Vegas Valley - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Vegas Valley

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #31
default_user
It's a Roobicon

Marn and I ran Potato Ridge today from the Lovell side through to Willow Springs. Trail is in pretty good shape and Marn had no problem on 32's with open differentials...then again, Marn is very good behind the wheel.

default_user is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #32
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

from Lovell side is the rock garden section, which is pretty easy once you've done it.

I did it the first time all stock...open/ lsd, 30s, mudflaps and sidesteps....it's not that hard if you take the right line and have a spotter.

(btw, we started my 8.8 install today, and it's going spectacular....that's one beefy frickin' axle compared to my Dana 35). gonna finish tomorrow, hopefully.)
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #33
default_user
It's a Roobicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
from Lovell side is the rock garden section, which is pretty easy once you've done it.

I did it the first time all stock...open/ lsd, 30s, mudflaps and sidesteps....it's not that hard if you take the right line and have a spotter.

(btw, we started my 8.8 install today, and it's going spectacular....that's one beefy frickin' axle compared to my Dana 35). gonna finish tomorrow, hopefully.)
pictures!
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #34
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

got a few crappy cell phone pics. was too busy helping to get any real photos.

oh, wait let's see here....I forgot Phil from the group got some good ones.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563003534MKFjlb
Unread 04-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #35
distantdog
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Well maybe I will give it another shot sometime soon. Just ordered my AtoZ rockers yesterday and buying a DPG kit on monday. Also going to buy an engine/oil skid, so then I should be good to go!
distantdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #36
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

do you have disconnects?
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #37
VEGASSMAN
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow! I only got through the 1st 2 pages if this thread and I already know more about where to go to get work done and where to take the jeep for fun than I ever expected.

Is there a meetup.com jeep group? That would be sweet. I am on there for a mt. bike group and a couple other groups...haven't looked for jeep meets yet.

Looking forward to breaking in the new Jeep soon after I take delivery.

-Chris
VEGASSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #38
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

there is a Las Vegas jeep meetup group, but quite frankly, you take your life and your Jeep's life into your own hands with that one. I'm sure they're all very nice people, but that group has been known to leave people behind with a flat while the rest forge ahead.

the group I'm in and the one I'm in the process of joining have MANY excellent mechanics and a "leave no on behind" camaraderie.
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #39
distantdog
2004 WJ 

Quote:
do you have disconnects?
No, not yet, but my DPG ultimate kit that is on the way does!

Can't wait to get it on there.
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #40
VEGASSMAN
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
there is a Las Vegas jeep meetup group, but quite frankly, you take your life and your Jeep's life into your own hands with that one. I'm sure they're all very nice people, but that group has been known to leave people behind with a flat while the rest forge ahead.

the group I'm in and the one I'm in the process of joining have MANY excellent mechanics and a "leave no on behind" camaraderie.
Well, that sounds good then. Since this is the first off road capable vehicle I've ever had, and I plan on taking it off the road with my 3 year old for Dad/Son bonding time, I'm going to play my chicken sh** card for a while and keep it easy! LOL

How often do you guys meet up?
VEGASSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #41
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

just go to the website and intro yourself, and the club directors can get in touch through there with you and give you more info.

www.nevadabackroaders.com

this is the group I am most active with and it's an AWESOME club, with amazing people. a learning club that does mostly scenic/ historical stuff. One club run a month, except for December when it shuts down. and all club business is done on the trail during the club run during lunch. usually nothing too detailed. MANY runs happening during mid-weeks and weekends by people who just wanna hang and have fun. Fun runs can be anything, and are not technically club runs, but you are expected to do a write-up for the newsletter, so everyone can see what you did and where you went and what issues you ran into, if any.
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #42
distantdog
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Ram Canyon, Tierod Canyon, Beer bottle pass, Packsaddle Loop, Coliseum Mine, excelsior Mine, Titus Canyon, Lucy Gray mine, lewis Holes, table Mountain, Spirit Mountain, Clark Mountain, el Dorado, bitter Springs, Carpenter Canyon, Trout Canyon, Wheeler Pass, ora Plata Mine, Riley's Camp, old mojave road, camp Rock Springs, Gold Butte....stuff out of Beatty like bare Mountain, McCullough Pass, Johnnie Mine, Bonanza Mine, Yellow Pine mine, Lanfair Valley, Christmas Tree pass, Cima Dome, Knob hill, Keyhole canyon, Picture Rocks, Cottonwood Valley/ Mount Potosi, Juan/ Hart Mine, Area 52....

Can someone tell me where these places are:

Riley's Camp
Keyhole canyon
all the mines
Picture rocks
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #43
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have any GPS tracks for those, I know how to get there. Picture Rocks I have no clue, since I haven't run that trail.

the mines are too numerous to detail for you. they're everywhere.

get in with the local clubs. there are people that have the GPS tracks for lots of stuff. a wealth of info through the clubs.
Unread 04-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #44
distantdog
2004 WJ 

Cool - yeah maybe i will see about meeting up with that club NVB sometime. Never done it before so I feel kinda silly but whatever.

Anyway I think me and my buddy are going to go do either Wheeler Pass today or do Lovell thru to Trout Canyon. If anyone is out, maybe we'll see ya. Im in a white TJ and my buddy has a black JK unlimited.
Unread 04-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #45
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

don't feel silly with the NVB. It's only the largest club in Nevada. everyone starts out a newbie, and no one is competition to see who's jeep is bigger. we have all levels of drivers and is a family oriented club.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.