Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4" - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4"

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #76
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfriedrich View Post
I think Trail Selection form says if we want to be in a group, we should regiester as a group -- which I think means we send all our forms and checks to one person, and they submit it as a batch. Idaho-Jeep, are you up for collection all the forms and checks and then submitting them? If so, post a mailing address.
Kurt
Yes I did see the stuff in there regarding group registrations. They also allow for groups to register individually but don't fully explain how (that I saw). I am fine with whatever everyone wants to do. If everyone wants to send me the registrations and checks I am happy to send it in for the group. Dax - what do you think?

Quote:
Also, speaking selfishly, I am a little concerned that whatever trail you select for Tuesday may be "owned"? by EJS, and we mayb spend the day going from trail entrance to trail entrance, only to find out we can't run it. I would be happy to pay the extra money and also register for a EJS trail on Tuesday, but treat it as a fall back. As in, we go to whatever trail you all decide on Tuesday morning, and if it is blocked, we then go to this safety valve trail we have registered for. But having never dealt with EJS, I could be all wet!
Kurt
Good question... Dax what do the non EJS trails look like on their days off? I will be registering for 3 EJS days already, not sure I want to spring for another.

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #77
kurtfriedrich
2008 JK Wrangler 

Originally Posted by kurtfriedrich
Also, speaking selfishly, I am a little concerned that whatever trail you select for Tuesday may be "owned"? by EJS, and we mayb spend the day going from trail entrance to trail entrance, only to find out we can't run it. I would be happy to pay the extra money and also register for a EJS trail on Tuesday, but treat it as a fall back. As in, we go to whatever trail you all decide on Tuesday morning, and if it is blocked, we then go to this safety valve trail we have registered for. But having never dealt with EJS, I could be all wet!

maybe I misunderstood your plans, if the non-EJS days you have picked are on trails that the EJS group are not using, then forget what I said. I assumed they were using all trails.

Kurt
Unread 02-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #78
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

maybe I misunderstood your plans, if the non-EJS days you have picked are on trails that the EJS group are not using, then forget what I said. I assumed they were using all trails.

Kurt
EJS does not use all the trails everyday with the possible exception of "BiG Saturday". So there are days where each trail is open to those not registered with EJS groups. Look over the first page of this thread and it shows which trails are being used by the group. I put the schedule of trails together with this in mind as we won't be allowed on trails being used by the EJS unless we are signed up for it.

You did bring up a good question (albeit by accident? ) how packed are the trails on the days EJS are not using them?
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #79
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

whatever you decide for trails is fine with me. This is my first trip to Moab and I just want to get on as many trails as I can while out there with good company like this.
I am busy ordering parts and wheeling and dealing on a possible trade of my TJ for an almost Identical LJ, except it has full doors and a hard top, plus 5000 more miles for about 4000 trade differance. Just not sure that is the route I want to go. It would save me stretching my TJ's wheel base. Do the LJ's get around as good as a TJ? Or is the departure angle that much of a differance?
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #80
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
whatever you decide for trails is fine with me. This is my first trip to Moab and I just want to get on as many trails as I can while out there with good company like this.
I am busy ordering parts and wheeling and dealing on a possible trade of my TJ for an almost Identical LJ, except it has full doors and a hard top, plus 5000 more miles for about 4000 trade differance. Just not sure that is the route I want to go. It would save me stretching my TJ's wheel base. Do the LJ's get around as good as a TJ? Or is the departure angle that much of a differance?
Sounds good - will be great getting to meet you and your Dad and hit the trails together. Wow- you might be trading rigs huh? LJs will do just fine that longer wheel base will be an advantage most of the time. I prefer the way a TJ looks over an LJ but thats just me. There is no question that a LJ gets around just as good as a comparable TJ. That longer wheelbase and extra storage would be a huge plus!

Also, I noticed from your profile that you have 4 kids.... I have 3 myself. Any of your youngins gonna make the trip to Moab with you? My two boys 11 & 14 will be with us but my 3 year old daughter will stay with Grandma. My boys will wanna dirt bike with some of their friends most days but will also hit a few trails with me in the Jeep. Sounds like we have a lot in common too - both my boys play a ton of hockey - they are each on several different teams so we are always going to practice and traveling all over the place for games. We also like to fish, hunt....etc...
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #81
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Our 14 and 12 year old sons will be with us. They sould have a blast together hopefully. LOL

I don't know what to do on the jeep. I like the looks of the TJ myself, but that extra room and wheelbase would be nice.
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #82
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Our 14 and 12 year old sons will be with us. They sould have a blast together hopefully. LOL

I don't know what to do on the jeep. I like the looks of the TJ myself, but that extra room and wheelbase would be nice.
Steve-

If I had my choice, I would go with the LJ purely for the wheelbase. I have been debating about buying a stock one and swapping over all of my crap, but my wife hates them.

She loves the TJ though, so if I keep her happy, she doesn't give me too much grief about my modding addiction.

