Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Favorite Campsites in Moab

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  -sean- 
#1 ·
Do you have a favorite place to camp in Moab? I'd love to hear your opinions and see a picture or two. I got a lot of responses to the favorite trails post, so let's see where you stay. I will be out in Moab the first week in May. We will be tenting.

Also, just wondering what you typically do when you go. Do you stay at the same one for several days or do you go to different campsites?

#3 ·
I always "camp" at the Redstone Inn, which is almost next door to Canyonlands Campground (there's a gas station/mini mart in between them). Some of our Grand Slam West group have stayed there, and I think they liked it. Seems like a good campground when I've been there. Best thing is it's central location to town - Moab brewery is right across the street, so you can just walk over, eat, drink and be merry, and stumble back to the campground. Also, City Market is just up the street.

#4 ·
The only bad thing about staying in campgrounds is you can't have a campfire. The camp grounds in and around town are convenient as you can walk to dinner or the grocery store. But if this isn't a priority there are quite a few primitive sits along the river. Plus you can have campfires at these sites.

#6 ·
Rusty are you wanting advice on campgrounds or primitive campsites...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.