Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #31
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Kurt: Dax explained that VERY well so I assume he cleared it all up for you. I have three days set to run with the EJS group (27th, 31st & 3rd). I purposely worked around the days you wanted to hit trails with us as I knew you did not want to register for EJS.

Name: If we decide to register as a group, lets go with "JF Jeepers" That is unique enough for our purposes. Seems to me that it would still be a good idea to register as a group since at the moment it doesn't look like we will have more than 5 or 6 rigs. If we don't register as a group one person might end up on a different trail. Thoughts? The EJS trails we have are also ones with large amounts of rigs allowed (50, 50 & 40) so I would think our chances would be good either way that we get what we want? If you all prefer to register as separate rigs, I am fine with that too.

Registration - check in: Thanks Dax, that clears it up for me. So they (Spanish Trail Arena) open up at 7AM and then we have to meet at the trail meeting point at 8AM on that first day. Hope that leaves enough time.

Sean: Obviously we (or at least I) won't be running Pritchett or Behind the Rocks but would you consider running one of the other trails with us? Perhaps Steel bender or Flat Iron Mesa?

I believe we have until Feb. 16th to get our registrations in so there is no need to send anything in till then. I figure I will send mine in around the first week of Feb.

I was wondering about the Friday night boy scout dinner & Vendor giveaway... Paper says it starts at 5:30. Sounds like fun and I wouldn't want to miss that. I was hoping to run Rose Garden Hill along with Top of the world that day. If we started early, do you guys think that would leave us enough time to get back into Moab by 5 ish? I have ran Top of the World before and think it took about 4 or so hours (depending on how much time is spent on top).

Counting down the days until this trip!

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #32
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jk 2007 JK unlimited rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
Yep that's correct. I really like the idea of doing it that way so people can join up to the deadline. It seems like it will be the easiest most hassle free way of doing it. As for a name I have no clue... The JFJ = Jeep Forum Jeepers lol

You select what trails you want and fill out the registration forum and mail that in. Then they hold the lottery to determine who runs what trail. They will then mail you a piece of paper with your confirmed trails on it and what days they are run etc. When you get to Moab go to the Spanish Trail Area (only open mornings from 7-9) and bring that registration confirmation paper that they mailed to you. You will then sign in and get your packet of stuff for the event which includes all needed info for the week, tickets to the raffle, a dash plaque, a flag and some other things. You must go do this before you show up to run your first trail run for the event.

Howdy Missouri steve! I as well am counting down the days till EJS I am looking forward to wheelin with you in two months! I am sure you will keep up and have a blast doing it. Is you JK stock or modded?
It's pretty well stock except for rock rash, and pin stripping from running woodland trails. Oh yea and 35's with 4'' tera flex lift and a winch , 4:88 gears.

Howdy
Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #33
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Name: If we decide to register as a group, lets go with "JF Jeepers" That is unique enough for our purposes. Seems to me that it would still be a good idea to register as a group since at the moment it doesn't look like we will have more than 5 or 6 rigs. If we don't register as a group one person might end up on a different trail. Thoughts? The EJS trails we have are also ones with large amounts of rigs allowed (50, 50 & 40) so I would think our chances would be good either way that we get what we want? If you all prefer to register as separate rigs, I am fine with that too.
Yeah I figure we might as well still register as a group. It's not hard to do and like Jevon says with our luck for some reason some poor soul will end up alone in a different group for no reason. Probably not but why not make sure. That is unless we get a lot more people between now and when we send in our registrations, then we maybe should re think it. But like Jevon I am okay if somebody wants to do it differently.

Quote:
Registration - check in: Thanks Dax, that clears it up for me. So they (Spanish Trail Arena) open up at 7AM and then we have to meet at the trail meeting point at 8AM on that first day. Hope that leaves enough time.
Yeah it does make you get up pretty early that morning and really be on the ball. I am not sure why they don't open the arena the day before EJS starts. It seems it would make things go smoother. One thing though all the trails depart at 9:00 AM except for a few really long ones. They say to get there 30 minutes before departure so that gives you an hour and half to get your stuff and get to your meeting place so it's not too bad. Plus they NEVER leave on time as far as starting the runs lol

Quote:
Sean: Obviously we (or at least I) won't be running Pritchett or Behind the Rocks but would you consider running one of the other trails with us? Perhaps Steel bender or Flat Iron Mesa?
Yeah those are a little over my head especially to run during EJS. Like Jevon said why don't you come run one or two easier ones with us wimps

Quote:
I believe we have until Feb. 16th to get our registrations in so there is no need to send anything in till then. I figure I will send mine in around the first week of Feb.
Yeah there is no advantage getting you registration in early as long as you get it there before the deadline. The only thing is if you mail it out last minute and there is a problem with the mailing then you may be out of luck.

Quote:
I was wondering about the Friday night boy scout dinner & Vendor giveaway... Paper says it starts at 5:30. Sounds like fun and I wouldn't want to miss that. I was hoping to run Rose Garden Hill along with Top of the world that day. If we started early, do you guys think that would leave us enough time to get back into Moab by 5 ish? I have ran Top of the World before and think it took about 4 or so hours (depending on how much time is spent on top).
Yeah you don't want to miss that especially the vendor giveaway. They give you tickets to it at the beginning of the week. They give away a TON of awesome parts. Unfortunately I missed it last year and was pretty disappointed when I heard about all the stuff they gave away. Some people register for one day of EJS just to be a part of that. We might be able to run both those trails and make it back if we get an early start. The one good thing is if worse comes to worst once we do Rose Garden you can either go straight out to the main road or take a left and run Top Of The World which is an out and back. So if we feel we can't make it and want to go to the vendor giveaway then we could always decide to skip TOTW and head back to town.

