Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2009 Easter Jeep Safari - Moab

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Fourbycor 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I know Jeep Safari is still about 2 months away but I got my Safari paper a few weeks ago and am probably going to register in a little while. I was wondering who on here is planning to be there and what trails you guys are thinking of doing? I am only going to be part of Safari for the two weekends, the 4th and 5th and the 11th - 12th of April due to the fact that I am going to have a new job by that time and cant manage a week off that soon after starting. If anybody is going to be there on those days what trails are you thinking about. I figured if some of us on here were planning on the same trails and we put them down as our preferred trails on the same days maybe we will end up in the same groups. :cheers2:

#3 ·
I'm planning on being there for the whole week (already have reservations even) but I'm desperately searching for somebody else to split fuel/lodging with (my truck towing two-place trailer). I'm doubtful without :crying:

#5 ·
We'll be there for the week, staying at Arch View.
Awesome! What trails are you planning on doing? I got my reg confirmation today... here are the trails I have planned for EJS.

Sunday 4/5/09 Porcupine Rim
Tuesday 4/7/09 Poison Spider Mesa
Wednesday 4/8/09 Hell's Revenge
Saturday 4/11/09 Fin's & Things... Figured it would be a fun trail to take my friend from CT on that's going to be here for the first time. Plus I might run some trails on the other days during the week just not part of any group.

#6 ·
We are all set. Doing an abbreviated version this year. Getting there wednesday night and leaving Easter sunday. We are staying at the River Canyon Lodge.
Still waiting for my registration confirmation. I am only running one organized trail this year. Hopefully Pritchett on saturday, Behind the Rocks and Cliff Hanger are my alternates... we will see.

#8 ·
hi moab newb here im going and getting a rental lj on 33s what will be some good trails for me to check out sounds like fins n things should be on my list but what else?

#10 ·
Hells Revenge! You will have a blast.
Doing it tomorrow! If you are going to do Hell's you might as well hit up Poison Spider Mesa as well :cool:

#11 ·
We'll be there starting this Saturday through next Sunday...10th Safari in a row!

Staying at the Canyonlands Campground (across the street from Moab Brewery and McDonalds)....Look for the Yellow TJ and big Red Bronco...

Western Slope 4 Wheelers Club run on Sunday (Fin's N Things), Metal Masher on Tuesday and Spike on Wednesday (I think in that order), Rose Garden on Big Saturday....and running the others on the days in between....

:cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.