4x4 trails near Logan Utah - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > 4x4 trails near Logan Utah

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
troyhazard
2004 WJ 

Wj 4x4 trails near Logan Utah

Hey guys im new to Utah, I just moved to Logan to go to Utah State. Does anyone know of any good trails nearby? Ive heard providence canyon is good but I also heard it was closed and im not sure if its open yet. Ive always dreamed of 4x4ing into a mountain lake somewhere... dont know if theres a trail like that here.. Also are there any jeep clubs here? I searched google but I didnt find one. Thanks in advance!

- 1988 XJ, Sold for $4,900 with over 300,000 miles, lots of mods.
troyhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Although I go through Logan all the time (wife's family has a place at Bear Lake) I don't know much about wheeling around Logan. Hopefully you will get a response from those in Logan.

Most of us here consider ourselves the Utah JeepCrew, and there are events quite frequently. Unfortunatley for you, most of those events take place in Davis, Salt Lake, and Utah Counties...2-3.5 hours from Logan.

http://www.u4wda.org/ is the biggest club I am aware of. I am not part of that group, but others here may be.
http://www.rme4x4.com/forum.php is another place to meet local wheelers.

Personally, I hang out in this Utah Forum and keep my Eyes on the UJC page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/213739513668/
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I don't know who runs that FB page, but I just sent a join request. Yes it's a fake-sounding name.

Edit: VVV Yup, accepted here too. That was fast.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
troyhazard
2004 WJ 

Cool thanks! I sent a request to that FB page and they accepted. I would like to Get on some trips! I'm going up providence canyon later today hopefully it will be open..

- 1988 XJ, Sold for $4,900 with over 300,000 miles, lots of mods.
troyhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

Do a search on this forum for trails near Bear Lake. There are a couple of threads that have discussion in them. You can go over by Manuta and head up toward Willard Peak, you can go over Avon and take some of the side roads, or you can go up Logan Canyon or Blacksmith's Fork Canyon and explore the Hardware Ranch area. Most of the roads are just rocky and rough, but some have some challange and all are pretty scenic.

Providence canyon is a rough, rocky road when open. At the top, you will link with roads through the Hardware Ranch area. There are miles and miles of roads to explore, but not a lot that are technical like the Rubicon or in Moab. Mostly rocky, rough, scenic mountain roads.
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.