General CrewCHAT! - Page 264 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > General CrewCHAT!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-31-2014, 10:58 PM   #3946
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Talon
Anyone have problems with 97+ xj getting emissions done? Obd connector not working on machine, but works with a scanner?
Mine works fine

Unread 06-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #3947
Mr-Talon
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I got yelled at by county for interrupting the guy. He told me, do this and that. I already did that. He then says guy needs to get the 16 pin connector fixed, and not to send guy to county building. I told guy to go do his errands and come back. He came back and it worked. Yet again county thinks these new machines are still problem free.
UJC Member #146
Mr-Talon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #3948
90lsturbo
scratches add character..

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Talon View Post
I got yelled at by county for interrupting the guy. He told me, do this and that. I already did that. He then says guy needs to get the 16 pin connector fixed, and not to send guy to county building. I told guy to go do his errands and come back. He came back and it worked. Yet again county thinks these new machines are still problem free.
Lol I Had quite the conversation with Tammy today about a Corolla and how I should do this to do this and that and blah blah blah hahaha I know how that **** goes it's never-ending with.them
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #3949
Mr-Talon
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Tammy a beeyotch. Today at work we got the torch, cherry picker and started to take the in ground dyno out. Also got a tire balancer. Next week we will get a tire machine, and start doing tires at my work. Yippi, I hate tires.
UJC Member #146
Unread 06-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #3950
90lsturbo
scratches add character..

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Tammy a beeyotch. Today at work we got the torch, cherry picker and started to take the in ground dyno out. Also got a tire balancer. Next week we will get a tire machine, and start doing tires at my work. Yippi, I hate tires.
No **** lol
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #3951
Modstock
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Its not bad when its your own tires though. Id perfer doing my own cause there are some idiots out there .
Unread 06-17-2014, 11:56 PM   #3952
Mr-Talon
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Since I'm the jeep guy at my work I got stuck trying to help a customer fix his 2000 wj problems. #1 96 zj motor, #2 motor mounts been chopped and 1 bolt holding the brackets in, rubber mounts are destroyed. #3 wrong ex manifold so leaks really bad, and I can see into the head in all 6 cyl. #4 ex pipe after the cat converters is resting on the front driveline. Alot of lights on in the dash, grinds when starting, runs really rough. Any thoughts on making this work? I already told him to put correct motor in it, sell it. No go there. He kept asking me over and over the grind the converter flange so it won't rub on mount. Now he wants me to weld some motor mount brackets onto his frame. It's ghetto and poorly put together. Ahhhhhh
UJC Member #146
Unread 06-18-2014, 12:50 AM   #3953
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Since I'm the jeep guy at my work I got stuck trying to help a customer fix his 2000 wj problems. #1 96 zj motor, #2 motor mounts been chopped and 1 bolt holding the brackets in, rubber mounts are destroyed. #3 wrong ex manifold so leaks really bad, and I can see into the head in all 6 cyl. #4 ex pipe after the cat converters is resting on the front driveline. Alot of lights on in the dash, grinds when starting, runs really rough. Any thoughts on making this work? I already told him to put correct motor in it, sell it. No go there. He kept asking me over and over the grind the converter flange so it won't rub on mount. Now he wants me to weld some motor mount brackets onto his frame. It's ghetto and poorly put together. Ahhhhhh
I'd turn them away. You Don't Have To Fix every Vehicle that comes in. To much liability with him finding things wrong down the road and your shop eating it.
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #3954
Modstock
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Isnt that engine swap not-legal anyways ?

I thought it had to be the same year (motor/body) on newer cars from 1986 on if I remember correctly .
Id send him packin .
Unread 06-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #3955
Mr-Talon
1993 XJ Cherokee 

It has to be a motor that was offered in the particular vehicle, Then it has to be same year or newer then vehicle. I tried to tell him to call it quits but wouldn't listen. Said it took him 13 days to do it and he is not a quitter.
UJC Member #146
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #3956
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Then tell him he ain't done yet. He got this far he can continue.

Tell him straight out you are a Jeep fixer - not a bloody miracle worker. You can only fix things that were originally done right due to liability.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #3957
Mr-Talon
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Lol, he didn't show up today. oh well.
UJC Member #146
Unread 08-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #3958
skullysXJ
2001 WJ 

any WJ guys have a stock t case skid they want to part with for cheap???
~KADE~ kool kid klub #1
08 JKU Rubicon
skullysXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #3959
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Not for a Jeep, but does anybody know a reliable shop that knows old cars and doesn't charge an arm, leg, and firstborn? I've got a '66 SBC that's got an uncooperative idle (won't run well below 1000 rpm) and doesn't pull enough vacuum. I don't know if the two are related, but I assume so. Once I get the carb back from a rebuilder, I've got exactly one more idea and then I'm completely stumped and will probably take it somewhere.

Preferably in Weber, Davis, or SL Counties.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #3960
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio
Not for a Jeep, but does anybody know a reliable shop that knows old cars and doesn't charge an arm, leg, and firstborn? I've got a '66 SBC that's got an uncooperative idle (won't run well below 1000 rpm) and doesn't pull enough vacuum. I don't know if the two are related, but I assume so. Once I get the carb back from a rebuilder, I've got exactly one more idea and then I'm completely stumped and will probably take it somewhere. Preferably in Weber, Davis, or SL Counties.
How big is the cam? And what is the timing set at?

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.