenic trail others on here guided me to check out was tower arch trail. But go south to north. Basically enter arches national park follow the road to the balanced rock make a left on the dirt road across from balanced rocks parking lot (willow springs rd) follow that for .8 miles make a right to go towards eye of whale arch (you'll pass it on your left ) after a couple miles. Keep on that trail for about 7 or so miles after the eye of whale arch and it'll end at tower arch trail make a left on that trail tower arch is about 1.6 miles away from the fork. Very scenic , has done sandy and rocky climbs but nothing too hard.

Unread 05-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #39
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
An easy scenic trail others on here guided me to check out was tower arch trail. But go south to north. Basically enter arches national park follow the road to the balanced rock make a left on the dirt road across from balanced rocks parking lot (willow springs rd) follow that for .8 miles make a right to go towards eye of whale arch (you'll pass it on your left ) after a couple miles. Keep on that trail for about 7 or so miles after the eye of whale arch and it'll end at tower arch trail make a left on that trail tower arch is about 1.6 miles away from the fork. Very scenic , has done sandy and rocky climbs but nothing too hard.

Sounds like an option.....I was in Arches last year, on the way back from California, I noticed a few trails leading off the main road, and thought "that looks fun".

Unread 05-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #40
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is going to be a long, long week.

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #41
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

On the home stretch now.

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #42
Rook87
1997 ZJ 

Have a safe and fun trip, I did finally pick up another jeep and had its test run at the badlands this past weekend. Did well. My moab trip is in August, just gotta decide to tow jeep with Dakota or drive it all the way out there.
Rook87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #43
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
Have a safe and fun trip, I did finally pick up another jeep and had its test run at the badlands this past weekend. Did well. My moab trip is in August, just gotta decide to tow jeep with Dakota or drive it all the way out there.
Towing makes one feel better about the return trip. I however don't have that option.

Unread 05-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #44
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

4 days.

Unread 05-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #45
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tested out another GoPro location today.

It looks as if I'll have 3 GoPro cameras, as Hendrix sent me two more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.