Winnemucca and Jungo rd area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Winnemucca and Jungo rd area

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 11-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
xbcasey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Winnemucca and Jungo rd area

The wife and I will be coming through northwest Nevada next summer on the way back from and overland trip and are looking to get away from the highway for awhile. We are looking for some trails to explore and want to take Jungo rd from Winnemucca to Gerlach, then continue to Pyrimad lake and on to Sparks. Any info on Jungo rd, or trails in that area would be much appreciated. We will be driving a TJ on 33's, locked front and rear and will have an offroad trailer in tow.

xbcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jungo Road will be no problem, lots of traffic, it is maintained by the Hycroft mine from Winnemucca to the mine site near Sulfur, still a good road to Gerlach. Just be sure not to plan that trip the week before or over the Labor Day weekend. There will be 60,000 hippies on the Black Rock Playa for Burningman. This is desolate country, carry two spares and lots of water. There are lots of trails through and around the mountains all over, I would not do them alone, too much can go wrong. I have a story about a young man who tried to go accross the playa following the old Lassen/Applegate immigrant trail (which is a protected area to start with)...Stuck in the mud in December, walked out (to the mine and got a ride) found some energetic young kids who thought their truck could retrieve, they walked also. I put together a group of three Jeeps and a Bronco and rescued the Jeep.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.