law on 3rd brake light in utah? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > law on 3rd brake light in utah?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 10-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeeper View Post
Side markers have nothing to do with brake lights. They come on when you turn on the headlights. And yes, all vehicles manufactured today have side markers, they are usually built into the tail light. Take a look at the OEM tail light. It is built into the side along with the side reflector.

Whether you add them or not is up to you (I didn't). I'm just letting you know if you get pulled over (again probably unlikely) and get a ticket you will know why.
i havent been pulled over in this tj, i was just trying to avoid being pulled over for lack of a 3rd brake light.

PowderPusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Real LED tail lights have side markers

image-3894353334.jpg
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #18
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311LJ
Real LED tail lights have side markers
Ayeup
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderPusher View Post
i recently removed my spare tire and carrier since i dont have the correct size anyway. i havent had a 3rd brake light for a month now since the last one shorted out all my fuses. im wondering if i can get a ticket for not having a 3rd brake light before i go buy the stuff to fab up a temp on? i live in slc and drive to pc about 3-6 times a week and the cops in pc are always looking for the smallest reason to pull people over.
It's a Federal reg - found in FMVSS (49CFR Part 1.) If it was originally on there, it's required to be there - even if it's dumb (like DRL.)

Caused me a headache when I was wiring lighting controllers, since flashing the third light wasn't allowed, I had to run bypass wiring to keep it solid while the side brake lamps were wired to flash. (Wiring in headlamp flashers with DRLs was likewise fun...)
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

this tj may have gotten away with it since the dealer i bought it from was the one who inspected it. they prolly didnt want to have to replace the tails with something else. i dont know how i feel about these tail lights becasue the tub has big holes cut into it for them. i can never go back to a stock tail light.
Unread 10-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #21
ilopez

I've never had a 3rd brake light on my yj and my tail lights and turn signals are smoked and I haven been pulled over for 3 months, and I dont have mud flaps,
ilopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #22
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilopez View Post
I've never had a 3rd brake light on my yj and my tail lights and turn signals are smoked and I haven been pulled over for 3 months, and I dont have mud flaps,
doesnt mean it wont happen eventually. i just dont want to give a cop a reason. i am also an idiot and havent had a license since april so im trying to avoid it at all costs. should have it back by next month. and before anyone gives me crap i have no choice. i work in pc and live in slc.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.