Front drive shaft after lifting the JK 4" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Front drive shaft after lifting the JK 4"

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
Marhey
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D
Oh, there probably is. But I don't like crossing Point of the Mountain unless I have to...
Likewise. Haha...

Marcus | UJC #158 | 2011 JKU Sport
Build Thread: http://goo.gl/ssaiHN
Marhey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #17
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Slyco drivelines just off of 1-15 and 1300 S in salt lake does good work.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I believe tattons drivelines is up there. Braden got his from there if I remember correctly.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Marhey
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys. So, why would I not just buy a driveshaft from Quadratec like: http://www.quadratec.com/products/52301_98X0_PG.htm and install it rather than going to a shop? I guess my question is what more is a shop going to do than bolt a new one on?
Unread 03-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #20
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhey View Post
Thanks guys. So, why would I not just buy a driveshaft from Quadratec like: http://www.quadratec.com/products/52301_98X0_PG.htm and install it rather than going to a shop? I guess my question is what more is a shop going to do than bolt a new one on?
It would really depend on your application. My jeep for example has 60's, a tummy tuck skid plate, motor mount lift, etc... so finding one that is specific to my application would be difficult. Now if you were running stock axles and mostly stock things and just put a 4" lift on then you probably are fine buying one from quadratec since that is generic enough they already have figured out the dimensions and such.

Edit: Now that ive looked at the link its actually just them reselling tom woods drive lines. With any driveline you can actually measure for it on your own at your home, then provide that info to a tom woods or other shops and they can make it for you that way. With how close i currently live to the driveline shops it just makes me feel better knowing they took the measurments and its going to be a perfect fit.
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #21
Marhey
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ok, thank you for clearing that up. Are the local shops manufacturing these shafts or buying them (at a specific length) from the manufacturer, like Tom Woods Inc.?

I just did a quick google search for Tattons Drivelines and all I am reading are great things. I just called and he quoted me $375 and a couple days to build it.
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
tjohnson88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tom Woods is located up in Ogden. They built my driveshaft to and i just provided them the measurements. My Dad was working up there at the time so he just picked it up at their shop. So Far i have no complaints on their work.
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

6 states and gaylons down here make them in house as does tattons. I'm sure they could order a Tom woods shaft for you if you wanted one but there would probably be a mark up on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.