moab advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > moab advice

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
smileyfish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

moab advice

we have a dozen or so driving or towing 2,500 miles to moab the first week of Oct. we have picked the trails listed below, i think they are a good mix. most of us are double locked and 33"s or 35's some single locked. i'm looking for advice or input about the trails. thanks in advance

Day 1) Fins+Things , , Potato salad hill.

Day 2) Rose garden hill and Top of the world.

Day 3) Kane creek canyon + or Strike ravine.

Day 4) Poison spider mesa, Golden spike, Gold bar rim.

Day 5) 7 Mile rim.

i know they are not the most dificult trails out there but i think it's a good mix of stuff. some high above and some canyon stuff. some slickrock and dirt and rocks. if we don't like it after a couple days we can change it up, i hope.

Unread 09-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Alaska-HWY JK

Jk

I'm heading down there for 10 days in the start of October also, if you can get ahold of the Charles A Wells (Guide to Moab, UT Backroad & 4Wheel Drive Trails) it will help you out. Get the spiral wound edition for the extra $5, it worth it. If you're going to Fins n Things don't skip Hells Revenge its right there. Run them both the same day, skip the Escalator and Hells Gate and stay out of the hot tubs if you want but you have to see them. Google Moab if you havn't already. We were down there in July 08. Looking forward to go back in Oct. It's 2600 km one way for us.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:49 AM   #3
Stebel
Polak

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyfish View Post
we have a dozen or so driving or towing 2,500 miles to moab the first week of Oct. we have picked the trails listed below, i think they are a good mix. most of us are double locked and 33"s or 35's some single locked. i'm looking for advice or input about the trails. thanks in advance

Day 1) Fins+Things , , Potato salad hill.

Day 2) Rose garden hill and Top of the world.

Day 3) Kane creek canyon + or Strike ravine.

Day 4) Poison spider mesa, Golden spike, Gold bar rim.

Day 5) 7 Mile rim.

i know they are not the most dificult trails out there but i think it's a good mix of stuff. some high above and some canyon stuff. some slickrock and dirt and rocks. if we don't like it after a couple days we can change it up, i hope.

Seems like good list. I would change Fins and things and run Hells revenge instead. Other than that great trails. You will have fun for sure...Top of the world is a long ride on dirt roads...i found it rather boring.

Kane creet or strike ravine...both are fun trails to run..watch out for washouta at cane creek..after heavy rains this trail can turn into reallu long day.

Poison spider, golden spike and gold bar..start early in the morning because those trails are long when put together...but definatelly worth running.

7 mile....nice easy trail wit nice views...good to run in between harder ones to take a break from hard wheeling. Last obstacle on this trail is steep and fun to play at.

Also if you will find some time run Moab Rim....with a small group you can run to the top and back in less than 2 hrs.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB#1
Stebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.