all white builds! i sure do love a challenge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > all white builds! i sure do love a challenge

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

all white builds! i sure do love a challenge

i posted this in the xj section too. but they are utah rigs so i will post them here too.
ok so ive owned a 99 tj for just over a year and im about to strip it down and build up my (new to me) 96' xj i picked up last month. i went back to PA for 4 months and while there i beat my tj to hell and replaced a ton of stuff only to have the trans start barking at me. i picked up this 96 xj from a buddy for $1900. chassis has 248k on it, motor and trans have 45k. tcase ? mileage. bone stock, everything works! and i mean everything! even the stupid windsheild washer light works( super annoying!!!!)

asl my girl has a 91' xj that i started to tear down last spring and we have found a doner to swap the full drive train out of for her. her rig was built by her ex a year ago and he was a "instant gratification" type person. i dont know who would let a woman and her 2 daughters drive from washington to utah in a rig with 6" lift w/ no sye, not a single codder pin in the steering, and 5 different kinds of spark plugs that were beyond toast. he claimed this was the best rig he ever built! i told him he should never touch anybodies rig ever again.

and so the plans for the parts rig are to be my xj camper build. it will be slow but i want it to be perfect and the way i want it. so enough with the blabbing and on to some pics. i will post more as things happen.

my 96' if all goes as planned i want to get my d44 rear and hp d30 off my tj and install them on this rig with 35x12.5xr17, np231 w/ sye.

my puppy sydney creepin!

i already have a 3" lift on the rear. front will be done soon if it takes to long to get my stuff from pa.

sydney dog! going shredding with us!

only bolts that broke were the rr shock bolts

and now onto the donor rig soon to be camper by the spring.
96' with 137k on it. was hit directly in front of the front right wheel which shifted the chassis 3" and they totaled it. the previous owner worked for 2 years to make this motor and drivetrain leak free. it was in mint condition with his mother as the only owner besides him. he was sad to see the pics of it so far.

the rest of the metal is behind the fence

and now tana's 91 xj. also white. i cant find the pics of it before i tore it apart last spring. but last night i was determined to get both motors out. with the 6" lift it is so hard to get it out in one piece. the whole reason for swapping the motors was her headgasket was toast, tcase was bone dry and wouldnt shift into anything but 2h and this motor was submerged at one point when she was mudding so we figured it was time.

PowderPusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
90lsturbo
scratches add character..

1984 CJ7 

so i take it there going to be white in the end lol
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lsturbo View Post
so i take it there going to be white in the end lol
lol lots of white. white on white on white!
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

cleaned tanas engine bay today. she likes the grease but i dont like swapping motors into nasty s***. also started cutting the camper up. im prob going to swap the d30 into my daily xj for now since mine has 248k on it and everything is trashed.

cut one!

cut two
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

got the drivetrain all in tanas xj. getting this done and not talking to her anymore. need to simplify my life with just 2 xj builds. also i swapped the front axel from the camper to my dd because the original one needed brakes, all new steering, and i had a 3" lift to put on with tubular lca's.

victims of the swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.