Moab May 2013. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab May 2013.

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Moab May 2013.

A few of us flat landers will be out in Moab from May 19-25.

Jeffery 2.0 will be making it's first trip out, and I'll be making my second trip.

We'll be staying at the KOA, south of town.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Excellent time to go. Sadly, that is Memorial Day weekend and I have plans with the wife's family every year or I'd be all over it.

Have fun!
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Excellent time to go. Sadly, that is Memorial Day weekend and I have plans with the wife's family every year or I'd be all over it.

Have fun!
Hopefully we have a blast, we'll be headed home over Memorial Day weekend, so I'm guessing we'll miss some crowds.....there sure weren't any in 2011 while I was there.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
MoabWJ
1999 WJ 

I might be in town. Hit me up when it gets closer.
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

40 Days!

Unread 04-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

33 days until we start our trip to Moab.

It'll be me (Jeff):

BRay (Brian):

Currently stock, but there are supposed to be some things in the works in the next month.

ksilovich (Kevin):

It's a diesel.

It's quite the assortment of rigs, but we plan on having a good time, one way or another.

Potential Trails:

Top of the world*
Fins-n-things*
Hells Revenge*
Sevenmile Rim
Elephant Hill (I've done a bit of reading and I'm beginning to wonder if Kevin's rig would even be allowed on Elephant Hill)
Lockhart Basin
White Rim
Lockhardt Canyon
Rose Garden Hill

*I did these in 2011

We wouldn't mind meeting up with some locals while we're out, so if you see us, give us a shout.

Unread 04-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I wish I could join you...June looks like it will be our first trip. That is a good list of trails, I have never been out to Lockhart.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
sanctified
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am trying to go down about that time (don't have exact dates worked out) with a guy I work with and his brother in law, maybe a couple other of their friends too. I just bought a CJ7 and am working on getting the kinks figured out of my rig. We planned it out 8-ish weeks from when I bought it to throw fists of cash at it each paycheck. We are also going to be camping but I am not sure where, probably out in the sticks. My buddy has a JKU but hasn't had the $$$ for his lift and tires so he is leaving that home and his BIL also has a semi built JKU with a bad *** utility trailer and tent platform on top.
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

26 days until the adventure begins!

Unread 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
CJ7-13

Where's a good place to stay?
CJ7-13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
CJ7-13

Sorry. A good place to stay with an RV.
CJ7-13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-13 View Post
Sorry. A good place to stay with an RV.
We're staying at the KOA.

Unread 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Escalator scares the hell out of me, but intrigues me at the same time. Some make it look impossible, others make it look easy. I want to do it, but I keep telling my self....you know you have to drive that thing home. lol.

Unread 04-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Escalator scares the hell out of me, but intrigues me at the same time. Some make it look impossible, others make it look easy. I want to do it, but I keep telling my self....you know you have to drive that thing home. lol.
If it helps i watched a noob 16 year old driver take his dads mostly stock looking cj up it no problem. I believe it was on 31s with a rear locker.

I tried it years ago in my unlocked 4 cyl and couldnt do it. I was going to try it this last trip down during EJS but somehow even though i ran the trail 3 times something always happened that prevented it. Next time though. I believe they say you hug passenger on the first bump, passenger mostly thru the second bump and then go driver a little at the end. seemed to work for everyone in our group.

I say give it a shot and if your worried then have a friend drive up to the top and have their winch ready. Ive had to pull people up it before and its not bad.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #15
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by team1k View Post
If it helps i watched a noob 16 year old driver take his dads mostly stock looking cj up it no problem. I believe it was on 31s with a rear locker.

I tried it years ago in my unlocked 4 cyl and couldnt do it. I was going to try it this last trip down during EJS but somehow even though i ran the trail 3 times something always happened that prevented it. Next time though. I believe they say you hug passenger on the first bump, passenger mostly thru the second bump and then go driver a little at the end. seemed to work for everyone in our group.

I say give it a shot and if your worried then have a friend drive up to the top and have their winch ready. Ive had to pull people up it before and its not bad.
I'll more than likely give it a shot, hopefully I don't have to be winched up it, but that'd be better than rolling back down it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.