Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4"

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
I am liking the selection so far Jevon! Lets see if others have any input / suggestions.The only other 2 we were considering were Cliff Hanger & Golden Spike but if you don't want to do 7s then that eliminates Golden Spike. But we do have to have a good mix of easier and harder trails so I do really like your list. What does everyone else think?
We will be there the morning of the 26th. How about doing Golden Spike that afternoon?

Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jevon could you put Dad and I down for the trails that you have posted. We don't care which ones we do. We just want to get in as many as we can. I still can't talk him into Pritchert Canyon.
It is probably for the best. Now how do we put our EJS picks in as a group? I think you have made good choices in going from easier to harder trail.

By the way his name is Steve, and mine is Steve. Hope this doesn't get to confusing.
Unread 01-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #18
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
Jevon could you put Dad and I down for the trails that you have posted. We don't care which ones we do. We just want to get in as many as we can. I still can't talk him into Pritchert Canyon.
It is probably for the best. Now how do we put our EJS picks in as a group? I think you have made good choices in going from easier to harder trail.

By the way his name is Steve, and mine is Steve. Hope this doesn't get to confusing.
Im not sure how we register as a group - from what I read it just says to tell them we are part of a group when we register.... Dax, do you know? Perhaps we should have one person mail in all the registration paper work and payments together in the same envelope? How does everyone feel about my 2nd choices for EJS groups if we don't get our first choice?

Two more Steves? My buddy that will be renting a Jeep for 3 of the days is also named Steve. Lets go with Idaho Steve (rented JK), Missouri Steve Jr. (TJ), Missouri Steve Sr. (JK).

Last edited by Idaho-Jeep; 01-16-2010 at 10:49 AM..
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #19
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
We will be there the morning of the 26th. How about doing Golden Spike that afternoon?
I would like to do Golden Spike but I don't think it would be a good trail to start in the afternoon... this is quoted right out of the Guide to Moab, Utah Back Roads and 4-Wheel Drive Trails by Charles A Wells.
Quote:
Time and Distance
Golden Spike, by its self is just 7 miles However, you must add 5.1 miles for Poison Spider , 3.7 miles for Gold Bar Rim and 4.9 miles for Gemini Bridges Road. Most of the route is brutal, hardcore driving. Leave early and plan to get home late. With mechanical problems, it is not uncommon to get stuck overnight so plan accordingly.
Now Well's does tend to get a little overboard with the tougher ratings but I still think if we are going to do it we should get an early start.

Quote:
It is probably for the best.
What kind of rig do you have? lol Yeah it is probably for the best.
Quote:
Now how do we put our EJS picks in as a group? I think you have made good choices in going from easier to harder trail.

I'm not sure how we register as a group - from what I read it just says to tell them we are part of a group when we register.... Dax, do you know? Perhaps we should have one person mail in all the registration paper work and payments together in the same envelope? How does everyone feel about my 2nd choices for EJS groups if we don't get our first choice?
This is what it says in the news paper...

A group wishing to stay together will be drawn into the lottery as if it were a single application, and all members win and lose together. ( Note that large groups may be at a disadvantage, whatever the system. A group of 15, for example, cannot fit on a trail that has space for 10, so it must be considered for a trail of lower preference, unless you instruct us on how to split your group)
It is easier for us if all group registrations are in one envelope, but we can combine separate registrations if you instruct us to do that. Confirmations for a group submitted together will be sent to the person who sent the forums.
Quote:
Two more Steves? My buddy that will be renting a Jeep for 3 of the days is also named Steve. Lets go with Idaho Steve (rented JK), Missouri Steve Jr. (TJ), Missouri Steve Sr. (JK).
Haha three Steve's ohh my. My name is Dax by the way for anyone who doesn't know.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #20
Fourbycor
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Howdy everyone. I'll be there on Wednesday the 31st through Sunday. Couldn't miss EJS...this will be 11th in a row.

If anyone has questions about specific trails I'll try and answer if I can...we have run them all over the years and some change each year!

We always stay at Canyonlands Campground (across the street from the Moab Brewery & McDonalds) in our small 5th wheel. We used to sign up for a bunch or trails with the Red Rock group but recently will just do a Big Saturday Trail so we can get tickets for the vendor show giveaways (VERY worth it). Trails are marked very well but know that getting on some trails during EJS will be limited, difficult and crowded unless you are signed up with the group runs.

