Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Memorial Day - Mineral Basin

10K views 166 replies 31 participants last post by  JoeTeed 
#1 ·
As long as the trails are open I will be cracking the top/doors off and doing Mineral Basin! :banana: all are welcome! If you are interested just let me know! thanks guys!!

We will be meeting at Chevron @ 8:30 leaving at 9.

As far as recommendations for the trail, all I will say is that it is no walk in the park trail. I know basically everyone is familiar with the trail so I will not go into requirements or anything like that! However it would be helpful for everyone to have a CB so we can communicate if the group needs to stop or anything like that.

By the sound of things this is going to be a very wet trip so plan accordingly, as of 5-23-14 it sounds like the trail is basically a river.

I was thinking pack a lunch or grab something at Chevron and half way through or so on the trail we will find a good place to pull off and enjoy a bite before continuing on with the trail.

Attending:
- Ralph_801
- kevinofhardy
- Tom95YJ
- GODMODEX
- UTWJ2000
- Moparich
- Nic63impss
- smartass_kid
- FZJ80cruiser
- Ericon18
- overland_HO
- 96PurpleZJ
- Jeepthing08
- Alcancia +3-4

Fence
- Tblack
- petty144

On the fence about being on the fence
- Mr-Talon

See less See more
#100 ·
Jeepthing08 said:
Put me on the list I need to test my jeep out
Nice. Lastnight I heard a noise when making left turns in then xj so I have to shake it down today I think a ujoint on the stub shaft going out , or the front driveshaft weight is contacting the downpipe. I installed a new Heim on the trackbar on Thursday nightso the axle may be shifted over to the right just a tad so depending on the issue I may bring the YJ instead

#108 ·
Is there room for me and my family of 3-4 jeeps? The last thing we want to do is overwhelm a group.

Also, is anyone trailering there? Although everyone is "street legal," some aren't I-15 capable. Just wondering if there's a place to park and unload.
Absolutely there's room!! I'll put you on the list and look for your group tomorrow morning! :highfive:

#102 ·
Alcancia said:
Is there room for me and my family of 3-4 jeeps? The last thing we want to do is overwhelm a group. Also, is anyone trailering there? Although everyone is "street legal," some aren't I-15 capable. Just wondering if there's a place to park and unload.
There's parking for trailers at tibble fork before the acess rd to the trails. More the merrier

#115 ·
TylerU said:
Hey, is it the same chevron at Saratoga spring we are talking about?
Nope different one. Here's the address : 5260 W 11000 N American Fork, UT 84003 United States As for a stock xj on this trail. Id say nope last time I went up there 2 years ago with 3" on 31's I used my sliders a lot. I didn't go up there last year but with the erosion form snow melting and nobody having a chance to relocate rocks in the rock gardens and water coming down the trail I wouldn't try it. I am sure you can park and ride along. I'll have an extra seat

#124 ·
kevinofhardy said:
I am only on 3 and 31s with no lockers, and have never done this trail. No real rocker or under carriage protection. What are my chances of making it through unscathed?
I saw some pics some guys took up there today it didn't look too bad with proper to replacement and a spotter you should be fine. The upper portion appeared to have some snow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.