EASTER JEEP SAFARI: April 16th - 24th, 2011 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > EASTER JEEP SAFARI: April 16th - 24th, 2011

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
Heliparker
2004 TJ Wrangler 

EASTER JEEP SAFARI: April 16th - 24th, 2011

I live in FL and Im looking to make a road trip to Moab Utah for the Jeep Safari next year. Im trying to find out if anyone has been apart of this trip with the Red Rock 4-Wheelers INC? From what my research shows this looks like great fun and a great group to go with! Any info or tips would be great. Thanks Guys!!

Unread 09-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm doing it next year first time... a buddy of mine does it every year... he told me to go to Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc.- RR4W- Moab, Utah
and register you will receive a newspaper with all the details.... The best info he told me was " you better tow your rig up there incase you break something" and since its going to be your first time up there dont do anything higher then class 5 trails... that site has great info along with youtube.com videos

Irish "Hookem"
IrishLillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Heliparker
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLillard View Post
I'm doing it next year first time... a buddy of mine does it every year... he told me to go to Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc.- RR4W- Moab, Utah
and register you will receive a newspaper with all the details.... The best info he told me was " you better tow your rig up there incase you break something" and since its going to be your first time up there dont do anything higher then class 5 trails... that site has great info along with youtube.com videos

Yeah I have been checking out their web site and have already registered to get the newspaper!!! Thanks for the info... I will be towing my Jeep but damn thats going to be a long drive!! But a great road trip!!!
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
elephantrider
2005 LJ Wrangler 

its a great road trip and an even better experience
making it out to ejs. if you get out there, you can
always hook up with another group. its worth the
trip, moab is awesomeness.
elephantrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

+2 on that one buddy... plus you get to travel thu some pretty country.. and it will be all worth it when were all out there..,.

Irish "Hookem"
IrishLillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
Heliparker
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info guys!!! Its going to be a long drive for me (2,300 miles one way) but I know it will be worth it!!!!! Any other info like places to stay and things that are a must see ect.....would be great!!!
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
elephantrider
2005 LJ Wrangler 

if you dont do anything else, be sure to do the two
day white rim trail. you get a good taste of all
things moab on that trail. awesome switch backs,
some decent crawling in spots and some ridiculously
beautiful scenery. we got our camping permit at
the island in the sky. on the way there we got sun,
rain, snow, then more sun LOL cant wait to get
back there !
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Roknut
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hells Revenge is a MUST do for the first time Moaber. Beautiful scenery (of course all trails in Moab are awesome) and all difficult obstacles have bypasses if you're not comfortable. It will give you good feel for what it's like to drive on slick rock. Despite the term, your tires will stick to slick rock like glue. It's amazing. With Moab only being about 5 hours away, I've been every year for the last 3 years. But never during EJS. I prefer less crowded times.
Unread 09-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
Heliparker
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roknut View Post
Hells Revenge is a MUST do for the first time Moaber. Beautiful scenery (of course all trails in Moab are awesome) and all difficult obstacles have bypasses if you're not comfortable. It will give you good feel for what it's like to drive on slick rock. Despite the term, your tires will stick to slick rock like glue. It's amazing. With Moab only being about 5 hours away, I've been every year for the last 3 years. But never during EJS. I prefer less crowded times.
i thought about not going during EJS but living so far away and not knowing anyone out there I have to go then cause #1 rule of wheeling is dont go by your self.... so Im stuck and I will be cool to see the whole event go down...
Unread 09-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
bigapplephx
2009 JK Wrangler 

Moab Easter Jeep Safari

I've done it for 4 years. Excellent event, well run, well organized....Beautiful trails, will be going again in 2011.
bigapplephx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #11
Roknut
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliparker View Post
i thought about not going during EJS but living so far away and not knowing anyone out there I have to go then cause #1 rule of wheeling is dont go by your self.... so Im stuck and I will be cool to see the whole event go down...
It's definetly smart not to go alone. I'll probably go one of these days just to see the vendors and stuff.

So how's Florida these days? I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and grew up in Boca. Moved to AZ 10 years ago and haven't been back since.
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
Yuri
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The wife mentioned tonight that we should go to EJS this year. We'll be driving the TJ from St. Louis... just me the wife and the 2 year-old. So the plan is to just do mild trails.

I do have a couple of questions:
I can't put that many miles on beadlocked Swampers... So would it be feasable to run Yokahama Geolander ATS's (my street tires) on the mild trails? Or would it be worth toting a trailer for the TSLs?

We stayed at the Super8 a few years ago, just passin' through on a family vacation... I checked the prices for that weekend... $255 a night! WOW! Is there a better option for lodging/camping??? We would only be wheelin' a couple days, and exploring the National Parks the rest of the time. But showers would be nice. What other options are there? Is everything that expensive?
Unread 10-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
Heliparker
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roknut View Post
It's definetly smart not to go alone. I'll probably go one of these days just to see the vendors and stuff.

So how's Florida these days? I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and grew up in Boca. Moved to AZ 10 years ago and haven't been back since.
flat and hot and lots of water...... no good for me and my Jeep....
Unread 10-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
elephantrider
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
I do have a couple of questions:
I can't put that many miles on beadlocked Swampers... So would it be feasable to run Yokahama Geolander ATS's (my street tires) on the mild trails? Or would it be worth toting a trailer for the TSLs?

We stayed at the Super8 a few years ago, just passin' through on a family vacation... I checked the prices for that weekend... $255 a night! WOW! Is there a better option for lodging/camping??? We would only be wheelin' a couple days, and exploring the National Parks the rest of the time. But showers would be nice. What other options are there? Is everything that expensive?
you can run the geolanders on the mild trails. red rock has super grip, so you can air em down a bit and they should do fine. not sure on the pricing, we camped on the white rim trail and at the local camp ground in a primative spot, so it wasnt too bad.
Unread 10-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #15
conifers4
2007 JK Wrangler 

The newspaper sent out by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers is fantastic btw. It's full of info about each trail, when it is run, ads for local shops, vendors, etc. It will really amp you up about attending.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.