Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4" - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4"

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #46
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

how stock is stock? 3.73s on 31s?

Even with that set up you will be able to do most everything we have planed. You might use your skid more than the rest of us but I think you will be able to still do most if not all the trails we have planned.

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #47
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I will have new tires by then. Mine are pretty well used up. Was just trying to wait until I lifted the jeep and put on new fenders before buying new tires. I was more worried about not having lockers for the front or rear. I guess I could always bring the wifes Commander.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #48
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't worry to much about lockers... I am locked front and rear and only used the lockers a few times last year in Moab.. Others I was with (Dax for example I don't think has lockers) didn't have lockers and did just fine.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #49
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
We have wood stoves that go in the tents to keep them warm. No chance of grass fires.
Sounds good! We have a fire pit in back of the cabin so we could always all hang around that if we want to have a camp fire.
Quote:
Im not sure about Moab Rim - but then I could always skip it if I wanted to. Since my wife & boys will be with me a day off to go hiking or dirt bike riding would probably be a good move. Ill let the group decide.... do you guys want me to adjust the schedule and replace one of the tails guys?
I don't care either way. I will be more than happy to run it but wont care if we don't... what ever everyone else wants to do.
Quote:
how stock is stock? 3.73s on 31s?

Even with that set up you will be able to do most everything we have planed. You might use your skid more than the rest of us but I think you will be able to still do most if not all the trails we have planned.
will have new tires by then. Mine are pretty well used up. Was just trying to wait until I lifted the jeep and put on new fenders before buying new tires. I was more worried about not having lockers for the front or rear. I guess I could always bring the wifes Commander.
I wouldn't worry to much about lockers... I am locked front and rear and only used the lockers a few times last year in Moab.. Others I was with (Dax for example I don't think has lockers) didn't have lockers and did just fine.
Yeah I am running open diffs. Jevon is correct... you shouldn't have to much trouble with any of the trails. If you do we just have to stack some rocks, no big deal. Lockers are over rated! Well lets put it this way everything we are planning to do including if we decide to do Moab Rim I will be doing without lockers. So if you get into trouble I will be in the same boat with ya

Quote:
I guess I could always bring the wife's Commander.
Don't do it! I wheeled with a guy at EJS last year that took his wife's hummer... it didn't turn out well by the end. Of coarse a Commander will do much better than a hummer but its just the fact that its your wife's vehicle lol
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #50
pielet97
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just found this thread! I've been to Moab once with my Jeep and it fills my dreams...

I sent my request in a week ago but requested Hell's Revenge and Golden Spike on 3/29 and 4/1.

I plan on spending the rest of time on a mountain bike.
Unread 02-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #51
B5B6D2TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

For what it's worth... I have done a few of the trails listed as "4" with no lockers... I have tried a couple of "5's" without and really struggled. I am certainly NOT an expert at picking a line; with a good spotter, you might be fine on the "5's..."

Most of my "open diff" driving was a Land Rover Discovery II with 31's and 3" of lift.

I have also done many of the "3's" in a stock TJ with 30's... dragged itself over most anything and did fine.

... just my $0.02.
B5B6D2TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #52
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

To add to the above...
I have done Hell's Revenge and Moab Rim in a stock LJ (non-Rubicon) w/o issue.
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #53
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hope to meet up with some of you guys out there!

I mailed my trail requests last week and am anxiously waiting to see what trails I get. I submitted for:

Metal Masher
Behind the Rocks
Moab Rim
Flat Iron Mesa

-With Pritchett as my back up if I don't get a certain day. My wife is bringing her built up H3 and we are planning on doing our own thing like on Poison Spider or Hells Revenge. I would love to run with you guys on some or all of those.

We also looked at hotels last week, but didn't reserve, went to reserve today and they doubled in price!
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #54
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Keep up on the CO4X4 thread too, hopefully we can hook up. Where in HR did you live? I'm at Wildcat & University.
Unread 02-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #55
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
Keep up on the CO4X4 thread too, hopefully we can hook up. Where in HR did you live? I'm at Wildcat & University.
I'm surprised we never wheeled together. I ran 60+ trails while I was in Colorado and about half of those were CO4x4 runs.

I lived right off of S. Quebec and University. We used to close down Lodo's by Circuit City- I've never seen so many cougars in my life .

We are driving 2,000 miles each way for this event. Needless to say, we are fired up.

Unread 02-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #56
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

redlyner did you reserve a room yet? If so what was the price? I have a room reserved from march 26th till April 5th that I will probably be cancling since I am going to take Cliff up on his offer. If my price is cheeper than what you got we can work something out so you could have it. PM me if you are interested. I just have to give 2 weeks notice to cancle, but I thought I would hold onto it till then incase another JF member couldn't get a room.

When are you heading out? Maybe you could join our little carivan from Missouri on out.
Unread 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #57
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post

When are you heading out? Maybe you could join our little carivan from Missouri on out.
PM sent!

I would love to caravan, but we are going to take the Southern route instead of driving north then through Kansas. My wife hates that 900 mile stretch (I have driven cross country 6 or 7 times now), so we are going from NC down to Birmingham, AL, then across most of the South into Texas/New Mexico, to the Arizona border, then up to Moab.

Believe it or not, it only adds an hour or so to the trip and is 1000 times more scenic. Plus, I don't have to deal with Vail Pass and the 12,500 ft weather.

Unread 02-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #58
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
I'm surprised we never wheeled together. I ran 60+ trails while I was in Colorado and about half of those were CO4x4 runs.

I lived right off of S. Quebec and University. We used to close down Lodo's by Circuit City- I've never seen so many cougars in my life .

We are driving 2,000 miles each way for this event. Needless to say, we are fired up.

We probably did wheel together and didn't even know it!
So we were about a mile away from each other... too funny. Lodo's=Cougarville, CO

Hopefully we get a JF M&G out of this thread too.

BTW everyone, I will be at the ROKMEN booth during the vendor show on thursday and friday so stop by and say hello!
Unread 02-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #59
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What is a JF M&G?
Unread 02-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #60
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep Forum meet and greet. That's is a good idea Sean! We should plan on doing that at some point. Maybe all get together for some beers or something.

Quote:
BTW everyone, I will be at the ROKMEN booth during the vendor show on thursday and friday so stop by and say hello!
Will do Sean... thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
I hope to meet up with some of you guys out there!

I mailed my trail requests last week and am anxiously waiting to see what trails I get. I submitted for:

Metal Masher
Behind the Rocks
Moab Rim
Flat Iron Mesa

-With Pritchett as my back up if I don't get a certain day. My wife is bringing her built up H3 and we are planning on doing our own thing like on Poison Spider or Hells Revenge. I would love to run with you guys on some or all of those.

We also looked at hotels last week, but didn't reserve, went to reserve today and they doubled in price!
Yeah that would be cool if you joined us REDLYNER! What days are you running as part of EJS? I think Jevon was shooting for PSM on Monday with our own group not part of EJS. Also there are rumors flying around of maybe hitting Moab Rim or Golden Spike in our own groups at some point. Some of us may not be up to it but I would be down if anyone is considering either.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.