Moab June 20-23rd - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab June 20-23rd

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 06-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #46
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So here is what I just got back from my work,

" current plan is to drive down June 20, stay the night, and then do shooting in the morning and late afternoon when lighting is optimal. "

So I'm not sure what they are planning on Thursday since we should get down there around 12 or so. I'm also not sure what late afternoon means. To me that sounds like 6 or 7 but I can't see these guys wanting to drive home in the dark so maybe they mean 4. I'm going to push for us to get some afternoon shots done Thursday in hopes to be all set by Friday at 4.

"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #47
YJYNOTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We can all exchange numbers if anyone is running late for 4pm meet up. Are they paying you to do this "photo shoot"? If so Awesome!
YJYNOTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #48
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJYNOTJ
We can all exchange numbers if anyone is running late for 4pm meet up. Are they paying you to do this "photo shoot"? If so Awesome!
In a sense they are paying me. It counts as being at work and I'm not using PTO. They also are paying for all the gas, and the first two days hotel/food. I'll PM you guys my number.
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #49
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by team1k View Post

So I'm not sure what they are planning on Thursday since we should get down there around 12 or so. I'm also not sure what late afternoon means. To me that sounds like 6 or 7 but I can't see these guys wanting to drive home in the dark so maybe they mean 4. I'm going to push for us to get some afternoon shots done Thursday in hopes to be all set by Friday at 4.
Well even if you need to get some more "glamour shots" done Friday late afternoon It really wouldn't bother me to leave later. There are plenty of obstacles to play around on till your finished up. As long as I'm not having to watch you model on the hood of your jeep in a mankini!
SLEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #50
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I guess we can see how things play out and go from there.
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #51
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ha i love how things change so much on this, but here is the latest ive narrowed it down and im now 95% sure it wont change.

I will be arriving thursday morning around noon and tool around looking for some good spots. The other guys will be showing up around 4. We are going to check in, eat, then go to spots ive previously located and do some shots. These are NOT mankini shots more of just my jeep and me with a landscape behind or climbing up some obstacle. There will be some close up interview style questions as well.

Friday morning around 8 ish we are heading out for some morning light shots until noonish, at which point they are heading home so im free from then on.

I think the confusion comes in because there are 2 guys and one of them is coming and the other one isnt so one has an idea of how things are going down and the other guy has a different idea. Anyway sorry for all the confusion but it looks like we are back on track.
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #52
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

So what are the pictures for?
XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #53
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I need to find a job that pays me to go wheeling in Moab. Any openings at your company?
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #54
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well it's actually going to be video. My work makes recruitment videos based on hobbies of those who work here so for mine it's jeeping. Basically I talk about myself, what I do at work, my hobby, and why I like my work. Then they make a 2 minute video or so about it that they put on their website and play at recruiting things.

The last few videos were a mountain biker, and a snowboarder.

Yeah we are hiring all the time if your interested. It's a technology company so a lot of computer things like IT, customer support, programming, web development, as well as your basic corporate needs such as finances, HR, marketing, sales, etc... Company is called xactware.
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #55
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Do they have any 6 figure jobs for finance guys that work from home from ~1.25 hours south of the main office?
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #56
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal
Do they have any 6 figure jobs for finance guys that work from home from ~1.25 hours south of the main office?
For you yes, but the perks of your job would be hard for me to give up what would dean do without our projects to challenge him?
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #57
YJYNOTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone cool if we leave a little later on friday for poison spider? Like 5? Turns out I need to take my son to the dentist that morning before leaving, so going to make it tight timeline to make it there and ready to go by 4.
YJYNOTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #58
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
For you yes, but the perks of your job would be hard for me to give up what would dean do without our projects to challenge him?
Oh I wouldn't give this one up. I'd just work swing from home or something
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #59
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJYNOTJ
Everyone cool if we leave a little later on friday for poison spider? Like 5? Turns out I need to take my son to the dentist that morning before leaving, so going to make it tight timeline to make it there and ready to go by 4.
If I get done by 12 that would leave us 12-5 which almost would be enough time to squeeze in a trail....hmm

Sleven what time were you going to be down again?

Polecat you will already be there right? Got any plans for Friday morning?
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #60
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

If I get done by 12 that would leave us 12-5 which almost would be enough time to squeeze in a trail....hmm

Sleven what time were you going to be down again?

Polecat you will already be there right? Got any plans for Friday morning?
I should be rolling into town around 230.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.