Quote:
It's pretty well stock except for rock rash, and pin stripping from running woodland trails. Oh yea and 35's with 4'' tera flex lift and a winch , 4:88 gears.

Howdy
And you are worried about keep up... you will probably be ahead of us
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #34
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah those are a little over my head especially to run during EJS. Like Jevon said why don't you come run one or two easier ones with us wimps
No problem, that's why I said that I would wait to see what happens with this thread. BTR & Pritchett are just a couple of my favorites. I will run any trail though, they are all a great time... even Chicken Corners!

As far as the Friday night festivities, you don't want to miss the raffle! Chances are really good you will win something.
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #35
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No problem, that's why I said that I would wait to see what happens with this thread. BTR & Pritchett are just a couple of my favorites. I will run any trail though, they are all a great time... even Chicken Corners!

As far as the Friday night festivities, you don't want to miss the raffle! Chances are really good you will win something.
Nice! I am looking forward to wheelin with ya. By the way your rig looks bad ***. I would like to run BHR and Pritchett, in fact I probably will sometime this year but when EJS rolls around I am just going to have finished my new lift and a few others things and I want to get a feel for them before I go out and do anything that hard. Yeah its hard to find a boring trail out here even if they are easy. I have done Chicken Corners 3 times in the past year though so I would rather not do that one again for a while LOL
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #36
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So how do you guys feel about Moab Rim? Another of my favorites and it is not difficult at all. I think the only reason it gets a high rating is "pucker factor". It's a very fun, scenic trail with some great photo op's and a little bit of everything thrown into one trail.
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #37
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
So how do you guys feel about Moab Rim? Another of my favorites and it is not difficult at all. I think the only reason it gets a high rating is "pucker factor". It's a very fun, scenic trail with some great photo op's and a little bit of everything thrown into one trail.
It is one I was considering, the only issue was which trail to get rid of and how it worked with the overall EJS schedule. The other thing is that some in the group (my friend Steve for example) will be driving a rental jeep and needs to keep damage to a minimum
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #38
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Camping

Cliff, are you serious about camping at your place? If you are sure about that, count me in. I''ll bring my Cabelas alaknak 12'x12' tent and wood stove. It could get pretty cold there at night.

Howdy
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #39
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Idaho-Jeep, I'm guess I'm too pumped up about wheeling in Moab, It's 2months and 1 week til we leave.
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #40
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
Cliff, are you serious about camping at your place? If you are sure about that, count me in. I''ll bring my Cabelas alaknak 12'x12' tent and wood stove. It could get pretty cold there at night.

Howdy
Did you clear that with Mom? We were kinda hoping you would get the hotel room and we would camp at Cliff's and shower at your room.

Moab Rim sounds fine to me.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #41
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
Did you clear that with Mom? We were kinda hoping you would get the hotel room and we would camp at Cliff's and shower at your room.

She said it was fine with her. I showed her the pictures Cliff posted and she thinks we are staying at his house. Wait til I put the tent up.

Howdy,
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #42
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I would be down for Moab Rim if you guys want to do it. The only really tougher spots are Devils Crack and The S turn. I have hiked it but not drove it.

Quote:
It is one I was considering, the only issue was which trail to get rid of and how it worked with the overall EJS schedule. The other thing is that some in the group (my friend Steve for example) will be driving a rental jeep and needs to keep damage to a minimum
Ehh if its Farabees it will be OK... remember Jason LOL

Quote:
Yes I am 100% Serious.... and yeah it can get real cold here at night so come prepared. Fires are fine with us, just keep them a reasonable size and be careful so we don't start a grass fire.

Quote:

She said it was fine with her. I showed her the pictures Cliff posted and she thinks we are staying at his house. Wait til I put the tent up.
Hahaha good one... sounds like something I would do.
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #43
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I would be down for Moab Rim if you guys want to do it. The only really tougher spots are Devils Crack and The S turn. I have hiked it but not drove it.
So what does everyone think about this.

[/QUOTE]Yes I am 100% Serious.... and yeah it can get real cold here at night so come prepared. Fires are fine with us, just keep them a reasonable size and be careful so we don't start a grass fire.[/QUOTE]

We have wood stoves that go in the tents to keep them warm. No chance of grass fires.

I would like to have my registration in the mail by the 12th. Does this sound like a good cut off date for having our final choices made? Or should we make it the 10th just to be on the safe side?

I know I can't wait!
Unread 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #44
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Id say lets go with the 10th... just to be safe.

Im not sure about Moab Rim - but then I could always skip it if I wanted to. Since my wife & boys will be with me a day off to go hiking or dirt bike riding would probably be a good move. Ill let the group decide.... do you guys want me to adjust the schedule and replace one of the tails guys?
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #45
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ok the 10th makes me feel better. As far as Moab Rim, I don't think I will be able to do it. It is looking like my jeep will be mostly stock for EJS. Infact I am not too sure what trails I will be able to do. I am pretty depressed at the moment. Hopefully I will know more by the 10th.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.