Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

General CrewCHAT!

200K views 4K replies 95 participants last post by  Tuffjeeper 
#1 ·
Let the random chit chat commence...

#44 ·
I just had microwavable burritos. That's about the only thing Hector is good for, by the way, he has a freezer stocked full.

#46 ·
Lunch today = Cafe Rio :highfive:

John, how'd the regear go? Justin sent me a pic of you huddled under your Jeep - it was cute. :laugh:

#47 ·
lol... it was okay.. jeep has been being a pain in the A all week... ugh.. complete with struggling to moab.. and not knowing if it would see slick rock once i got here.. I think i have it taken care of now...

#48 ·
Aw man. <burp> Today it was Five Guys. I think my heart just stopped. <hiccup>

#50 ·
So I know I've brought this up before, but I was just rethinking it. While looking through the state vehicle requirements for the good ol' UT, I noticed that it isn't very definitive about tire coverage. I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was something along the lines of "the top half of the tire must be covered". This seemed to mostly refer to mud flaps. Anyone have any issues with a few inches of tire sticking out laterally???

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to take a grinder to some parts of the jeep and want to see if it will be worth it.

#53 ·
Alright John, how was GSW? I wanna see lot of pics....

#54 ·
Ha you can't stick out past the fenders and when looking at the back of the vehicle the tires must be covered from the axle up...

#55 ·
Gsw was awesome my locker was amazing and so was having 4.56 gears ( no ken didn't work out)

I did every obsticle with no spinning..

As for it being the 13th annual gsw it definately was unlucky for all...

I had cooling problems on the way (ended up burping the system), a nightmare of a regear and locker install that lasted about a month up until the day before I left, power steering failing then coming back, I also bent my exhaust up so it was blowing on my bumper and started melting it (I trimmed it with snips and will have to add a tip to it later)

as for other jeeps we had one break a transfer case coming from accross the country and had a random shop who hears his story on the forums help him til 4am and even took parts from their tc's to get him to Moab.

We had 2+ more transfer cases, a blown D35, broken axle shaft, ripped off rear bumper, an exloded shock, broken off LCA mount, over heated zj, ONE TOTALED SATURN, a boiling sweeling battery, broken driveshaft on my RC Crawler lol, broken steering box on a zj, fuel pump going out, oh and much more I can't remember on the top of my head...

Also... IRONROCK offroad rolled their white wj on the Moab rim trail... Yowza

#56 ·
Man, I'm starting to not regret not going! Holy crap!

You'll have to give us all the details on the 19th.

#58 ·
They call clown college "academy" now? Well I guess that does sound better. ;)

#59 ·
I was fortunate enough to be stopped at a light next to a guy driving a ZJ rolling on dubs w/ hood scoops (yes, plural). So I gave him the look, of 'wtf did you do to your Jeep?' Apparently dude did not like my look bcz he flipped me off when his light turned green. If anyone sees said dude, please give him a thumbs down.

#62 ·
He's probably the same a-hole I saw taking brake pads off of wrecked cars at the pic-n-pull, haha.
Idiot...

Speaking of pick 'n pull, what were you there for? I've never seen a WJ there before.

#63 ·
Yes speaking of junk yards. Anyone know of a wj in ANY of them? I'm itching for a hatch locking mechanism and maybe the a pillar "oh ****" handle out of an 04'.. Mel doesn't like the one on the roofline

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.