Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anybody bored and want to help with install?

977 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Modstock 
#1 ·
I have some Rugged Ridge Plastic Rocker Armor for my JK since December (long story) but in any case I need a second hand and also an experienced person to help me install it (watch over me and make sure I don't screw up) I also need a tool :mad: I have to remove (2) 10mm bolts and although I have the 10mm socket part - I don't have the wrench needed for the other end and honestly I couldn't tell you if it is 3/8" or 1/2".

Instructions tell me to have the jeep sit overnight before driving and since I am not working tomorrow I thought today would be a good time to do this....rarely do I have that extra day off to not drive it somewhere.

I live in Cottonwood Heights near Brighton High School so if anyone is bored with nothing to do on a Friday night - let me know. Wish I could come to ya'll but you can't drive it after installation until the next day and after looking it over - I understand why.

#4 ·
Nope - didn't hear from anyone. Just would love to get these parts installed and I know it won't take long at all but the directions do tell you to have a 2nd person available to help line the pieces up. There are also 2 spacers with the kit and I don't know what I am supposed to do with them. I am getting my winch installed next Sunday and am ordering the stuff I need to get my CB running along with a recovery kit and trying to put the tools together. I have tools spread out all over this house and the garage so I am trying to find them all and get them organized so I can put my tool box together. I want to be better prepared when I go wheeling again.

#5 ·
I'm not experienced, never worked on a JK. I've got an XJ.

But i can be the 2nd hand and pitch in ideas, if you what you are doing.
I've got standard crafsman 1/2 and 3/8 and also 1/2 torque wrench.
But dude you should own these yourself, it's a good investment.

#6 ·
I am a dudette LOL.

There are tools all over this house - not in any order at all - in any particular room. My husband is not the most organized person and then put a 19 year old stepson into the mix who never puts anything back - believe me it is frustrating. I can find the sockets but not the wrenches so far. The torque wrench might be in Florida with my husband. I know that we own one as we used it to put on my Ace Sliders way back when. I have to run my cat to the vet and will be there for hours. When I get home I will make a diligent effort tonight to gather up all of the tools and start sorting them out. Believe me, I have quite the task on my hands.

I know I ribbed Scott a little bit for his disorganization but at least he has them all confined within 4 walls and not within 4 rooms and a garage and he KNOWS where his stuff is.

Tyler - this is a very basic install - just need some guidance and help lining them up. Once you put them on they will be stuck because of the adhesive so need to make sure it is lined up properly before I remove the adhesive backing.

#7 ·
Jancie said:
I am a dudette LOL.

There are tools all over this house - not in any order at all - in any particular room. My husband is not the most organized person and then put a 19 year old stepson into the mix who never puts anything back - believe me it is frustrating. I can find the sockets but not the wrenches so far. The torque wrench might be in Florida with my husband. I know that we own one as we used it to put on my Ace Sliders way back when. I have to run my cat to the vet and will be there for hours. When I get home I will make a diligent effort tonight to gather up all of the tools and start sorting them out. Believe me, I have quite the task on my hands.

I know I ribbed Scott a little bit for his disorganization but at least he has them all confined within 4 walls and not within 4 rooms and a garage and he KNOWS where his stuff is.

Tyler - this is a very basic install - just need some guidance and help lining them up. Once you put them on they will be stuck because of the adhesive so need to make sure it is lined up properly before I remove the adhesive backing.
Ok, if you still need help, PM me then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.