JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Utah Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f319/)
-   -   Fathers day get together (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f319/fathers-day-get-together-1535414/)

ralph_801 06-11-2013 11:24 PM

Fathers day get together

Hey guys, with fathers day coming up I'm trying to think of what to do for my dad. I would really love to get a big group together and go hit a trail somewhere. My dad loves Jeeps and would have an absolute blast getting together with a group of guys and going for a drive. I wouldn't really want it to be anything hard, I know my definition of hard is different haha cause I was told Mineral Basin was easy and I **** my pants a few times doing that one. I want it to be something simple so I could maybe let my dad drive. Ideally a nice scenic trail drive and have a nice lunch at the top or whatever, yeah yeah I know that sounds lame I just know my dad would absolutely love to do something like that I just don't want to do anything that would be hard cause I want to let him drive. Please help me out guys, let's get a big group together get a nice scenic trail to run and have a nice bug lunch at the top and have a good time. If we could organize this soon that would be great so I can know if I need to get work off or not.
Thank you guys! hopefully we can get something good together!

Moab_cj5 06-12-2013 01:46 PM

From SLC, go to the B in Bountiful and drive to Farmington (if it is open). It isnt that far from SLC, is scenic, and you could possibly get folks to meet you and do it. It is just a dirt road, so there isn't much easier.

justin credible 06-12-2013 01:55 PM

As of last weekend Skyline drive (the crossover road from Bountiful to Farmington) is still closed.

There's still plenty of fun to be had up there though.

team1k 06-12-2013 04:11 PM

There is the trail in AF canyon that goes up to the old mine. Up at the top is a nice area near an old gravesite with a good view you could eat at and turn around. Last year i ran it a few times and it is a mild trail. If its muddy it may take some wheel spin in areas.

Us_against_one 06-12-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralph_801
Hey guys, with fathers day coming up I'm trying to think of what to do for my dad. I would really love to get a big group together and go hit a trail somewhere. My dad loves Jeeps and would have an absolute blast getting together with a group of guys and going for a drive. I wouldn't really want it to be anything hard, I know my definition of hard is different haha cause I was told Mineral Basin was easy and I **** my pants a few times doing that one. I want it to be something simple so I could maybe let my dad drive. Ideally a nice scenic trail drive and have a nice lunch at the top or whatever, yeah yeah I know that sounds lame I just know my dad would absolutely love to do something like that I just don't want to do anything that would be hard cause I want to let him drive. Please help me out guys, let's get a big group together get a nice scenic trail to run and have a nice bug lunch at the top and have a good time. If we could organize this soon that would be great so I can know if I need to get work off or not.
Thank you guys! hopefully we can get something good together!

I'm interested

ralph_801 06-12-2013 10:23 PM

so far it's not looking so good, my work isn't being awesome about letting me have it off

team1k 06-12-2013 11:07 PM

Are you planning on doing this on fathers day(sunday), saturday, or friday? or some other day?

ralph_801 06-12-2013 11:24 PM

I have no idea anymore haha I wanted to go on Fathers day but I couldn't get work off so now I don't know what the heck I want to do

The time now is 12:42 AM.