Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4" - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #91
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
I like the idea too...What about after one of the vendor show days?
How about Thursday evening? Friday evening is the raffle at the arena.

Where?

Unread 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #92
kurtfriedrich
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just filled out my registration (thanks Dax for posting the jpg's.) I printed them out to the correct size, registered for Monday for (1) Fins and (2) 3D, wrote on top of both forms "I want to run with "Jeep Forum Jeepers". Wrote the $50 check, and its going to the post office tomorrow morning.

Cant wait, hope the weather is at least 1/2 as good or better than last year, which was perfect!

Kurt
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:22 AM   #93
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
Well I decided to keep the TJ. Rod at TNT is setting me up with their new front and rear stretch with the swaylock system. I get to be a guinni pig kinda I guess. LOL I think it should be a good setup. I got My Metal Cloak overline front fenders, with the 6" flares, their rock rail 6 way step system, bullet led's and rear 6" flares, and their aluminum front bumper with the mid Hoop ordered today, as well as the 3.5" TNT full Stretch with the Hi clearence belly skid ordered as well. Axles will have to wait till after Moab. I hope this stuff gets here in time to be installed before the trip. Dad we will have to get the shop ready this weekend for stripping her down and building her up. I can't wait.
Make sure you give yourself enough time for all of that! Don't get her ripped apart and not able to make the trip! Sounds like a great list of parts but it would be a shame to not have it ready for Moab. The other thing is that you will have lots of bugs to work out and you wouldn't want to be messing with crap while you are trying to enjoy Moab. My 2 cents. Im sure you know what you are doing and will look forward to seeing those parts installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post

Where?
Thursday works for me... How about the Brew Pup? Or were you all thinking of an outside area? Maybe Potato Salad Hill or out at Dax's property?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfriedrich View Post
I just filled out my registration (thanks Dax for posting the jpg's.) I printed them out to the correct size, registered for Monday for (1) Fins and (2) 3D, wrote on top of both forms "I want to run with "Jeep Forum Jeepers". Wrote the $50 check, and its going to the post office tomorrow morning.
Cant wait, hope the weather is at least 1/2 as good or better than last year, which was perfect!
Kurt
Hope they notice the "Jeep Forum Jeepers" notation... I think adding a separate piece of paper would be best to draw their attention.

I am hoping for good weather too. It was not bad last year (until the last day) but I am hoping for shorts weather like the year before last. This is what my last morning looked like last year.... I am used to snow - just not in Moab.

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #94
mryj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
Im sure you would be able to find a seat in someones rig if you wanted to tag along. I would check with Farabee's jeep rental first. Guy with our group last year rented from them and he was happy. My friend is renting A Rubicon for 3 days and I think he is paying $525 for everything.

Jeep Moab, Utah in a Farabee's Jeep

Look into it and let me know if you want to be added to our group. If you are wanting to rent and join in on the EJS group runs you will need to register too.
It would be great to be out with you guys out on the trails....
I have to talk to the people at Farabee´s about the insurance etc., I don´t know if my German insurance will cover this.
What days are the best to rent a Jeep?
If I´m driving with someone as co-driver do I have to register too?

@ Dax
Not too much progress yet....the only thing is that I have a good offer for the flight!! But thats the first step!
Unread 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #95
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryj View Post
It would be great to be out with you guys out on the trails....
I have to talk to the people at Farabee´s about the insurance etc., I don´t know if my German insurance will cover this.
What days are the best to rent a Jeep?
If I´m driving with someone as co-driver do I have to register too?

@ Dax
Not too much progress yet....the only thing is that I have a good offer for the flight!! But thats the first step!
Not sure what the best days to rent would be... depends on what trails you want to run... Perhaps Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday?

No, you don't have to register as a passenger - just the vehicle.
Unread 02-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #96
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Where?
I'm heading home Friday, so Thursday would be great for us.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #97
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Okay unless someone disagrees lets just plan on sending in our own with a separate piece of paper identifying yourself as a member of the "Jeep Forum Jeepers". Once someone takes the time to write something up lets share it here and then everyone can just copy it to be consistent.
Sounds good! I will try to throw something together as soon as I can... I have been really busy at work lately so it might not be till Sunday since tomorrow is another crazy day. In the meantime if someone want to give it a go be my guest.

Quote:
Nope, we were there right before EJS last year.
That's right, I couldn't remember.

Quote:
I like the idea too...What about after one of the vendor show days?

Where?

Thursday works for me... How about the Brew Pup? Or were you all thinking of an outside area? Maybe Potato Salad Hill or out at Dax's property?