Did you get my PM? Let me know if you didn't!
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #83
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Talking

Quote:
Do the LJ's get around as good as a TJ? Or is the departure angle that much of a differance?
NO and Yes

JMO of course but there is another option too.
Unread 02-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #84
ScorpionsXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Right on i finally sent in my papers today. Sounds like a good time!!!!
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:50 AM   #85
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dax are you sure it is ok for us to camp at your place? Just wanted to ask 1 more time before I give up my reservations.
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #86
mryj

Hi folks,

Im following this threat for several days and it all sounds great! I hope I can make the trip from Germany to the Easter Jeep Safari this year and meet you all...and hopefully there will be someone who can give me a place at the co driver seat...or in the back

@ Idaho-Jeep
What company is your friend renting the Jeep? Do you know something about the costs? Maybe I can get one for at least 2-3 days, that would be great!!
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #87
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryj View Post
Hi folks,

Im following this threat for several days and it all sounds great! I hope I can make the trip from Germany to the Easter Jeep Safari this year and meet you all...and hopefully there will be someone who can give me a place at the co driver seat...or in the back

@ Idaho-Jeep
What company is your friend renting the Jeep? Do you know something about the costs? Maybe I can get one for at least 2-3 days, that would be great!!
Im sure you would be able to find a seat in someones rig if you wanted to tag along. I would check with Farabee's jeep rental first. Guy with our group last year rented from them and he was happy. My friend is renting A Rubicon for 3 days and I think he is paying $525 for everything.

Jeep Moab, Utah in a Farabee's Jeep

Look into it and let me know if you want to be added to our group. If you are wanting to rent and join in on the EJS group runs you will need to register too.
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #88
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry I have been absent the past few days guys. They were really crazy at work.

Quote:
That sounds find but are we even going to register as a group or just singles and hope for the best?

If you think we should go in as a group then perhaps we all just include an extra sheet of paper saying to please consider the following people as a group for the following trails... Explain we are the "Jeep Forum Jeepers" group Then list the date, trail and names of the people who are going that particular day.

Not really sure how to go about doing a group...

Yes I did see the stuff in there regarding group registrations. They also allow for groups to register individually but don't fully explain how (that I saw). I am fine with whatever everyone wants to do. If everyone wants to send me the registrations and checks I am happy to send it in for the group. Dax - what do you think?
Yeah they basically say it is easier for them if all group registrations are sent together but they can be sent separately and we can instruct them to combine them if we want. They don't really elaborate on how to do that how ever. I figure if we did it that way, like you said just include a separate piece of paper with our group name. I figure if we say we are part of the Jeep Forum Jeepers and would like to run as part of this group for all the days on our trails selection sheet then they will figure it out. If everyone would rather send all the registrations to one person and do it that way I would volunteer to be that person as well. Although I think we would have to do it really soon if that was the route we wanted to take.

Quote:
Good question... Dax what do the non EJS trails look like on their days off? I will be registering for 3 EJS days already, not sure I want to spring for another.
To be honest I don't know any more than you. Last year when we ran our trails it was after EJS right? The only days I ran during EJS was as a part of EJS. The trails may be busy but I cant imagine they would be so busy that it would cause problems as far as running them. I think most people that don't run EJS don't come at the same time as EJS since the hotels and everything are so packed. So I think we will be OK. I could be wrong but that's my 2 cents.

Quote:
Awesome!

Quote:
Dax are you sure it is ok for us to camp at your place? Just wanted to ask 1 more time before I give up my reservations.
Yes I am 100% sure. Me and my parents are expecting to have a bunch of people camping here during EJS... you are more than welcome.

Quote:
Hi folks,

@ Idaho-Jeep
Hey Enzo... hows the trip planning going? Did Farabee's get back to you with that quote yet?

Quote:
Right on i finally sent in my papers today. Sounds like a good time!!!!
Nice scorpionns551! What trails on what days did you ask for? Hopefully we will run into each other. I also really like Sean's idea of everyone getting together some night just to meet everyone even if we don't run together. Kind of like a Jeep Forum meet and greet. We should set a day for that and have a round of beers together
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #89
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post

Yeah they basically say it is easier for them if all group registrations are sent together but they can be sent separately and we can instruct them to combine them if we want. They don't really elaborate on how to do that how ever. I figure if we did it that way, like you said just include a separate piece of paper with our group name. I figure if we say we are part of the Jeep Forum Jeepers and would like to run as part of this group for all the days on our trails selection sheet then they will figure it out. If everyone would rather send all the registrations to one person and do it that way I would volunteer to be that person as well. Although I think we would have to do it really soon if that was the route we wanted to take.
Okay unless someone disagrees lets just plan on sending in our own with a separate piece of paper identifying yourself as a member of the "Jeep Forum Jeepers". Once someone takes the time to write something up lets share it here and then everyone can just copy it to be consistent.

Quote:
Last year when we ran our trails it was after EJS right?
Nope, we were there right before EJS last year.

Quote:
I also really like Sean's idea of everyone getting together some night just to meet everyone even if we don't run together. Kind of like a Jeep Forum meet and greet. We should set a day for that and have a round of beers together
I like the idea too...What about after one of the vendor show days?
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #90
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well I decided to keep the TJ. Rod at TNT is setting me up with their new front and rear stretch with the swaylock system. I get to be a guinni pig kinda I guess. LOL I think it should be a good setup. I got My Metal Cloak overline front fenders, with the 6" flares, their rock rail 6 way step system, bullet led's and rear 6" flares, and their aluminum front bumper with the mid Hoop ordered today, as well as the 3.5" TNT full Stretch with the Hi clearence belly skid ordered as well. Axles will have to wait till after Moab. I hope this stuff gets here in time to be installed before the trip. Dad we will have to get the shop ready this weekend for stripping her down and building her up. I can't wait.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.