Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

General CrewCHAT!

200K views 4K replies 95 participants last post by  Tuffjeeper 
#1 ·
Let the random chit chat commence...

#1,603 ·
A gynacologist, tired of his profession and wanting less responsibility, decided a career change was in order. After some serious thought, he decided that being an engine mechanic, something he had once enjoyed prior to college, would be a good choice. However, it had been a long time since he had tinkered with an engine and he knew that in order to compete with the younger workforce, he would have to go to school.

He enrolled in a technical institute that specialized in teaching auto mechanics. He aced the course, but the final exam required each student to completely strip and reassemble an engine. It was with some trepidation that he took the test. At completion, he turned the engine over to his instructors for evaluation and awaited his final grade.

When they were handed out, he did a double take at the 150% grade he received. Rather confused, he asked his instructors how it was possible to have a grade like this. "It is really quite simple," they said. "We gave you 50% for correctly disassembling the engine, 50% for correctly reassembling it, and an additional 50% for doing it all through the exhaust."

#1,607 ·
:confused: Did you get a new swing set?

#1,608 ·
yep it bolts to the jeep! haha

I got a pretty sweet deal on a bestop trek top. came with two tops and one set of hardware. one of the tops is brand new the other used for a summer but has a small tear near the front windshield(only like 1/2 inch).

#1,609 ·
Cool. I was looking at the boxes, and trying to figure it out. I was thinking - Entire underbelly skid assembly.

#1,616 ·
It never ceases to amaze me how many seemingly civilized human beings still cannot bring themselves to wash their hands after using a public restroom.

#1,620 ·
Are you bringing your JK this Saturday? I have this goal that my Jeep will see more dirt and rocks that yours will. :p

Cavemen didn't. Why should we?
Prove it.

#1,628 ·
I hesitate spilling my guts, but here I go.

Well, Dunno where to start.... Um, I don't know. It was for sale, and now its not. I didn't tell ANYBODY that it was for sale, and within 15 mins, Travis was texting me, and a couple hrs later the whole JeepCrew (One Word) :rofl: was texting me giving me hell.

I had one heck of a summer building this rear end, and after having it cost up the ying yang to get the Jeep functional again, then having the ujoint crap out on me again, I had it with the Jeep. My last trip to Moab isn't what I would call a good experience... Jeeping wasn't fun anymore...

So after the whole summer and having a crappy time in Moab for Labor Day, and now having little money, it was/is enticing to pay off everything and have $$ in the bank.

Right now, I'm doing a lot better than I was a few weeks ago. I have a good chunk in savings now and am doing better. So things will be staying the same for the forseeable future. :)

#1,627 ·
Just another one of his scare tactics. Remember that JK he bought last year? :rolleyes:

#1,629 ·
That's understandable... Yeah that's why I probably won't build a single part on for my jk. I like the wheeling but not the building. It gets old haha.

But I will say before you think about selling it again next week. I regret selling my wj because I had it for cheap. Which I think you're probably in the same boat with your jeep. You could sell it for more than you've got into it. but then to replace it it will cost you more. I like having my jk but I'd much rather have my wj and a much cheaper payment... just my 2 cents.

Glad you decided to keep it. :D

#1,632 ·
LOL! Cool, but that's not what I was referring to. It was this part:

I regret selling my wj ... I like having my jk but I'd much rather have my wj and a much cheaper payment... just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.