Vegas Valley - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Vegas Valley

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #91
distantdog
2004 WJ 

Firewood?

Anyone know a good place to get firewood around Vegas? I mean i know the grocery stores sell it but who wants to pay that much?

Im talking like a whole load... back in the midwest it wasnt a problem to get a truckload...

SOLD: 2001 TJ Sport
distantdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #92
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Theres a feed store on the corner of Lone mountain and Rancho.They sell lots of firewood there.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #93
Blazin413
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys... I went out today with full intention of running through Mormon Wells rd today, but I had a little trouble (ok, a LOT) finding it from the 93/apex side. I went out with a vague description of where the trail starts on that side and got completely lost... ended up just wheeling around random trails.

Does anybody have a GOOD trail reference guide or at least better descriptions on how to get to the various trails around town? GPS is perfect, if you guys happen to have that kind of info.

Thanks in advance!
Blazin413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #94
bigbluezj94
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin413 View Post
Hey guys... I went out today with full intention of running through Mormon Wells rd today, but I had a little trouble (ok, a LOT) finding it from the 93/apex side. I went out with a vague description of where the trail starts on that side and got completely lost... ended up just wheeling around random trails.

Does anybody have a GOOD trail reference guide or at least better descriptions on how to get to the various trails around town? GPS is perfect, if you guys happen to have that kind of info.

Thanks in advance!
i have no idea where this is but im looking to do some wheelin this sunday 1march. who all is free and anyone have any trails they want to run?

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]BigBlue build 3/4 ton axles, LAs, 37s [/COLOR][/B]
[B][U][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818891[/url] [/U][/B]

99 Grand Cherokee Laredo WJ, 4.7 liter, 247 Quadra Trac II, fully loaded

[color=Black][center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][color=Black][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color=Black]Built Not Bought #033[/color][/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]
[/color]
[/CENTER]
bigbluezj94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #95
Brew461

Go out to Willow beach on the AZ side of the hoover damn. Head south from there. Big horn wash is fun.
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #96
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin413 View Post

Thanks in advance!

if you're looking for the exit on Mormon Well Rd that comes out on the Great basin highway. To find it is hard, it is pretty well hidden from main view by the landscape.

there is a powerline that crosses the highway--> on the WEST side of the highway you will see a group of poles. It's somewhere up from the Coyote Springs development. if you hit Coyote Springs, you've gone too far up the highway.

I don't have GPS coordinates.

this is an easy, easy trail....but make a an appointment with a dentist. it's so packed down all the rubble is tooth-jarring. even aired down and disco's this thing is a PITA to run.
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #97
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluezj94 View Post
i have no idea where this is but im looking to do some wheelin this sunday 1march. who all is free and anyone have any trails they want to run?

A few of us (from base) are going out to Logandale on Sunday. Im going to be showing them some of the trails up there. I dont plan on doing anything very difficult (for them). Time and meet place is TBD.
Unread 02-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #98
bigbluezj94
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
A few of us (from base) are going out to Logandale on Sunday. Im going to be showing them some of the trails up there. I dont plan on doing anything very difficult (for them). Time and meet place is TBD.

good stuff. im game if i can get my transfercase chain swapped by then with work and all. keep me informed as to meet up location and time.

[B][U][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818891[/url] [/U][/B]

[color=Black][center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][color=Black][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color=Black]Built Not Bought #033[/color][/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]
[/color]
[/CENTER]
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #99
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

are there any YJ's with the 4.0L, around '93 models? I would like to look under the hood for a couple measurements if possible? I'm getting my 4.0 ready and have a lot of little brackets on the pan, and the motor mounts are questionable.. thanks.. I'm in the NorthWest area of LV (Decatur and Lone Mtn area)..
frhrwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #100
Blazin413
1995 XJ Cherokee 

thanks for thei info on the Mormon Wells... I'll just take the 95 in to avoid the confusion. I did also find a hiking website with GPS coordinates for every turn in the road on the way up.

for this sunday, i'm 50% in... I may be taking a friend out, but if not, I'll be headed out with you guys
Blazin413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #101
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

if you get lost on any of the roads in the Desert range....you will be made fun of. you really don't need a GPS unless you do some ambitious hiking, like up to Hayford peak.

most of the turnoffs there go up to something mildly interesting and back. Gass Peak road, is interesting, but where it comes out, you will get all sorts of confused, so I wouldn't go that way. it becomes too easy to tread on forbidden turf.
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #102
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluezj94 View Post
good stuff. im game if i can get my transfercase chain swapped by then with work and all. keep me informed as to meet up location and time.
heres a run for sat.

Starts: 2/28/2009 9:00:00 AM At: Rainbow/Blue Diamond Chevron

Ends: 2/28/2009 4:00:00 AM At: Red Rock

Run put on by: Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers

email the Trail Boss: tinkerbell@mavericksworld.com

Potato Ridge
Meet at Chevron at Blue Diamond/Rainbow
We will see how stock friendly it will be by then
expect it to be a snow run

http://www.vv4w.org/events.asp?month...9&event_id=818
Unread 02-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #103
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Due to the fact that the 'neck'car race is happening on Sunday, its going to be really difficult to get around them. As of right now, two of us are going up to Logandale. We will be up there between 11 and 12 and will probably be there for a few hours.

In a few weeks or so, I hope to set something up for a good day trip up there.
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #104
bigbluezj94
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
Due to the fact that the 'neck'car race is happening on Sunday, its going to be really difficult to get around them. As of right now, two of us are going up to Logandale. We will be up there between 11 and 12 and will probably be there for a few hours.

In a few weeks or so, I hope to set something up for a good day trip up there.

are you meeting somewhere for the trip up there? im game for sunday

[/color]
[/CENTER]
Unread 02-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #105
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ill try to keep you updated. Ill probably talk to the guy tomorrow about- what time we will be heading out, etc.?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.