I'm heading home Friday, so Thursday would be great for us.
Thursday sounds perfect. I would be up for whatever you guys want. Everybody always seems to like the Brewery, Zax's is good if we want pizza and beer. Potato Salad hill would also work or even my property like you said. We could have a camp fire and grill stuff if we wanted to at my place. The only thing I could see maybe being a problem about here is people who aren't running with us driving a half hour and finding my house just for a M&G but maybe they wouldn't mine. That would be fine if you guys want. What ever everyone wants to do.

Quote:
Well I decided to keep the TJ. Rod at TNT is setting me up with their new front and rear stretch with the swaylock system. I get to be a guinni pig kinda I guess. LOL I think it should be a good setup. I got My Metal Cloak overline front fenders, with the 6" flares, their rock rail 6 way step system, bullet led's and rear 6" flares, and their aluminum front bumper with the mid Hoop ordered today, as well as the 3.5" TNT full Stretch with the Hi clearence belly skid ordered as well. Axles will have to wait till after Moab. I hope this stuff gets here in time to be installed before the trip. Dad we will have to get the shop ready this weekend for stripping her down and building her up. I can't wait.
That's awesome! Its always fun getting a bunch of parts like that and installing them all! I will be looking forward to seeing her ready for action at EJS. Good luck with everything!

Quote:

Kurt
Glad to hear you got everything figured out Kurt! Now just sit back and count the days

Quote:
I am hoping for good weather too. It was not bad last year (until the last day) but I am hoping for shorts weather like the year before last. This is what my last morning looked like last year.... I am used to snow - just not in Moab.
Please no more of the white stuff!!!! There has been snow on the ground for the past 9 weeks here and it is really getting old. Let shorts and short sleeves be the norm all week

Quote:
@ Dax
Gotcha
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #98
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thumbs up

So how about a little M&G at the Moab Diner on Thursday evening.

Link: Moab Diner Moab Utah Best Green Chili in Utah

Great food, right in the middle of town and plenty of parking during the evening. It's right on Main St. so we can watch the evening cruise as it takes place.
Unread 02-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #99
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ill second Sean's motion, do we have a third? All in favor?

What time? 5:00?

We are running Steel Bender that day... The Wells book says this can be a long trip.... will need to be sure to start early so we are not late getting back.

Afterward, could be fun to head out to Potato Salad Hill? Thursday is also the first night of the vendor show too I think.. what time does that thing usually close?
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #100
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Link: Moab Diner Moab Utah Best Green Chili in Utah

Great food, right in the middle of town and plenty of parking during the evening. It's right on Main St. so we can watch the evening cruise as it takes place.
Yea, I'll third that. I miss Moab! Less than 2 months away.

Howdy
Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #101
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can't remember what time the vendor show ends but I do know I will need to be there until it does since I'm working it. I'm pretty sure it's "around" 5ish.
Lets try to get an idea of what time the vendor show ends and set out start time for around a half hour after that.
Unread 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #102
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I will forth that! Sounds like a good plan.

Quote:
We are running Steel Bender that day... The Wells book says this can be a long trip.... will need to be sure to start early so we are not late getting back.
Good Point

Quote:
Afterward, could be fun to head out to Potato Salad Hill? Thursday is also the first night of the vendor show too I think.. what time does that thing usually close?
Yeah Potato Salad hill is always fun. The only thing is I went there last Big Saturday and the police shut the place down at like 6:30. I don't know why they just don't leave everybody alone! I mean there is nothing there to mess up or anything like that.

Quote:
I can't remember what time the vendor show ends but I do know I will need to be there until it does since I'm working it. I'm pretty sure it's "around" 5ish.
Lets try to get an idea of what time the vendor show ends and set out start time for around a half hour after that.
According to the EJS newspaper the vendor show goes from 8:00AM to 8:00PM both Thursday and Friday.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #103
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
According to the EJS newspaper the vendor show goes from 8:00AM to 8:00PM both Thursday and Friday.
hhmmm, well I guess I will get over to the M&G as soon as I can. They must be putting lights up out side this year for those vendors that are set up in the parking lot.
Unread 02-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #104
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

I think I need a new transmission. My last wheeling trip out (2 weeks ago) my jeep stalled on me twice in 4 Low (it an Automatic.. WTF?). It also slipped out of 1st gear 4 or 5 times.

It only happened on extreme angles, but still, it happened.

I had it flushed and replaced the filter then tested it on a guy's private rock course near my house today and it did fine crawling over the boulders, but when it came time to climb a steeper obstacle, it slipped for a second, then went back into gear.

I was planning on adding either beadlocks or boatsides before EJS, but now I will be spending that money and much more on a #$%^@!#* transmission. It won't keep me from Moab, just takes a lot of the modding fun out of it.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #105
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So what are you going to put in it now?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.