Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4" - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Easter Jeep Safari 2010 "Mar 27 - April 4"

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #151
kurtfriedrich
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jevon,
are your friends bringing the FJs this year?

Unread 02-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #152
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

^Great shot - haven't seen that one before.

No, these are not the same friends that will be coming.... My friends that are coming this time will be renting a jeep for 3 days. He owns a Bronco but its not ready for Moab yet.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #153
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So any guess on what the pucker facter is in that shot. That is a great shot.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #154
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
So any guess on what the pucker facter is in that shot. That is a great shot.
It had a HUGE pucker factor for him! He took the by-pass after this little event.

His rig was not geared very low at all and it was causing him all sorts of problems. If you look close at that photo in the upper right corner you will see my wife and daughter. My wife is taking video... here is that video:

Unread 02-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #155
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

After seeing that, I don't blame him. I would have taken the bypass too, right after cleaning out my shorts.
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #156
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Its a good thing he had that gas tank rack! Otherwise he might have gone over backward or stood up on end LOL Good old Mike... its to bad he isn't coming this year, he is a cool guy. He was all excited about working on his yota too, getting it better suited for another Moab trip. How come he decided not to come Jevon?
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #157
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Would love to make it this year. Jeep isn't quite ready and it runs too close with other plans that can't be changed. I'm already making sure I'll be free next year!
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #158
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
Its a good thing he had that gas tank rack! Otherwise he might have gone over backward or stood up on end LOL Good old Mike... its to bad he isn't coming this year, he is a cool guy. He was all excited about working on his yota too, getting it better suited for another Moab trip. How come he decided not to come Jevon?
Yeah without that spare tire and gas tank rack I think he would have at least went up on end... it was more hairy than the video makes it seem. There was another time he had some trouble on Fins & Things - I think it was on Kenny's Climb? One of the steep hills he had to give it the onion on - he flew up that hill bouncing and tires squealing. If I remember right people were diving out of his way as he came up.

He is a realtor and money is a little tighter these days... he owns two planes which I think use up all his extra coin. You will like my friend Steve running three days with us this year. He is about 6'-5", retired Air Force and a real character. He is renting a RUBI but I bet he will give us all something to talk and laugh about. When he is not renting a rig, he may ride along with me or someone too.

On another note, how is the project coming along Redarcher89? I can't believe you are going to tackle all of that work this close to the trip! Im starting to get anxious about having enough time to do what I have to do before the trip and all I have to do is some maintenance items, cleaning and painting some scratches & scrapes on my suspension arms and axles.

By the way here is the same hill on Fins & Things that my friend Mike had trouble on... Turn up your sound.

Here is Kurt going up (Kurt took the photo at the top of this page and will be running with the group a couple days this year too. I think he was the first one to go up? Anyway my wife was taking the video and was getting nervous - listen to her its so funny!!!)

Here is Dax - our trail leader. (As you will see Dax loves to drive with his head out the window lol - you will notice he always has bugs in his teeth... this is why LOL!)

And here is yours truly... The funny thing about this video of me is if you listen you can hear Mike (they guy in the Toyota saying "should I try it?" LMAO)

Last edited by Idaho-Jeep; 02-17-2010 at 09:08 AM..
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #159
kurtfriedrich
2008 JK Wrangler 

The yellow FJ had a carberator, and every time he got it uphill, it starved the engine for gas, so he had to drive pretty aggressively to make up for it.

Just got my EVO Rock Sliders welded on today. I had the Jeep Rubicon ones which give you almost no side protection. Other then beadlocks, there really is nothing else I want to do with my DD jeep. Just need to find $1000 under a tree somewhere for the wheels.

Can't wait!

