Another Government Land Grab in Utah - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Another Government Land Grab in Utah

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
well2160
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Another Government Land Grab in Utah

So the companies listed below have sent a letter to Pres Obama asking him to with a swipe of his pen declare a national monument (Greater Canyonlands Natl Monument). It's 1.4 million acres (that's slightly smaller than the state of Delaware). I grew up in Monticello UT and spent most of my growing up years in the proposed Greater Canyonlands as my dad ran a wilderness rehab. This monument designation is a far greater threat than any mining or drilling (there is little to none in the whole area I know). There is nearly 0 local support for this designation. These companies seem to think we're a bunch of ignorant confused hillbillies or we want to willingly turn our home into an industrial wasteland. I'm glad a bunch of primarily out of area companies that seem to know best have stepped in and sent a letter to help us out. This would affect Jeeping, ATV's, mtn biking in the area (have you every been to a monument that didn't have more permits/fees/closures). If any of you have been to Moab area and want to help out send these companies an email or post on their FB pages. I think most of the companies on this list are probably feeling like the Emperor with his new clothes. They were sold a load of trash by the tree huggers. They are now parading down the street naked realizing that it sucks to keep walking but sucks to admit their mistake too. Camp Chef is the only one to withdraw so far.

So

This is about the size of Delaware.

well2160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.