B.O.A.R.rrr Sign Up, Information - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > B.O.A.R.rrr Sign Up, Information

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 10-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Heres the plan for the winter B.O.A.R.rrr trip:

This will be a day trip, not an overnighter:
Trail: Skyline Drive starting in Spanish Fork Canyon
Date: January 25th
Time: 9:00 a.m. and leaving the parking lot at 9:30 a.m.
Meeting Place: Chevron/Gandolfo's gas station, Spanish Fork https://maps.google.com/maps?q=spani...nty,+Utah&z=19

Vehicle/Driver requirements:
  1. Minimum 31 inch tires
  2. Front and rear recovery points - these can be hooks, trailer hitches, d-ring mounts, etc... These cannot be your axle, wrapped around your bumper, or anything that is not a dedicated attachment point. If you get stuck we need something we can pull on without worrying about breaking something. The only exception is our rear-gunner who will just need a front point. If you have questions please ask ahead of time.
  3. Good attitude
  4. Warm clothes/gloves in case you need to get out of your rig you will probably want to be in something besides shorts and tennis shoes but that choice is up to you.(Cant think of anyone that crazy )
  5. Water
Vehicle/equipment recommendations:
  1. A tow strap/recovery strap would be good to bring if you have one
  2. Some type of shovel for digging people out
  3. Locker/limited slip - We need to vote on if this should be a requirement or just recommended.
Attendee List:
Trail Leader: Brian Twyman - Team1k
1: eric - Ericon
2: Rich - Moparich
3: Nic - nic63impss
Mid Gunner 1: Rocky - Sleven
4: Doc - 99tjdoc
5: Brady - ralph_801
6: Kerry - Pickle112
7: Rick - I Jeep II
Mid Gunner 2: Adam - k9popo
8: Andy - Boreal
9: John - 311LJ
10: Todd - LeeMasterGT
11: Kevin - Kellerexpress
Tail Gunner: Jeff Christensen - Comanchekid1k

Standbys:
1: UTWJ2000
2: 2flexed
3: mbryson
4: Robby Rasmussen
5: Bryan Rasmussen
6: Kurt - Kurtbrown64
7: FZJ80cruiser

"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

As you can see above there is a list of attendees. We are capping it at 15 rigs total so we can easily turn around/help others. Please let me know if you are wanting to come and I will add you to the list. Id like to get at least your first name as well so I can better associate faces and names with screen-names.

As you can see there is a mid-gunner slot that is open. The mid gunner will be required to have good recovery points front and rear, a cb radio, 33"+ tires, and at least a rear locker. A tow strap would be a plus. If you are interested please PM me. We will make a decision once the trip gets closer.

Some things to include:

Tire size and type (All terrain or mud terrains)
Lockers or limited slips and if they are front/rear
CB radio status and if its built in or handheld
Tow straps
What kind of recovery points you have
Winch (yes or no)
Type of axles would be helpful. Mainly id rather not have someone with 37's on a bone stock dana 30 trying to do a front recovery on a 5000lb stuck rig
Any other info you think is pertinent

Everyone else please let me know on here if you are coming. I understand this is a ways out but please be sure if you sign up that you will be making an effort to come and see no reason at the present why you wouldn't be able to make it. Once the 10 slots fill up we will start filling up a standby list. Standbys will be added as others drop out. If your on the main list, drop out, but later want to be added back in, you will be added to the end of the standby list(if there is one).

One last thing we need to sort out pronto is if a locker/limited slip/traction aiding device will be a requirement. I will say a locker is extremely useful on this trail. Unlocked rigs have made it to the big bend in the road where we usually turn around by using lots of throttle and multiple tries on stuff. This is more of a safety/time concern. I will leave this up to you guys, please post up your thoughts.
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
bikkerdude
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey Brian. I am down to go! I don't have lockers just limited-slip. You have seen my rig in action so if you think it wont make it or if will slow things down that's cool! I don't want to hold anyone back.

Plus side is you are meeting 3 blocks from my house..

Chris
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
k9popo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

In!!!
I can be mid gunner...
UJC#10
06' TJ Rubi-CON
Savvy/Currie/Poison Spyder/Rokmen/Falken
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

lock me in for that 5 spot Brian!! i've got 35's.. locked. two straps and points in the front in back
ralph_801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikkerdude View Post
Hey Brian. I am down to go! I don't have lockers just limited-slip. You have seen my rig in action so if you think it wont make it or if will slow things down that's cool! I don't want to hold anyone back.

