Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4" - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4"

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #61
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
Yeah that would be cool if you joined us REDLYNER! What days are you running as part of EJS? I think Jevon was shooting for PSM on Monday with our own group not part of EJS. Also there are rumors flying around of maybe hitting Moab Rim or Golden Spike in our own groups at some point. Some of us may not be up to it but I would be down if anyone is considering either.
My wife and I have a goal of running the top 10 hardest trails as rated by the Wells Guide. So far we have done 6 of them. I submitted for the remaining four:

Sunday: Metal Masher
Monday: Flat Iron Mesa
Tuesday: Moab Rim
Wednesday: open...
Thursday: Behind the Rocks
Friday: open... (but would need to be off trail by like 11:00am- headed back to the East Coast)

I honestly don't care if I am with the masses of EJS on all runs, it would be just as much or more fun to run those trails with the JF crew as well. I have Pritchett as my second choice on a couple of those days, and while I love the trail, I hate the 15 mile dirt road drive out. So if I get it it, I could trade it for a JF run too.

I guess I am waiting to see what trails I get picked for. That will let me know what days I have free to play around. I know my wife wants to get in one or two with her H3 and I didn't want it to be with 40 other jeeps.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #62
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So my friend (Steve from Idaho) is renting a Rubicon Mon.- Wed.

Says the rental place says he can't do Kane Creek... Any idea why? He is also wanting to be careful about hitting anything to tough as this is his first time doing much crawling.

So after talking to him I was thinking about making a little change to the first few days.

Dax, Kurt, Missouri Steves - would you be okay with:

27th (SAT)
7 mile rim with EJS group

28th (SUN)
Dome Plateau

29th (MON)
Fins with EJS group

30th (TUE)
Flat Iron Mesa

31st (WED)
Poison Spider Mesa

1st (THUR)
Steel bender

2nd (FRI)
Rose Garden hill

3rd (SAT)
Tip toe Behind the rocks with EJS group

Perhaps if you don't want to hit those first few trails you could meet up with Sean or Redlyner for something more difficult. Starting easy is best for me since it will ease my wife into things and also be good for my friend... Kurt - would you be good with hinning fins & things on that Monday? You would have to register for the group run.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #63
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post

31st (WED)
Poison Spider Mesa

Perhaps if you don't want to hit those first few trails you could meet up with Sean or Redlyner for something more difficult.

The 31st would be perfect for me and the wife to run Poison Spider if our trail requests work out.

Also, if I don't get my first choices, then I would be open to run any of the difficult trails the first part of the week if people are up for it.
Unread 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #64
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I guess I am waiting to see what trails I get picked for. That will let me know what days I have free to play around. I know my wife wants to get in one or two with her H3 and I didn't want it to be with 40 other jeeps.
Gotcha...sounds good.

Quote:
Says the rental place says he can't do Kane Creek... Any idea why?
Well it depends on which company it is. If its Farabee's its probably due to all the water crossings and the fact that they can get pretty deep in the spring. We were in there a few years ago and a jeep a guy had rented was getting towed back. We asked what happened and they said he ran it through some deep water and blew the motor. I think after that Farabees's has been a little apprehensive with letting people run trails they know have deep water on them.

Quote:
Dax, Kurt, Missouri Steves - would you be okay with:....
That seems OK with me. If that line up holds till we send in our registrations then the only thing I may skip in the first EJS run of 7 Mile. Its a fun trail but I have ran it quite a bit and I am kinda strapped at the moment on cash due to lifting the jeep. I didn't really want to run more than 2 EJS days anyway so I may leave that one open to maybe hit something else for free. Also it seems like running PSM on Wed is working out well for everyone so that sounds good. I would say skip the loop on PSM and hit the big three but if you friend is going to be there in a rental jeep and he hasn't done much much wheelin Golden Spike would be a bad idea. So sticking to what you are planning is the best.

Quote:
Also, if I don't get my first choices, then I would be open to run any of the difficult trails the first part of the week if people are up for it.
Sounds good... we will see what trails we both end up with and go from there.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #65
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Okay I updated the 2nd post to this thread. Let me know who is in and who is out for the given days. I think I have everyone down right. Need to hear back from Kurt to see if he wants to register for that Fins run on Monday.

Will hold off to register until next Monday.
Unread 02-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #66
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Okay I updated the 2nd post to this thread. Let me know who is in and who is out for the given days. I think I have everyone down right. Need to hear back from Kurt to see if he wants to register for that Fins run on Monday.

Hey Idaho-Jeep count me in, I'm just taggen along anyway. Glad to be wheel en with you guys. Saving $$$ and haven a BLAST, it can't get any better than that. Wait a minute, running with a H3 AND driven by a lady, now you can't top that.

Howdy
Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #67
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

You are correct for me Jevon... every day but the first Sat. I would consider Sat if the EJS people would let us mess around on Wipeout Hill but they wont. Sending in our registrations on Monday Sounds good. Is the name Jeep Forum Jeepers final for a group name?