Area BFE (far south of town) has EXCELLENT trails and is a big rock crawling "park" for those looking for something outside the box. We spend a lot of time out there....it's a big "playground".

Pritchett, Spike, BTR, Moab Rim, etc...are really great trails and you need to get there and see them before you can judge them from what someone wrote in a paper. They are "tough" but depends on what you are used to running. Traction in Moab is the name of the game...vehicles can do amazing things since it's like driving on sandpaper....
'02 YellowTJ Sport, 5-speed, Custom 4-link/3-link, King Coilover's, GenRight stuff, 37" Nitto's on Raceline's, Tom Woods Shafts, ARB's, RCV Shafts, Reid Knuckles, 5.13's, PSC Hydro assist, Rock Hard Cage, Warn M8000, Teralow 4:1.
Proud member of the 2011 & 2012 Ultimate Adventure
Fourbycor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #21
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got my paper today

From reading through the registration information it looks like we can submit our registrations for a group run together or separate. I think because we all live in different areas it would be easiest to submit separately. We will need to add a note to each of our submissions that we are wanting to be considered as a group.

I think we need to name our group for the sake of this registration. Any ideas? Jeep Forum group? Doing it this way will also allow for people to join our group up to the Feb. 16th deadline and allow the rest of us to submit anytime.

The only thing I am still unclear about is #11 (how to register - pg. 47). When we arrive in Moab are we supposed to check in at the "Spanish Trail Arena"?
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The group name sounds good to me. The way I read #11 is that we should register as soon as posible. Before we show up for our first trail. So for Steve and I that would be Mar. 27th at 7am at the Spanish Trail Arena on South Highway 191.
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #23
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Howdy from the other Missouri steve. Just 2 months and 1 week from tonight and we leave for Moab. Can't wait to get there and play on the rocks. I sound like a kid waiting on recess to go out side and play. Anyway I want to say Hi to all of you.

P.S. Hope my JK can wheel with the TJ's.

Howdy

Last edited by Howdy; 01-21-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Got my paper today

From reading through the registration information it looks like we can submit our registrations for a group run together or separate. I think because we all live in different areas it would be easiest to submit separately. We will need to add a note to each of our submissions that we are wanting to be considered as a group.

I think we need to name our group for the sake of this registration. Any ideas? Jeep Forum group? Doing it this way will also allow for people to join our group up to the Feb. 16th deadline and allow the rest of us to submit anytime.
Yep that's correct. I really like the idea of doing it that way so people can join up to the deadline. It seems like it will be the easiest most hassle free way of doing it. As for a name I have no clue... The JFJ = Jeep Forum Jeepers lol

Quote:
The only thing I am still unclear about is #11 (how to register - pg. 47). When we arrive in Moab are we supposed to check in at the "Spanish Trail Arena"?
The group name sounds good to me. The way I read #11 is that we should register as soon as posible. Before we show up for our first trail. So for Steve and I that would be Mar. 27th at 7am at the Spanish Trail Arena on South Highway 191.
You select what trails you want and fill out the registration forum and mail that in. Then they hold the lottery to determine who runs what trail. They will then mail you a piece of paper with your confirmed trails on it and what days they are run etc. When you get to Moab go to the Spanish Trail Area (only open mornings from 7-9) and bring that registration confirmation paper that they mailed to you. You will then sign in and get your packet of stuff for the event which includes all needed info for the week, tickets to the raffle, a dash plaque, a flag and some other things. You must go do this before you show up to run your first trail run for the event.

Quote:
Howdy from the other Missouri steve. Just 2 months from tonight and we leave for Moab. Can't wait to get there and play on the rocks. I sound like a kid waiting on recess to go out side and play. Anyway I want to say Hi to all of you.

P.S. Hope my JK can wheel with the TJ's.

Howdy
Howdy Missouri steve! I as well am counting down the days till EJS I am looking forward to wheelin with you in two months! I am sure you will keep up and have a blast doing it. Is you JK stock or modded?
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #25
kurtfriedrich
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was kind of hoping not to have to register for anything ... will I not be able to run with you folks if I don't?

If I have to register, can you post a pointer to how I do that?

