Destruction Of Little Sluice - Rubicon Trail - Urgent - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Destruction Of Little Sluice - Rubicon Trail - Urgent

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Destruction Of Little Sluice - Rubicon Trail - Urgent

Hey guys i know we are all busy but if you have a few minutes to send an email it would be most appreciated. This Friday(yes 2 days from now) the Little Sluice portion of the rubicon trail is slated to have the boulders broken up and be filled in with rocks. How California can afford to spend money on this type of project when they are going bankrupt i have no idea.

I know there has been talk on here about going to the Rubicon and i know i dont want it to be changed before i get a chance to do it. You can read all about the proposal and who to send the email to in the Pirate 4x4 thread ive linked below.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ed-friday.html

Thanks guys!

P.S.
Even if you never will run the Rubicon i think we all understand how important something like this is and how difficult it is to keep access on the limited trails we now have. Please take the time if you can spare it to send an email anyway.

"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

e-mail sent
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

E-mail sent. This would be a travesty to destroy one of the premier landmarks on the holy grail of off-roading--the Rubicon Trail.
jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Done!

Not sure if I could even manage the sluice, but regardless, this is totally bogus
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Thanks for posting this Brian, I will write an e-mail right now!
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys! Im in the same boat on the sluice. Id possibly try it, probably couldnt do it, but i definitely see no reason to close it to those that want to do it. Its not harming anything leaving it open far as i can tell and the bypass around it to my understanding has been done in a way that is approved to reduce erosion and such so this whole thing seems pointless.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
vgullotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

email sent:

Dear Supervisor Sweeney,

I have been told that the Little Sluice is going to be permanently modified on Friday, September 28th by your order.

I am a tax paying resident of California, and have been visiting the Rubicon Trail and your area for several years. When I run the trail with my buddies, not only do we 100% pick up after ourselves, but we clean the trail of anything others have left behind. It is home to an annual trip my buddies and I take every summer. We take care of the trail because we love it and respect it. Please do not change it. Please do not crack the large rocks in Little Sluice or the other areas slated for permanent destruction. Please do not fill Little Sluice with imported rock. This is not a good use of California tax payer's dollars. Please, there is no reason for this. You're taking something that is natural and beautiful and changing it to be man-made and wrong. Please, you're going to affect the wild life, the people that love the trail, and honestly, the People's opinions of you for spending tax payer dollars on something that needs no change when this state is broke. I don't understand the change, it makes no sense and it should be stopped. Please do understand that if you continue with this destruction, my voice will be made significantly more public very quickly.

Thank you for your time,
Vinny
Unread 09-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Its amazing how much money governments will spend to ruin a good time.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.