Moab May 2013. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab May 2013.

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJ

Unread 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
Alcancia
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-13 View Post
Sorry. A good place to stay with an RV.
We usually toss up a tent or get one of their little cabins, but Moab Rim Campark has a lot of RV sites and is a great place to stay.

Alcancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

23 days until we arrive in Moab!

Trail selection still hasn't been set in stone, so to speak.

BRay is still waiting on his Metalcloak lift. His wheels, tires, winch and bumper are waiting for the lift to arrive.....it's getting close, so we're not sure if his stock JK will still be stock or not.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
BRay

22 Days until Moab!

I have a stock pile of parts currently but no lift yet, Spoke to Metalcloak yesterday and they have been slammed with orders. I was told parts are currently out for the zinc coating process. Might have to switch to plan B if we get any closer.

Wait I don't have a plan B.
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
22 Days until Moab!

I have a stock pile of parts currently but no lift yet, Spoke to Metalcloak yesterday and they have been slammed with orders. I was told parts are currently out for the zinc coating process. Might have to switch to plan B if we get any closer.

Wait I don't have a plan B.
I thought you had a plan BB.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #20
BRay

Ok I have a plan "B" but i like plan "A" better.
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 05-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Shortstax33 loaned me his Go Pro H2, now I need to figure it out before the trip.

Unread 05-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Took the GoPro out for a couple of spins, I think I got it figured out....17 days!

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #24
BRay

Good deal on the GoPro. No escalator this trip for my JK but I'll certainly watch.
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #25
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
Good deal on the GoPro. No escalator this trip for my JK but I'll certainly watch.
Escalator is no guarantee for me either.....I could turn chicken.

16 days!

Tranny cooler is here, so once that's on I'm set to go.

Unread 05-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #26
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It won't be long now.....

Unread 05-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #27
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am jealous man. Moab is our favorite place in Utah. Was down for the last weekend of EJS this year but didn't run any trails. Spent the day at Potato Salad Hill watching.

I have run fins, poison spider, along with several other trails (easy ones) but have never run Hell's revenge. Are there bypasses to all of the obstacles if one chickens out? I am not the type to do hot tubs, hells gate, or escalator if you catch my drift.
Utah_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Jay View Post
I am jealous man. Moab is our favorite place in Utah. Was down for the last weekend of EJS this year but didn't run any trails. Spent the day at Potato Salad Hill watching.

I have run fins, poison spider, along with several other trails (easy ones) but have never run Hell's revenge. Are there bypasses to all of the obstacles if one chickens out? I am not the type to do hot tubs, hells gate, or escalator if you catch my drift.
Hells Revenge is cake..... the hard stuff is optional.

Unread 05-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #29
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The only "hard" part that isn't optional is the exit, which was pretty dugout this year and keeps getting worse. Good tire placement will get you through fine
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by team1k View Post
The only "hard" part that isn't optional is the exit, which was pretty dugout this year and keeps getting worse. Good tire placement will get you through fine
Well that'll be different.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.