Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

driving from miami fla to moab

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  SurfnSnow 
#1 ·
i want to visit moab for my summer vacation.i would love to drive my lj and try some trails. can you guys help me out with info about the area?where togo what to do ?:cheers2:

#9 ·
That'd be a fun drive actually. I had a few friends drive from North Carolina to Moab and had a blast. My drive wasn't as long, but I did the San Jose, CA to Moab but that was only 1900 miles round trip and there's something about driving and seeing the rest of the country. Just make sure your rig is in perfect running order and address any and ALL weaknesses since you'll be driving there, wheeling, and then driving back in the same rig.
There's a bunch of trails that you can do that won't leave you broken and are pretty scenic. As for trails, it depends on your rig as some need lockers and others only need 2WD. A relatively easy trail is Fins n Things but get the book Jason93 suggested as it has great maps of all of the trails. Also get the version with that's spiral bound as it's easier to read and reference while on the trail.
If you do break down, Moab4x4 Outpost is a great shop to have work done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.