As for names, I like Idaho-Jeepers. I am a bit worried if we call it the jeepforum whatever, we will wind up with 127 people joining? but I am just along for the ride, and will abide but whatever goes down.

thanks
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #26
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfriedrich View Post
I was kind of hoping not to have to register for anything ... will I not be able to run with you folks if I don't?

As for names, I like Idaho-Jeepers. I am a bit worried if we call it the jeepforum whatever, we will wind up with 127 people joining? but I am just along for the ride, and will abide but whatever goes down.

thanks
If you don't register with RR4W you will not be able to run the trail.

Everyone that wants to run a trail together as a group must register (under the group name) and due so before the dead line.
If the group (by its name) gets selected to run a specific trail and that trail does not have enough room for the entire group we either get split up (if we give the RR4W that option) or moved to a different trail choice that we have selected.
Obviously, the larger the group the more difficult it is to get trail selections, specially for Big Saturday.
In the past when I have ran with a group we all just sent in our registration forms as individuals and that has worked out really well for a small group of six vehicles.

Book your rooms now! I checked Motel 6 last night, Tuesday, and to my surprise they still had eight rooms available... they are usually sold out by now. I went to book my room today, Wednesday, and they had four left.
Got mine!
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #27
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

thanks
Kurt, I am sorry if this gets kind of confusing. Some days we are planning on running as part of Easter Jeep Safari and others we are planning to just run in our own groups not a part EJS. I believe you were planning on joining us on Monday and Tuesday correct? On those days we are going to run trails by our selves not part of EJS therefore you do not need to register for anything. The days we are planning on running with EJS Jevon marked as "with EJS group". The thing I think that confused you was what I had said before. If we want to run in our own groups not as a part of EJS then we have to pick a trail for that day that is not being ran by an official EJS group since they don't allow anyone else except them on the trail. In short you can run both Monday and Tuesday with us and do not need to register for anything. Sorry for the confusion. Also as far as the name of the group goes... we are just trying to think of a name that all of us can put on our registration when we send it in so the EJS people know we all want to be in the same group. The only people that will see the name is us and the people who run EJS. So the only way anyone would know to put the name on there is to come read this thread. I doubt we will get that many people and that people would put the name on there registration and not post up here but I could be wrong. Whatever name you guys think will work best I am fine with.
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #28
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for helping explain stuff Sean... you posted while I was typing.

Quote:
In the past when I have ran with a group we all just sent in our registration forms as individuals and that has worked out really well for a small group of six vehicles.
So you just all picked the same trails separately and managed to luck out and get them together? That's convenient! Have you sent in your choices for this year yet? If so what are you guys planning on?

Quote:
Book your rooms now! I checked Motel 6 last night, Tuesday, and to my surprise they still had eight rooms available... they are usually sold out by now. I went to book my room today, Wednesday, and they had four left.
Got mine!
Yep motels get booked very quick and very early and the town is totally mobbed especially on big Sat. Also I forgot to re post this in here. If anyone that is coming to EJS is planning on camping for the week you are welcome to camp on my property in Castle Valley for free. Me and my parents all moved out here in 08 and we own 30 acres in Castle Valley which is about 30 minutes from Moab. There are plenty of good camping spots and the view isn't to shabby either. My dad is a jeeper himself who owns a 01 Cherokee. He says any jeepers who camp here get free firewood and beer Here are a few pics...

Unread 01-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #29
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So you just all picked the same trails separately and managed to luck out and get them together? That's convenient! Have you sent in your choices for this year yet? If so what are you guys planning on?
Yep, that is how we have done it and it works great.
I was planning on running Pritchett and/or Behind the Rocks but I will wait to see what trails and when a far as this thread goes before sending in my registration.

Quote:
Yep motels get booked very quick and very early and the town is totally mobbed especially on big Sat. Also I forgot to re post this in here. If anyone that is coming to EJS is planning on camping for the week you are welcome to camp on my property in Castle Valley for free. Me and my parents all moved out here in 08 and we own 30 acres in Castle Valley which is about 30 minutes from Moab. There are plenty of good camping spots and the view isn't to shabby either. My dad is a jeeper himself who owns a 01 Cherokee. He says any jeepers who camp here get free firewood and beer Here are a few pics...
That is a great offer! Maybe I will save the $600 and go camping.
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #30
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cliff333, beautiful place!
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.