Plus side is you are meeting 3 blocks from my house..

Chris
Even if we vote that lockers/limited slip is required your rig will pass so your fine on that part. If you pass the requirements and we still go slow then its not your fault at all, its mine Its hard to set requirements since each year the trail will vary in difficulty depending on how much snow falls.

I cant recall off hand, but assume since you are signing up, that your rig has front and rear recovery points?
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
In!!!
I can be mid gunner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_801 View Post
lock me in for that 5 spot Brian!! i've got 35's.. locked. two straps and points in the front in back
For any mid-gunner requests please PM me. I didnt mention that i'd like you to PM me your vehicle specs though so ill update the first post.

Some things to include:

Tire size and type (All terrain or mud terrains)
Lockers or limited slips and if they are front/rear
CB radio status and if its built in or handheld
Tow straps
What kind of recovery points you have
Winch (yes or no)
Type of axles would be helpful. Mainly id rather not have someone with 37's on a bone stock dana 30 trying to do a front recovery on a 5000lb stuck rig
Any other info you think is pertinent

We will make a decision on the mid gunner slot once the event gets closer

Can you also include your names (first name is fine) so i can add that to the list?
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm in. Can you give me a rough idea of where Skyline starts on Hwy 6? I'll be coming from the Thistle turnoff and would rather meet you guys there than come all the way into Spanish and then back track

Edit: Just checked Google Earth... it's East of the 6/89 junction. I'll probably meet you guys at the junction or at the trail head.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
bikkerdude
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by team1k View Post
Even if we vote that lockers/limited slip is required your rig will pass so your fine on that part. If you pass the requirements and we still go slow then its not your fault at all, its mine Its hard to set requirements since each year the trail will vary in difficulty depending on how much snow falls.

I cant recall off hand, but assume since you are signing up, that your rig has front and rear recovery points?
Yep Fit all the other requirements. I have front tow hooks and a tow hitch in the rear on 33". and have some recovery gear. ( I have the maroon JKU that was at mineral basin)

I am working on getting a CB.
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey Brian I wasn't asking to be mid gunner sorry haha, I was saying 5 spot to be one in front of mid gunner... I don't know why just sounds like a good spot. First name is Brady by the way. I'll have my cb fully installed by then. I have two two straps, winch, tree saver, chains, rubi lockers/axles. Not sure if that will play into anything but I'm not trying to be the mid gunner you saw how I did on forest lake lol
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #11
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oh and I have two d ring mounts on my front bumper and hitch in back
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
I'm in. Can you give me a rough idea of where Skyline starts on Hwy 6? I'll be coming from the Thistle turnoff and would rather meet you guys there than come all the way into Spanish and then back track

Edit: Just checked Google Earth... it's East of the 6/89 junction. I'll probably meet you guys at the junction or at the trail head.
Too late sucker i emailed it to you We will see you at the turnoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikkerdude View Post
Yep Fit all the other requirements. I have front tow hooks and a tow hitch in the rear on 33". and have some recovery gear. ( I have the maroon JKU that was at mineral basin)

I am working on getting a CB.
Cool thanks. Yeah i remember you and the rig, just couldnt remember if the recovery points were there. Be good to have you come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_801 View Post
Hey Brian I wasn't asking to be mid gunner sorry haha, I was saying 5 spot to be one in front of mid gunner... I don't know why just sounds like a good spot. First name is Brady by the way. I'll have my cb fully installed by then. I have two two straps, winch, tree saver, chains, rubi lockers/axles. Not sure if that will play into anything but I'm not trying to be the mid gunner you saw how I did on forest lake lol
Doh! i really misread that. I didnt even associate spot in line with what number you are but thats not a bad idea. We will plan on trying to line up in whatever order we set here. Ill move you to 5.
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks like I get to spend the day staring at Adam's rear end instead of Brian's. Nice.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like I get to spend the day staring at Adam's rear end instead of Brian's. Nice.
Ha its cause your always putting me to shame on how easy you make obstacles look so i have to move you back to keep my appearance. We can always switch up the order if theres somewhere else you would rather be in the line. Maybe in front of Jeff

P.S. thanks for the name refresher. I met so many people on saturday. I really struggle with names(hence the list).
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
k9popo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey, I've been working out lol
UJC#10
06' TJ Rubi-CON
Savvy/Currie/Poison Spyder/Rokmen/Falken
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.