Fathers day get together - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Fathers day get together

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

Fathers day get together

Hey guys, with fathers day coming up I'm trying to think of what to do for my dad. I would really love to get a big group together and go hit a trail somewhere. My dad loves Jeeps and would have an absolute blast getting together with a group of guys and going for a drive. I wouldn't really want it to be anything hard, I know my definition of hard is different haha cause I was told Mineral Basin was easy and I **** my pants a few times doing that one. I want it to be something simple so I could maybe let my dad drive. Ideally a nice scenic trail drive and have a nice lunch at the top or whatever, yeah yeah I know that sounds lame I just know my dad would absolutely love to do something like that I just don't want to do anything that would be hard cause I want to let him drive. Please help me out guys, let's get a big group together get a nice scenic trail to run and have a nice bug lunch at the top and have a good time. If we could organize this soon that would be great so I can know if I need to get work off or not.
Thank you guys! hopefully we can get something good together!

ralph_801 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

From SLC, go to the B in Bountiful and drive to Farmington (if it is open). It isnt that far from SLC, is scenic, and you could possibly get folks to meet you and do it. It is just a dirt road, so there isn't much easier.
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
justin credible
2012 JK Wrangler 

As of last weekend Skyline drive (the crossover road from Bountiful to Farmington) is still closed.

There's still plenty of fun to be had up there though.
justin credible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

There is the trail in AF canyon that goes up to the old mine. Up at the top is a nice area near an old gravesite with a good view you could eat at and turn around. Last year i ran it a few times and it is a mild trail. If its muddy it may take some wheel spin in areas.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Us_against_one
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_801
Hey guys, with fathers day coming up I'm trying to think of what to do for my dad. I would really love to get a big group together and go hit a trail somewhere. My dad loves Jeeps and would have an absolute blast getting together with a group of guys and going for a drive. I wouldn't really want it to be anything hard, I know my definition of hard is different haha cause I was told Mineral Basin was easy and I **** my pants a few times doing that one. I want it to be something simple so I could maybe let my dad drive. Ideally a nice scenic trail drive and have a nice lunch at the top or whatever, yeah yeah I know that sounds lame I just know my dad would absolutely love to do something like that I just don't want to do anything that would be hard cause I want to let him drive. Please help me out guys, let's get a big group together get a nice scenic trail to run and have a nice bug lunch at the top and have a good time. If we could organize this soon that would be great so I can know if I need to get work off or not.
Thank you guys! hopefully we can get something good together!
I'm interested
Us_against_one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

so far it's not looking so good, my work isn't being awesome about letting me have it off
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Are you planning on doing this on fathers day(sunday), saturday, or friday? or some other day?
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have no idea anymore haha I wanted to go on Fathers day but I couldn't get work off so now I don't know what the heck I want to do

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.