Ejs 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Ejs 2013

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ejs 2013

I know it's a long ways away, but I WILL go this year before my deployment. Anyone already have plans set up?

This will be my first year, any pointers for a newbie?

Unread 11-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I am thinking about it, not sure yet though.

1- Pay and Register for trails if you want to run during the day. RR4W has many of the trails locked down for themselves until night. I don't mind, they do great work and are advocates for our sport.

2- Get a room now, they will be gone soon if they are not already

3- Buy the Moab trail book by Charles Wells if you don't have it already, it will help you decide which trails you want to run
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

As of right now, I am not sure if I will go or not. Maybe just take a day trip and go watch some other people. I am saving for GSW

As fas as hotels: when I went this year, I was not planning on staying the night but changed my mind and got a room with no problem. not sure if it will be the same case next year though.

Edit: who are you deploying with? are you National Guard?
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

First... YOUR JEEP WILL SEEM SMALL! I don't care how big your Jeep is, there is one still bigger. Even bigger than Braden's, even if you thought that was impossible... Rattletrap comes to mind.

Support the club any way you can down there, they do tons of work to maintain the trails and keep them open.

The places I've stayed start taking reservations late December, early January, and they go quick.

Make sure to visit the vendor show, they have great deals on parts. Just last year Dana Spicer gave me 2 brand new ujoints just for talking to them, and I saved hundreds on my sweet 9.5CTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbear View Post
Destroyed it somehow..... It went wobble wobble wobble boom
Tuffjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in!
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ

Edit: who are you deploying with? are you National Guard?
I'm deploying by myself. AF still doesn't get the deployment concept haha. For obvious reasons I won't say where to or when online, but I will be going as medical logistics support for med evac missons. It should be a blast.
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the tips guys! And of course as soon as I tell my wife I'm making these plans she reminds me that we have her family coming town possibly that week!! Arggghhh. I'll nail down those plans first and plan from there. If I don't make it down there for EJS. Ill make a few trips before and after haha.
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnbar View Post
I'm deploying by myself. AF still doesn't get the deployment concept haha. For obvious reasons I won't say where to or when online, but I will be going as medical logistics support for med evac missons. It should be a blast.
They're reinventing it again. Apparently they realized the way they did it for 50 years before the AEF idea worked better (shocking).
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I reserved my room in july. I havent registered for my big saturday trail yet, but ill get around to it.... i hope.

One pointer. Only do trails you know your rig is very capable of doing. It is very busy out there during EJS and is usually bumper to bumper especially on saturday. If you break, everyone has to wait. Ive been stuck on trails for hours and hours waiting for them to limp the guy out who either broke at the most in opportune time, or waited for some guy up there to be winched and or spotted over everything.
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would like to go just to see all the different Jeeps and vendors there. As cool as it would be to wheel with a big group I would rather go there myself and hook up with a few others.

We will probably go sometime after EJS like we did this year. My parents are moving to CO at the end of the month and my dad and I have talked about meeting in Moab for some family time and some wheeling.
Unread 12-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

If your just wanting to see the festivities make sure u are there AT LEAST for Saturday. To hit up the Vendors, like Justin said, at the rodeo arena. And then go sit at Potato Salad and watch everyone rock the hill
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #12
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's all I would do. Not sure how my schedule will be that far out though.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.