Kurt
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #160
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah without that spare tire and gas tank rack I think he would have at least went up on end... it was more hairy than the video makes it seem. There was another time he had some trouble on Fins & Things - I think it was on Kenny's Climb? One of the steep hills he had to give it the onion on - he flew up that hill bouncing and tires squealing. If I remember right people were diving out of his way as he came up.
LOL it was Frenches Fin... that was funny / scary. I though he was going to drive off the side
Quote:
He is a realtor and money is a little tighter these days... he owns two planes which I think use up all his extra coin. You will like my friend Steve running three days with us this year. He is about 6'-5", retired Air Force and a real character. He is renting a RUBI but I bet he will give us all something to talk and laugh about. When he is not renting a rig, he may ride along with me or someone too.
Ahh I see...nice, I will be looking forward to meeting Steve!
Quote:
On another note, how is the project coming along Redarcher89? I can't believe you are going to tackle all of that work this close to the trip! Im starting to get anxious about having enough time to do what I have to do before the trip and all I have to do is some maintenance items, cleaning and painting some scratches & scrapes on my suspension arms and axles
Yeah how is the project coming along Redarcher89? If it count's here is my list of stuff to do before EJS
1. install a 6.5" long arm lift that includes cutting and some welding
2. figure out why my t case isn't shifting right and install an SYE
3. measure and order a custom drive shaft
4. get new wheels and new 33" tires and mount them
5. trim my fenders
6. do an oil change
7.weld my exhaust bracket
and try to install my custom rear seat.... I hope I make it!

Hahaha great vids Jevon, that was a awesome time!

Quote:
And here is yours truly... The funny thing about this video of me is if you listen you can hear Mike (they guy in the Toyota saying "should I try it?" LMAO)
LOL!!!! Mike
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #161
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

My pre-Moab wish list was-

TJ:
Boatsides
Beadlocks (weld on)
Seats
Tube doors

H3:
Tube doors
On board Air

But now I am replacing the TJ's transmission, so I may not get to do any of the fun stuff. I'm still trying to sell my wife on the boatsides, so we'll see what happends.

Redarcher- how is your project going?
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #162
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a vid of us on Pritchett back in '08

Not sure how to embed vimeo...

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8524057&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8524057&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/8524057">Pritchett Canyon</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2222220">REDLYNER</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #163
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm. The only thing that has changed on my TJ so far is I shattered my driverside plastic window this morning. It was so cold when I unzipped it to open it up so I could see out because of the frost the plastic just shattered like it was glas.
My wheels, lights,wench, Hobart welder, and swaylock have arrived. I am picking up the 35x12.50x15 radial rockers Fri. The rear D44 with an Arb locker and chromoly shafts geared to 4.88, and the D30 Arb, 4.88 gears, and chromoly shafts, light dot leds, SYE, licsense plate relocater with 3rd brake light, and Cobra remote cb should be here thur. or fri. The Metal Cloake Overline tube fenders with removable 6" flares, rear 6" flares, rocker system with adjustible steps, bullet Leds, and front aluminum bumper should be here next Tue. The Genright Ledgend extreme coilover lift with stretch kit, and aluminum corners, chromoly high steer kit, belly up, rear antirock swaybar, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, and gas tank should be here by Wed. The LOD rear Expidition bumper and tire carrier wont be here for 2 more weeks. If Dad will still let me borrow his Dodge we are going to start tearing it down this weekend so once the lift gets here we can start cutting and welding the new suspention in. I have 17 days off of work between today and the day we leave. I hope that will be enough oh yeah after the suspension is in I have to measure and order a custom drive shaft too
If worse comes to worse I am going to instal the new axle, regear the front and put on the fenders and come out like that. At least that way I will be locked front and rear on 35's.
I think I am about to be very busy.
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #164
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Holy he!! you got me beat! lol Good luck man! That sounds like quite the build in a short amount of time. I will be looking forward to seeing her at EJS. I bet she will be a beauty.
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #165
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is a lot of work man! Good thing you have some time off before the trip. I took about 8 months to do what you are going to try and do in 17 days! Im looking forward to seeing it though!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.