Quote:
Saving $$$ and haven a BLAST, it can't get any better than that. Wait a minute, running with a H3 AND driven by a lady, now you can't top that.
Haha yeah! I was running with a guy who drove his wife's H3 last year. It was funny, by the end of the week all the step bars were all bent up and the body was dented. Needless to say she wasn't to happy with him. Also I forgot to mention to everyone I will probably be spending a lot of evenings during EJS at Potato Salad Hill watching the antics as long as the d@mn cops don't shut it down early like they did a few times last year. So if anyone wants to come say hello that's where I will be.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 02-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #68
kurtfriedrich
2008 JK Wrangler 

sound good, I just don't know how to register for monday?
Unread 02-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #69
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
Wait a minute, running with a H3 AND driven by a lady, now you can't top that.

She wanted a Moab sticker on the H3 and I told she had to earn it. So a couple of months later we headed out there and she ran Hell's Revenge and did awesome! We bought a MOAB sticker on the way out of town and she put it on in the parking lot . I'm pretty sure she grinned the whole way home.

On a side note- the wife is pretty good behind the camera, so hopefully we can get some sharp pictures of everyone's rigs.

-Jay

Couple of her Moab shots I liked:

Unread 02-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #70
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
She wanted a Moab sticker on the H3 and I told she had to earn it. So a couple of months later we headed out there and she ran Hell's Revenge and did awesome! We bought a MOAB sticker on the way out of town and she put it on in the parking lot . I'm pretty sure she grinned the whole way home.
That's awesome! Sounds like you are a lucky man to have such a cool wife. Also sweet pics! If that first one was a little to the right our cabin would be in it. Was that taken from Porcupine Rim? Its always nice having someone that's good behind the camera around during wheelin trips

Quote:
Well luckily Red Rock Finally got the EJS Paper for this year online! Here is a link. They explain the whole registration process on page 47.
Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc.- RR4W- Moab, Utah

Acquiring the registration forum is a little harder since the only place they are available is in the paper. Its obviously to late for you to sign up on the mailing list and receive the paper so this is the next best thing. Here are links to the registration forum that I scanned out of the paper.

Registration Page 1

Registration Page 2

The only thing is the size cannot be changed or the registration is not valid. When I host these anywhere online they automatically change the size so for these to work you have to re size them to 6.5" wide x 8.9" high before printing. Or you can give me your email address and I will email you the correct size pics so all you have to do is print them and fill them out. I hope this helps Kurt!

*edit*
They also have link on the paper page online to the Registration Forum and Trail Preference pages. When you print them out though they seem to be a lot smaller. It says on the registration photocopies are OK if not enlarged so maybe they are OK if smaller but I am not sure.
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #71
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dad do you still have the photocopy's I made for you? If so maybe you could overnight them to Kurt. I know they are the right size.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #72
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfriedrich View Post
Kurt, I sent you a PM with all the info. Dax's post here should be helpful too. I suggest you just print off the registration and trail preference pages and then verify they are the correct sizes. You have over a week to do this so not a huge rush. Need to be sure they have it by the 16th though.
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #73
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
Hey Idaho-Jeep count me in, I'm just taggen along anyway. Glad to be wheel en with you guys. Saving $$$ and haven a BLAST, it can't get any better than that. Wait a minute, running with a H3 AND driven by a lady, now you can't top that.

Howdy
Sr. Missouri Steve (AKA Howdy )

Okay I assume you mean to get rid of the "?" I had for you guys on the first couple days?. So if I understand you guys will be hitting every trail I have listed then.

Check post numer 2 of this thread and let me know if I have something wrong.
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #74
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
Is the name Jeep Forum Jeepers final for a group name? .
That sounds find but are we even going to register as a group or just singles and hope for the best?

If you think we should go in as a group then perhaps we all just include an extra sheet of paper saying to please consider the following people as a group for the following trails... Explain we are the "Jeep Forum Jeepers" group Then list the date, trail and names of the people who are going that particular day.

Not really sure how to go about doing a group...
Unread 02-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #75
kurtfriedrich
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That sounds find but are we even going to register as a group or just singles and hope for the best?

If you think we should go in as a group then perhaps we all just include an extra sheet of paper saying to please consider the following people as a group for the following trails... Explain we are the "Jeep Forum Jeepers" group Then list the date, trail and names of the people who are going that particular day.

Not really sure how to go about doing a group...
I think Trail Selection form says if we want to be in a group, we should regiester as a group -- which I think means we send all our forms and checks to one person, and they submit it as a batch. Idaho-Jeep, are you up for collection all the forms and checks and then submitting them? If so, post a mailing address.

----------------------

Also, speaking selfishly, I am a little concerned that whatever trail you select for Tuesday may be "owned"? by EJS, and we mayb spend the day going from trail entrance to trail entrance, only to find out we can't run it. I would be happy to pay the extra money and also register for a EJS trail on Tuesday, but treat it as a fall back. As in, we go to whatever trail you all decide on Tuesday morning, and if it is blocked, we then go to this safety valve trail we have registered for. But having never dealt with EJS, I could be all wet!

Kurt

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.