B.O.A.R.rrr Sign Up, Information - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > B.O.A.R.rrr Sign Up, Information

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #91
mbryson
1980 CJ7 

looks like a cool trip....I'd have to take the JKU if there ends up being a spot. No heater in the trail Jeep. At that elevation, I don't think I want to rely on the trans heating up my cab (although in snow, I don't think that'd be an issue)?

Hopefully there's some good pics afterwards?

Unread 11-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #92
I Jeep II
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking forward to the trip, counting down the days...
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #93
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I only need one of you guys to drop out and I'll start to get excited! I did add a CB radio to my Jeep specifically because of this event though. Sucks not qualifying for a spot that's open over something so small. In the future I'm prepared.
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #94
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
I only need one of you guys to drop out and I'll start to get excited! I did add a CB radio to my Jeep specifically because of this event though. Sucks not qualifying for a spot that's open over something so small. In the future I'm prepared.
Someone will likely drop out. If not, you can ride with me.
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #95
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Jeep II View Post
I'm looking forward to the trip, counting down the days...
Same! I was hoping to get some route planning done this month to help ease the waiting pains but with the new pet its probably not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
Your already guaranteed in Todd. Theres an open spot for mid gunner that we are going to fill before the trip starts which will bump you into the group. Im sure there will be other things that come up as well that will cause people to drop too.

I hate having requirements on things because i want everyone to be able to get out and enjoy. Im still trying to figure out a way we can get more people on this run but then i think about trying to turn around and theres really only a few spots. Even with just 13 its going to be tight. Ive thought about doing 2 runs in the same day but i dunno. the first group will have the trail pretty ripped up snow wise by then.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #96
bikkerdude
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by team1k
Same! I was hoping to get some route planning done this month to help ease the waiting pains but with the new pet its probably not going to happen. Your already guaranteed in Todd. Theres an open spot for mid gunner that we are going to fill before the trip starts which will bump you into the group. Im sure there will be other things that come up as well that will cause people to drop too. I hate having requirements on things because i want everyone to be able to get out and enjoy. Im still trying to figure out a way we can get more people on this run but then i think about trying to turn around and theres really only a few spots. Even with just 13 its going to be tight. Ive thought about doing 2 runs in the same day but i dunno. the first group will have the trail pretty ripped up snow wise by then.
Brian if you want to send me some route info I could scout some out.
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #97
UTWJ2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikkerdude View Post

Brian if you want to send me some route info I could scout some out.
I can team up!!
UTWJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #98
ERICON18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTWJ2000 View Post

I can team up!!
I'm in on scouting
ERICON18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #99
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

That would be fun. If there's not much snow I'd love to bring the xj out
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #100
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

I CANNOT wait... wish there was a way for everyone to be able to join that would be quite the convoy!!
ralph_801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #101
kellerexpress
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is literally the ONLY thing making me excited for winter
kellerexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #102
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbryson View Post
looks like a cool trip....I'd have to take the JKU if there ends up being a spot. No heater in the trail Jeep. At that elevation, I don't think I want to rely on the trans heating up my cab (although in snow, I don't think that'd be an issue)?

Hopefully there's some good pics afterwards?
You got that JK built up already Marc? What happened to the heater in the CJ/YJ/MB Jeep? No room after all the mods?
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #103
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

anything specific or good I should making sure I have before the trip? Thanks to Rick I will be covered on the shovel! anything else? and is it going to be good to have a lot of weight on this trip? i'm wondering if i want full seats or just myself... i really don't want to be that guy getting stuck the whole time.
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #104
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_801 View Post
anything specific or good I should making sure I have before the trip? Thanks to Rick I will be covered on the shovel! anything else? and is it going to be good to have a lot of weight on this trip? i'm wondering if i want full seats or just myself... i really don't want to be that guy getting stuck the whole time.
Well the general rule for snow is you want to be as light as possible so you float on top, rather than sink down. Theres two ways of doing this. Build a super light rig, or have wide enough tires(or more tires) that distribute your weight so its like your lighter. My jeep is a porky 5000lbs so I air it down quite a bit to get more tire in contact with the ground/snow. Even still it tends to sink a bit more than float but ive never been stuck, i just may not be the fastest. If your rig meets the specs you should be ok. If you have a locker then I wouldn't anticipate any issues. A tow strap/snatch strap would be nice but isn't required as I have one we can use and I know a few others do too.

If you want to bring more people in your rig I say go for it. I know people will get stuck, I may even get stuck If for some reason a rig on this trip is just absolutely struggling, and its becoming potentially dangerous, we can pull it off somewhere and put the passengers in other rigs but I don't see that happening. Last year a basically stock JK, maybe 2" lift, made it all the way to the big bend. Seems like Godholios rig wasn't super built up and he made it fine as well.
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #105
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

hmmmmm, hopefully my tires will help aid with the weight distribution airing down as well should hopefully help. and then if all else fails i'll pray my lockers come to the rescue. yeah i will for sure be bringing all my straps as well. i'm going to 4wp tomorrow (side note i work like 4 minutes from 4wp if anyone needs me to grab them something i go there at least once a week on break) to hopefully grab a few more little things.

Last edited by ralph_801; 11-20-2013 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: typo

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.