Central Utah Camp site/Fishing recomendation? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Central Utah Camp site/Fishing recomendation?

We still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 04-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
blakesgst

Central Utah Camp site/Fishing recomendation?

Hey guys,

I am planning out a jeep road trip for the wife and I at the end of May. I was hoping someone here with first hand experience of the central Utah area(we will be driving the I15) could recommend a good tent campground with the basics, running water, restrooms, shade if possible and fishing in the central Utah area? Unfortunately Moab is a bit out of the way as we are heading north to Montana.

Thanks,

Blake

blakesgst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
Jeeples
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

The Fish Lake area offers a lot of camping with a lot of wooded area for shade. I've never stayed in any spots with running water, but I'm fairly certain they do offer some.

There's also Yuba Lake, however shade is sparse and depending on the time of year, you can run into a far amount of snakes as well.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you're willing to venture off I-15 a little bit, there might be a few more options. I live on Highway 89 (parallels I-15, you'll still be heading the right direction, and you have a couple of possibilities to reconnect with the interstate) and there are a few spots that would work for you.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.