Iso np231 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Iso np231

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO TeraFlex JK 2/4 Door 2.5" Lift Kit!! DEALS AT ROCKRID

Unread 12-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Iso np231

Hey guys, about to go junk yard hunting for a tcase for my 05 tj. Before we go into all the what I should get and ought to do's, this is my dd and obviously, cost is an issue this time of year.

My intent is just a straight swap, out, in, done. The one coming out has a bent output that is driving me INSANE. And the project will be to rebuild that to 241 specs w/sye (as $ allows).

Now before I go hand over money to bubba, just for having a wrecked vehicle in his lot...

Is there anyone on here, that has one, laying around, or easily accessible, that would give me a fair price (equivalent to A1 on west 17th in ogden)?

Thanks in advance. If I can get this done, I may be up for a New Years run again this year.

Pat

HtNRun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
amp713
Registered Whiskey Killer

1995 YJ Wrangler 

There is a guy with one on the UJC facebook page selling his with SYE for i wanna say 200.

SourMash The YJ

YJOTM APRIL
amp713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That is tempting, trying to not get into the sye yet, ($$$) buying new driveline and all that.
Kinda hoping for one someone pulled for a project they never got around to and haven't opened up.

Plug and play is the key I'm looking for at this moment.

Thank you and I did put it in my "look in to" list. 😆
Unread 12-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
amp713

1995 YJ Wrangler 

No problem! You in the utah area now?? Your profile still shows you as a cali dweller

SourMash The YJ

YJOTM APRIL
Unread 12-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, been in slc area for about 2 years now (currently Layton), been on a couple trips with ericon and a few other UJC. Just haven't updated my profile. Can't figure out how to do it from the app in my phone and am allergic to pc's and all the viruses that my kids put on them.
Unread 12-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
amp713

1995 YJ Wrangler 

hahaha gotcha! I just figured id double check... You just never know ha

SourMash The YJ

YJOTM APRIL
Unread 01-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

My neighbor has a 23 spline 231 with sye from his XJ he was selling. He installed the sye on the case and drive the XJ for a month or so before he noticed the unibody tore so he parted it out. The tcase is all he has left
Unread 01-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I went through everything. I think I found the problem, front yoke. The u-joint doesn't fit square in it anymore. Ever heard of a yoke widening? I haven't. New u-joint fits same, I have enough space in the yoke that one c-clip from the ujoint kit will make everything tight. But doing that doesn't center it, and I'm back to the vibration problem.
Unread 01-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #9
amp713

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ive seen them get hot from bad angles and bend or blow up.... but usually the fronts dont have the angle issue as much! Maybe just try a junkyard yoke?

SourMash The YJ

YJOTM APRIL
Unread 01-17-2015, 02:27 PM   #10
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
My neighbor has a 23 spline 231 with sye from his XJ he was selling. He installed the sye on the case and drive the XJ for a month or so before he noticed the unibody tore so he parted it out. The tcase is all he has left
Does your neighbor still have that t-case, and if so, how much? But that's put me in the position of finding a drive line. :-( I raised the jeep up just a little bit ago, bad output shaft. Bent. Visible wobble at idle.
Unread 01-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #11
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 01-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #12
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Out of curiosity, how much would you want for your bad case when you replace it? Feel free to PM me
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #13
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, my case itself isn't bad, just a bent output... So my thoughts were to get a stock whole tcase to just swap, and hold this till i have time and money to do sye with limited downtime. (It's my dd as well). However, if I came across a good output shaft, I'd just swap them.

On the chance I do get a hold of a new(used) tcase to plug and play... Money talks more than my intentions. I'm sure we could work something out. Always up for a good trade even
Unread 01-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #14
amp713

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hell if you would have said you needed the output id have told you to come get mine! I did a SYE and you can have it if you want it.... its just been sittin on a shelf since i did my SYE. I live a ways from the city is the only problem....

SourMash The YJ

YJOTM APRIL
Unread 01-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #15
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Still need one... I'm in slc today and can come get it! I'll pm my number, hit me in text

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.