Anywhere local (or anyone in the crew) that would weld 8.8 swap brackets? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Anywhere local (or anyone in the crew) that would weld 8.8 swap brackets?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Anywhere local (or anyone in the crew) that would weld 8.8 swap brackets?

Alright long story short, I will be picking up a TJ soon. I really want to find one with a d44 to save myself the hassle and $ of and axle swap, but I'm not planning on it, because it seems unlikely from the few I've looked at. I've looked at ECGS's bolt in solution and it looks like a good bet, my problem is that I do not have a welder, or welding skills. It would be cheaper to get a JY 8.8, and a bracket kit, and get it welded on. So anyone know of somewhere, or someone in the Utah Jeep Crew that could weld brackets on for me, assuming I brought the axle ready for work, or anyone have an estimate of what it would cost? I'm just trying to plan out my build, and decide what I really want to do for it.

I'm almost to the point where I would stick it on 32's, keep stock gearing and a d35, and call it good just pricing out my build with an axle swap

Unread 12-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
mbryson
1980 CJ7 

Good guy that posts quite a bit on RME4x4.com that's down by you. Seems to do good work from what I can see.

Unlimited Fabrication, LLC
1096N 450W Unit 108
Springville, UT 84663
801-918-1737
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

X2 on unlimited fabrication!! the guys name is mitch is he does amazing work. Im sure I look like a little kid on christmas morning every time I go in his shop haha. He can and will set you up right man. only downfall.. he does such amazing work that he is booked several weeks out with other customers axle builds. I doubt you would be in a huge hurry so it probably wont be a problem. I would recommend Unlimited Fab for anything axle related.

and PS.. stop looking around for a jeep and just buy my TJ
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A friend of mine, also in Springville did the welding of the housing to the tubes etc for me. Check out Regulator Racing on FB, he has pics of his work on my axle.. I would recommend him if Unlimited Fabrication is backlogged, etc.
Tuffjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
morty00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbryson View Post
Good guy that posts quite a bit on RME4x4.com that's down by you. Seems to do good work from what I can see.

Unlimited Fabrication, LLC
1096N 450W Unit 108
Springville, UT 84663
801-918-1737
x2
morty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
98GAXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You can always DD the Dana 35 until you have the 8.8 ready.
I wheeled a TJ with a Dana 35 on 35's at Tellico. As long as you are smart,& don't hammer it, you should be fine.
98GAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GAXJ
You can always DD the Dana 35 until you have the 8.8 ready. I wheeled a TJ with a Dana 35 on 35's at Tellico. As long as you are smart,& don't hammer it, you should be fine.
X2. If you treat it as a 35 and not a 14 bolt you should be fine to wheel it til you get a replacement axle built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbear View Post
Destroyed it somehow..... It went wobble wobble wobble boom
Tuffjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
A friend of mine, also in Springville did the welding of the housing to the tubes etc for me. Check out Regulator Racing on FB, he has pics of his work on my axle.. I would recommend him if Unlimited Fabrication is backlogged, etc.
x2, my brother in law does good work. he also welded the axle cradle on my WJ rear axle for the 4 link.. He will be willing to do it quick and clean but will require it out from under the jeep.. when you reach a certain level of welder and your day job is an engineer you can make those kind of requests lol
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info guys. I decided to save up a little longer, and just get a 2 dr JK. I am going to have to put just as much of a down payment on a TJ, and my interest rate will be higher (my bank wants a 04 or newer, so a LJ or a TJ rubicon is still in the picture) I just don't want to pick something up that is going to need an axle swap, and already has 120k miles on it. I'm thinkin a low milage 07-08 2 dr JK now, or a LJ, or I'm gonna find a bank that'll give me a better loan on an older TJ.. It'll probably be closer to summer if it does happen, and I'm leaning more towards a JK at this point, just for the fact that they're newer and nicer, and I can find a lower milage one.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.