I think I'm gonna buy a Jeep again... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > I think I'm gonna buy a Jeep again...

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #46
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJeepin85 View Post
Time is money and time the jeeps down is time you can enjoy it. Just get the rubi... its a mans best friend lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
The six speed came 05-06 only. What would you define "better" as? I find my 2006 rubicon with 35s and stock gearing to be adequate on the street and excellent offroad for the trails I do. You can check my build thread even to see the types of trails I run. Bottom line I could run any trail in Moab outside of Area BFE. And I drive 20 miles a day in my rig.
I actually was reading your build, but I'm at work so all the pictures are blocked so I'm gonna have to check out more of it when I get home! Mostly my build comes down to my budget. If I pick up a decent TJ for $8k, I'll have to put 3-4k more into it for axles and gears to make it compete with a rubicon. But I really don't need it to be super built. I run AF canyon a ton, little moab, and the snakes (probably the gnarliest local trail to even run IMO) and I feel like even just 33's would get my by on all those. But, if I'm paying to regear, and swapping axles, I want 35's lol. So really I'm gonna be $2k into axles with limited slip rear but without a locker (less if get one that comes with a D44), but I might throw a lunchbox in the front if I feel like I need more traction, then buy a cheap lift, and upgrade as money allows. First thing after lift tires and axles, is gonna be a sye, and dc driveshaft to ditch a tc drop, then everything else I will build from there depending on what I need

Unread 11-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #47
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

I might have different preferences than others, but when I had my 05 LJ Rubicon with the 6 speed, I couldn't stand the 4.10's with 35's. I went with 4.88 and loved that setup. It was a little lower than stock that way, but it would crawl really well, and it wasn't terrible on the road. I lost 5th and 6th climbing hills with 4.10's, and it was SOOOOOOOOO much better with the 4.88's. My 2 cents.
Moab_cj5 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #48
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I've never even driven a regeared Jeep... So I'm making that my first priority. Like I said, really hoping to find one with a d44 already under it, but planning on that not happening soo 8.8 swap and gears would happen at the same time as lift and tires
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #49
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet Moses I'm selling my mustang for sure after today. I have NEVER driven anything this bad in the snow.

On another note I just watched a 6 part install of ring and pinion on an 8.8. I ain't even skeered no more. Looks totally doable. And it would save me $500. I also found a friend who will weld brackets on for me. So looks like I'll be making my own 8.8! (Assuming I can't find a TJ with a d44)
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #50
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODMODEX View Post
Sweet Moses I'm selling my mustang for sure after today. I have NEVER driven anything this bad in the snow...
I drove my Camaro for 10 years as a DD before I bought a fwd vehicle for DD duties. There were many times that I just abandoned my vehicle where it was parked and found a ride home. Rear wheel drive cars are very fun to drive, but Dec-Feb can be pretty sketchy.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #51
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

After adding up the price of my build, I decided on a JK. Probably 2 door, 4 door if I can swing it. Hopefully by the end of april!
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #52
JustJeepin85
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODMODEX View Post
After adding up the price of my build, I decided on a JK. Probably 2 door, 4 door if I can swing it. Hopefully by the end of april!
That's entirely a different price range lol... more plastic 30% "beefier" frame but almost 50% more thick then a tj. ID say research some before you shoot for the moon that's not the moon.
JustJeepin85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #53
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a TJ listed for sale in the classifieds
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #54
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Axle swap is my main beef with a tj. If i have to axle swap it, thats an extra $1000+ that has to go straight into the build. If im swapping the axle i might as well regear right then (or i have to i should say) so $2k+ in cash I gotta drop right off the bat. The lifts are about even in price, couple hundred cheaper on the JK. I cant carry a 35 spare on a tj without getting a new rear bumper. JK can carry a 35 spare on the stock one. I can throw 35's on a jk, and just regear it in a couple months. That just gives me time to recoup funds, and less diwntime from wheeling and driving. That and they are in the same price range as jk's (ok jk's are like 1-2k more but for a 3-4 year newer jeep it's worth the extra $35 a month) for the miles I'm looking at. And, don't burn me guys, but I just like JK's more. They ride better, the interior is nicer, and I only need 2.5 of lift to clear 35's. This is gonna be my DD so those things are all important. Plus... they look better. It's all just little stuff, but it adds up, especially the few hunddred here, few hundred extra there that it takes to build a TJ
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #55
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
I have a TJ listed for sale in the classifieds
Just saw that. If you've still got it when I'm in the market I am definately interested
Unread 03-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #56
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well. Got in a wreck with my mustang, had to claim liability on that one, or have 2-3 months without it. Got it fixed. Got it back last week, then got rear ended the next day, WHILE PARKED. So my plans definately have had a hitch. At this point, I'm going to try to get what I owe on my loan out of the car, and part out everything I have on it, and pick up another WJ!!! and a sport bike soo... long journey ahead of me, again, but I WILL have a Jeep again in the next few months...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.