chicago < MOAB - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > chicago < MOAB

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Rook87
1997 ZJ 

chicago < MOAB

Buddy and I take off august 17 from the Chicago area and headed to the Moab area for a week . I'll be in my zj and he just picked up a 13' jk. We have no reservations or written down plans. I have my trusty Charles Wells book so I should be good right? Haha, Anyways just making a thread in hopes someone else may be around or if you don't hear an update from me by the 28th then send a search team! We'd also like to swing through Colorado on the way there for some fun if there's good suggestions on where, is black bear pass an option you think??? Thank guys

Rook87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

When I first saw the title I read it as Chicago >(greater than) Moab, and thought "this will be interesting"
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Rook87
1997 ZJ 

Haha trust me I checked to see if I could edit the title after I posted.. But in no way is that what I meant!
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
Haha trust me I checked to see if I could edit the title after I posted.. But in no way is that what I meant!
I can fix that
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
Rook87
1997 ZJ 

Leaving for Ouray in 5 hours! Then be in Moab Tuesday'ish. Hopefully the 110k mile ZJ has it in her to make a successful trip. Pretty excited
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
babysvt
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
Leaving for Ouray in 5 hours! Then be in Moab Tuesday'ish. Hopefully the 110k mile ZJ has it in her to make a successful trip. Pretty excited
Not sure where you are in your trip or if you are still in the Moab area but the husband and I are going to be arriving in Moab Friday afternoon Aug 23. If you are still around and want some company let me know. This is our first trip to the area and we are super excited!

2014 "Copperhead" Rubicon Unlimited
"Silly Boys Jeeps Are For Girls"
babysvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Rook87
1997 ZJ 

Darn it! I left moab this morning and came back to Durango Colorado . I have a zj 3.5'' lift on 32s. Ran hells revenge, fins n things, and a handful of easy trails. Def an experience I've been waiting over a year for.
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
babysvt
2014 JK Wrangler 

We are sorry we missed you! We got lucky on Saturday morning when we showed up at the City Market. We were able to head out with some awesome people from the Red Rock 4x4 club. They took us to Cameo Cliffs/El Diablo. We had a blast and learned a lot that has helped us along the rest of our trip. We can't wait to get back there! Unfortunately, it rained the entire time so we found that a lot of places we wanted to venture to were closed. We did do Fins N Things and Onion Creek.

2014 "Copperhead" Rubicon Unlimited
"Silly Boys Jeeps Are For Girls"
babysvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Do you have any pics? I would love to see what Onion Creek looks like in the storms. That is a fun exploration road that anyone can do in a stock vehicle. The river crossings make it fun.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.