Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Memorial Day - Mineral Basin

10K views 166 replies 31 participants last post by  JoeTeed 
#1 ·
As long as the trails are open I will be cracking the top/doors off and doing Mineral Basin! :banana: all are welcome! If you are interested just let me know! thanks guys!!

We will be meeting at Chevron @ 8:30 leaving at 9.

As far as recommendations for the trail, all I will say is that it is no walk in the park trail. I know basically everyone is familiar with the trail so I will not go into requirements or anything like that! However it would be helpful for everyone to have a CB so we can communicate if the group needs to stop or anything like that.

By the sound of things this is going to be a very wet trip so plan accordingly, as of 5-23-14 it sounds like the trail is basically a river.

I was thinking pack a lunch or grab something at Chevron and half way through or so on the trail we will find a good place to pull off and enjoy a bite before continuing on with the trail.

Attending:
- Ralph_801
- kevinofhardy
- Tom95YJ
- GODMODEX
- UTWJ2000
- Moparich
- Nic63impss
- smartass_kid
- FZJ80cruiser
- Ericon18
- overland_HO
- 96PurpleZJ
- Jeepthing08
- Alcancia +3-4

Fence
- Tblack
- petty144

On the fence about being on the fence
- Mr-Talon

See less See more
#16 ·
If I'm available, I'm in. I'm fairly new to the Utah Jeep Crew. Been up AF canyon on ATV's but I bought a jeep this last summer and you guys know how things go. And which chevron are you referring to?

#19 ·
HtNRun said:
Depending on weather, any good camp spots? Kids would be upset if we didn't do our usual Memorial Day camping weekend... If so, I'd be up for it.
There are, but generally all the good ones(reasonable distance to the vault toilets) get grabbed earlier in the week. There should be primitive camping further up on the trail and you most likely can find something by mineral

#21 ·
bump.. getting a little closer just wanted to check in to see if everyone is still in and also if anyone else wanted to join the group. If the time is too early we could switch to Chevron at 9 leave at 9:30!

*edit* did a small update on the first post of thread

#32 ·
Put me on the fence. Me and Tom will show everyone how its done. I've made the trail with 2" of lift and 31's. I would call that the minimum requirements if we dont want to have breaks or damage. Which is still ok, we are all there to lend a hand and have a good time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.