General CrewCHAT! - Page 264 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > General CrewCHAT!

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Reply
Unread 05-31-2014, 09:58 PM   #3946
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Talon
Anyone have problems with 97+ xj getting emissions done? Obd connector not working on machine, but works with a scanner?
Mine works fine

__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #3947
Mr-Talon
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 225
I got yelled at by county for interrupting the guy. He told me, do this and that. I already did that. He then says guy needs to get the 16 pin connector fixed, and not to send guy to county building. I told guy to go do his errands and come back. He came back and it worked. Yet again county thinks these new machines are still problem free.
__________________
UJC Member #146
Mr-Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #3948
90lsturbo
scratches add character..
 
90lsturbo's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Jordan, UT
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Talon View Post
I got yelled at by county for interrupting the guy. He told me, do this and that. I already did that. He then says guy needs to get the 16 pin connector fixed, and not to send guy to county building. I told guy to go do his errands and come back. He came back and it worked. Yet again county thinks these new machines are still problem free.
Lol I Had quite the conversation with Tammy today about a Corolla and how I should do this to do this and that and blah blah blah hahaha I know how that **** goes it's never-ending with.them
__________________
2000 subaru legacy waggy-DD
1993 zj-sold
1981 cj5- traded
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #3949
Mr-Talon
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 225
Tammy a beeyotch. Today at work we got the torch, cherry picker and started to take the in ground dyno out. Also got a tire balancer. Next week we will get a tire machine, and start doing tires at my work. Yippi, I hate tires.
__________________
UJC Member #146
Mr-Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #3950
90lsturbo
scratches add character..
 
90lsturbo's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Jordan, UT
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Talon View Post
Tammy a beeyotch. Today at work we got the torch, cherry picker and started to take the in ground dyno out. Also got a tire balancer. Next week we will get a tire machine, and start doing tires at my work. Yippi, I hate tires.
No **** lol
__________________
2000 subaru legacy waggy-DD
1993 zj-sold
1981 cj5- traded
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #3951
Modstock
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 291
Its not bad when its your own tires though. Id perfer doing my own cause there are some idiots out there .
__________________
.
Modstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #3952
Mr-Talon
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 225
Since I'm the jeep guy at my work I got stuck trying to help a customer fix his 2000 wj problems. #1 96 zj motor, #2 motor mounts been chopped and 1 bolt holding the brackets in, rubber mounts are destroyed. #3 wrong ex manifold so leaks really bad, and I can see into the head in all 6 cyl. #4 ex pipe after the cat converters is resting on the front driveline. Alot of lights on in the dash, grinds when starting, runs really rough. Any thoughts on making this work? I already told him to put correct motor in it, sell it. No go there. He kept asking me over and over the grind the converter flange so it won't rub on mount. Now he wants me to weld some motor mount brackets onto his frame. It's ghetto and poorly put together. Ahhhhhh
__________________
UJC Member #146
Mr-Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #3953
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Talon View Post
Since I'm the jeep guy at my work I got stuck trying to help a customer fix his 2000 wj problems. #1 96 zj motor, #2 motor mounts been chopped and 1 bolt holding the brackets in, rubber mounts are destroyed. #3 wrong ex manifold so leaks really bad, and I can see into the head in all 6 cyl. #4 ex pipe after the cat converters is resting on the front driveline. Alot of lights on in the dash, grinds when starting, runs really rough. Any thoughts on making this work? I already told him to put correct motor in it, sell it. No go there. He kept asking me over and over the grind the converter flange so it won't rub on mount. Now he wants me to weld some motor mount brackets onto his frame. It's ghetto and poorly put together. Ahhhhhh
I'd turn them away. You Don't Have To Fix every Vehicle that comes in. To much liability with him finding things wrong down the road and your shop eating it.
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #3954
Modstock
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 291
Isnt that engine swap not-legal anyways ?

I thought it had to be the same year (motor/body) on newer cars from 1986 on if I remember correctly .
Id send him packin .
__________________
.
Modstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #3955
Mr-Talon
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 225
It has to be a motor that was offered in the particular vehicle, Then it has to be same year or newer then vehicle. I tried to tell him to call it quits but wouldn't listen. Said it took him 13 days to do it and he is not a quitter.
__________________
UJC Member #146
Mr-Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #3956
Mickey_D
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 40° 3'42.36"N 112° 2'16.73"W, Utah
Posts: 6,732
Then tell him he ain't done yet. He got this far he can continue.

Tell him straight out you are a Jeep fixer - not a bloody miracle worker. You can only fix things that were originally done right due to liability.
__________________
1997 ZJ 5.2 Orvis, Baby!
1953 Willys M100 trailer Tagalong
________________
[_][][][][][][][][_]


Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #3957
Mr-Talon
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 225
Lol, he didn't show up today. oh well.
__________________
UJC Member #146
Mr-Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #3958
skullysXJ
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SLC Utah
Posts: 1,628
any WJ guys have a stock t case skid they want to part with for cheap???
__________________
~KADE~ kool kid klub #1
08 JKU Rubicon
skullysXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #3959
Godholio
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 1,841
Not for a Jeep, but does anybody know a reliable shop that knows old cars and doesn't charge an arm, leg, and firstborn? I've got a '66 SBC that's got an uncooperative idle (won't run well below 1000 rpm) and doesn't pull enough vacuum. I don't know if the two are related, but I assume so. Once I get the carb back from a rebuilder, I've got exactly one more idea and then I'm completely stumped and will probably take it somewhere.

Preferably in Weber, Davis, or SL Counties.
__________________
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #3960
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler
 
youngjeepr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: layton UT
Posts: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio
Not for a Jeep, but does anybody know a reliable shop that knows old cars and doesn't charge an arm, leg, and firstborn? I've got a '66 SBC that's got an uncooperative idle (won't run well below 1000 rpm) and doesn't pull enough vacuum. I don't know if the two are related, but I assume so. Once I get the carb back from a rebuilder, I've got exactly one more idea and then I'm completely stumped and will probably take it somewhere. Preferably in Weber, Davis, or SL Counties.
How big is the cam? And what is the timing set at?
__________________
88 YJ- 4.7l stroker, AW4, SOA, 8.8, hp D30 powertrax no slip,3" front stretch with waggy springs, stock replacement springs in the rear, 35/12.5 r15 goodyear kevlars

Utah Jeep Crew



Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.