JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   who lives around the Tahoe/Reno area? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/who-lives-around-tahoe-reno-area-607558/)

tahoevicxj 09-17-2008 10:43 AM

who lives around the Tahoe/Reno area?

I was wounder if anyone lives around Tahoe/Reno. i don't know anyone else with an XJ. I don't know where any trails are around this area either. would be sweet to be able to go wheeling with other xj's.

bmx4flowers 09-17-2008 11:05 AM

i live right in tahoe, got my self an xj working on getting it ready for the snow.

XJLI 09-17-2008 12:36 PM

you. live. in NEVADA.

the rubicon trail is practically in your backyard. there are basically trails all over the place around you, use the google.

i laugh when west coasters say there is nowhere to wheel.

tahoevicxj 09-17-2008 01:19 PM

yeah the Rubicon was the only one that i knew about.

bmx4flowers we should find some trail to go when you finish your snow stuff or stock should be fine i think.

bmx4flowers 09-17-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahoevicxj (Post 5717378)
yeah the Rubicon was the only one that i knew about.

bmx4flowers we should find some trail to go when you finish your snow stuff or stock should be fine i think.

Yea, no doubt but i basically have the entire thing taken apart but as soon as i get her back together it would be awesome to ride some trails. Maybe some snow baja-ing. :cheers:

chevydude5o2 09-17-2008 10:23 PM

im in the bay area, BUT im in tahoe area and sonora area like every weekend when it starts to snow, i know theres a lot of fireroads that they open for 4-wheeling in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter

wakeskatemike 09-17-2008 11:22 PM

Im in the Bay area too. Down in Morgan Hill. Iin tahoe all the time in winter almost every weeknd and summer like every other weeknd ridding down hill at northstar.

Chevydude5o2 you go out to hollister at all?

EricsXJ 09-17-2008 11:27 PM

I live in Reno (or close by) ;)

There are a TON of places to wheel. In the mountains, most of your trails will be on the California side:
Rubicon
Fordyce
Deer Valley
Strawberry Creek
Slick Rock Road
Pardoes
Barrett Lake
etc

Closer to Reno there are just as many if not more:
All over Peavine (incl Bud Canyon)
Hunter Lake
Bronco Canyon
Moon Rocks
Steve's Loop
Twister / Billy Bobs
Jumbo Grade
Pyramid Lake (School bus canyon etc)

bmx4flowers 09-18-2008 11:31 AM

The open fire roads are a blast to rip around on, i am planning on taking the jeep out on them as soon as it starts to snow a bit more if any of you are interested in meeting up?

OneCleanYj 09-18-2008 10:00 PM

I'm just opposite of you all down in South Lake :D You go 5 minutes from my house and there's Twin Peaks, I know there's an entrance/exit to the Rubi like 20 minutes from my house up 89, theres fun trails everywhere! For Twin Peaks more or less being right in town, you can wheel pretty good and get great views of the airport, etc. I'm putting my 35's on tomorrow so I'll be sure to test them out :D

If you want my cell number PM me, I'm down to go whenever.

zener6 09-30-2008 10:53 PM

Im down in Minden, 10 miles east of South Lake. There are LOTS of jeep trails around here and up there too. Check out Genoa Peak Road off benjamin right in your back yard, kings canyon out of carson, pine nut mountains, prison hill, johnson lane, desolation wilderness, rubicon, hope valley, blue lake, poisen creek, leviathan mine, there are more.

OneCleanYj 10-01-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zener6 (Post 5778651)
Im down in Minden, 10 miles east of South Lake. There are LOTS of jeep trails around here and up there too. Check out Genoa Peak Road off benjamin right in your back yard, kings canyon out of carson, pine nut mountains, prison hill, johnson lane, desolation wilderness, rubicon, hope valley, blue lake, poisen creek, leviathan mine, there are more.

PM me sometime when you're heading out, I'd love to make a trip, since none of my friends are man enough to do anything here :shhh:

Air Sierra 10-02-2008 05:45 PM

yup there is a ton of us on here, if not were at this site too: www.reno4x4.com

bmx4flowers 10-17-2008 12:53 AM

Anyone down for some wheelin soon?

tahoevicxj 10-17-2008 01:03 AM

Maybe this Saturday if my girlfriend wants to go, but if not maybe next for sure weekend. going to be in San Fran all is week.

a few friends are doing Fordyce this weekend, wish i could go but i don't think my jeep could do it.

The time now is 04:19 AM.