any meets in the slc area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > any meets in the slc area?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 10-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

any meets in the slc area?

im new to jeeps and im trying to meet some people to wheel with in the pc/slc area. i was wondering if there are any meets weekly or monthly for utah jeep guys?

PowderPusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

I usually put together a monthly meet but with school the past couple months just didn't have time. I'm hoping to pick it back up here soon.

Where-ish in SLC are you located?
Utah JeepCrew #39 | Club Matt #1
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
00JGC00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JGC00 View Post
I usually put together a monthly meet but with school the past couple months just didn't have time. I'm hoping to pick it back up here soon.

Where-ish in SLC are you located?
im at state and i80 now but im about to move down next to liberty park at the end of the month. back in pa i used to go to a meet every monday night in my area. but that was mostly imports. i used to be a honda guy for years. looking to get into a more adventurous scene with the jeeps guys in the area. plus i would like to have a crew to roll with to go wheeling
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

oh and i will be doing some work on my rig next month hopefully and need some help figuring out what my jeep has in the difs and someone to make sure i dont do anything stupid since im new at this stuff. i will offer beer for the help!!!
Unread 10-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

If I can get away from homework long enough, I may stand around and watch...I can swap an engine but I don't know a damn thing about suspension work which is really a problem.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
If I can get away from homework long enough, I may stand around and watch...I can swap an engine but I don't know a damn thing about suspension work which is really a problem.
i have to change the dif, trans and tc fluids. also i will be taking the body lift off as soon as teraflex calls me with some bolts they are taking off a tj. oh and i need to take the spring spacers off the front also. not to mention i dont have a jack! thats why i would supply beer for the aggrivation of lifting a jack into their rig.
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I pulled a body lift out of my YJ a few years back...3" pucks are a terrible idea. Had to get the tub welded at 5 or 6 of the mount locations because the lift pucks broke through. I definitely regret selling my hi-lift with the YJ. I knew I was gonna get another Jeep someday.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
I pulled a body lift out of my YJ a few years back...3" pucks are a terrible idea. Had to get the tub welded at 5 or 6 of the mount locations because the lift pucks broke through. I definitely regret selling my hi-lift with the YJ. I knew I was gonna get another Jeep someday.
my tj has too much lift and thats why im taking it off. i have an 11.5" gap in the rear and 10.5 in the front with 37" tires. i think its a 6" suspension lift with 2"bl
Unread 10-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Haha wow. Yeah I'd probably do the same. I replaced mine with some 1.5" poly pucks from JKS. The ride was about 10x better and I know there was a lot less stress on the tub.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
cbandit
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I believe there is planning going on for a wheeling trip up American fork canyon or out at 5 mile in Ut county next sat if you're interested
cbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbandit View Post
I believe there is planning going on for a wheeling trip up American fork canyon or out at 5 mile in Ut county next sat if you're interested
i hate it but i work fri-sunday every week. got this schedual for the winter season since i snowboard monday-thursday every week. and im kinda in a bind since im going back to pa for a week in november so i cant take off right now. plus im not 100% confident in my rig right now. im having too many issues that have to be addressed before i decide to go out wheeling. this noise coming from undernieth for one. i think its coming from the dif because of it losing fluid. kind of a scratching sound.
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
SRKTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey slc jeepers, if you guys want people to wheel with my buddy and I have started a new jeep club called salty rock krawlers. We are 3 jeeps deep now and plan on getting about 20 members total. We do rides almost evry weekend and some night runs during the week. Go to www.facebook.com/saltyrockkrawlers if you want to join. We also are planning some big meets next year, bbqs and maybe a Moab trip.
www.facebook.com/saltyrockkrawlers
SRKTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'll check it out but my weekends are pretty well booked...same reason I've been back in Utah for almost 3 months and still haven't actually met anyone.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm def interested in getting in with a crew. But same here with the weekends. I work 39 hours between fri-Sundays. That's for the winter season. When spring comes that will change
Unread 10-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
SRKTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If weekends are bad for you guys we go out at night sometimes to trails close by. With all the snow we are getting now, it might be a while until we do anything but ne,t spring we are going to hit it hard.
www.facebook.com/saltyrockkrawlers
SRKTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.