First time to Goblin Valley - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > First time to Goblin Valley

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
pagnani
1983 CJ7 

First time to Goblin Valley

It has been 20 years since I have been to Goblin Valley. I am taking my wife and kids for the weekend and we will be tent camping this week. Can you guys direct me where to camp? We only have tents so somewhere that is tent and kid friendly. Thanks for the help.

Unread 05-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
YJ475
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Turn right just before the actual entrance to the Goblin Valley park, onto a dirt road, towards Little Wild Horse Canyon. Drive about a mile and look left. This is about where the first stream/wash crossing is. Lots of fun camping near the dirt slot canyons there.
YJ475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
pagnani
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ475 View Post
Turn right just before the actual entrance to the Goblin Valley park, onto a dirt road, towards Little Wild Horse Canyon. Drive about a mile and look left. This is about where the first stream/wash crossing is. Lots of fun camping near the dirt slot canyons there.
Perfect directions, we had the best time ever!! Thanks for your help.
Unread 05-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
turbospartan
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagnani View Post
Perfect directions, we had the best time ever!! Thanks for your help.

Are those "paid" camping spots, or designated even? Or do you just camp wherever you want to?

Trying to do something this weekend (very late to start planning, I know) - but thinking that with the holiday weekend I might be screwed.

Thoughts?
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
YJ475
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the late response. You just camp wherever you want to, with no fees. I believe it's called "dry camping" around here. Where I grew up (Northwest), it was called car camping.
YJ475 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.