Wheeling in NV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Wheeling in NV

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 06-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
allenoffroad
2014 JK Wrangler 

Wheeling in NV

On my way from LA to Vegas this weekend. Can anyone recommend a good place to wheel around NV border - off I15??

allenoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Muddybrit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What sort of difficulty? Potato ridge aka rocky road to red rocks is a great half day trail with enough to keep it interesting on the 160 out to Pahrump. Goodsprings trail runs from Jean on the I15 over to the 160, nothing difficult but a nice scenic drive 2hrs tops. Devils canyon, to the left of the I15 just before Jean, an old mine trail that climbs up into the foothills, has a great challenging wedge and some good steps 2-3 hrs and fairly technical. Bitter springs trail, goes from the valley of fire (50 miles north of vegas on the I95) and brings you out on Lake mead shore road. Logandale trail network. Or just head up onto Mount Charleston and pick any number of trails, google earth works well here for plotting coords and it will be about 20 degrees cooler then in the valley. Let me know and i'll give you some more details.
Unread 06-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's not in Nevada but it's just off I-15 ten or fifteen miles past Barstow next to and just past Calico Ghost Town. Two trails out there called Odessa Canyon and Doran Canyon are in spectacular red rock canyons that are awesome. Odessa Canyon is, by far, the easier trail of the two with Doran having a very (!!!) difficult entrance called The Gatekeeper.

The first two pics are of Odessa Canyon, the next two pics are of Doran Canyon. That's my red TJ you see in the pics, all of these are old pics. I highly recommend Odessa Canyon, it's a spectacular canyon. Only do Doran if your Jeep is built strongly, its opening is very (!) tough.
jerstjincalicorev.jpg   jjftngc011-1-.jpg   2003_0118_113306aa.jpg   dscf0002.jpg  

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.