Vegas Valley - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Vegas Valley

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Brew461

Vegas Valley

Just found out I am relocating to Las Vegas. Can anyone direct me to a jeep club out here? Thanks!

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
default_user
It's a Roobicon

Welcome to the West...I grew back in Ohio before I ended up here. Check out...
http://sincity4x4.org/index.php
http://www.nevadabackroaders.com/

there are quite a few Vegans on this forum and you can usually find out what is going on here and at the above sites.
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
Brew461

Cool, I was stationed out here for three years. Glad to be back
Unread 02-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was a nevadabackroader club member for a year until i moved to cali. It is a good club, plenty of runs and cheap fees, good website also. vv4w.org is a good club also.

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

backroaders do the scenic trails, and is more of a teaching club as they say, with all kinds of stuff going on during the week. one official club run a month except December. W have "fun runs' every once in awhile, but there is a Tuesday exploring group, and on Thursdays. VERY active group.

Vegas Valley does the more wild stuff. the require attendance at a club meeting once or twice a month.
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
distantdog
2004 WJ 

Just moved to Vegas myself from Florida. Love it so far! Took the jeep up to Mt. Charleston yesterday. There was one cool little trail off of Rt 156... rd 85 or something.

Can you guys recommend a good shop around here to get work done? Probably going to do a lift soon and maybe get some lights installed.

Thanks!
distantdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Brew461

Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming if anyone has anything to add. I am here now, the jeep won't be here until March. I spent the day out at willow beach and lake mead, lots of jeeps around. I'm gonna need a lift!
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:07 AM   #8
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

in terms of shops there is Maximum Offroad off Trop and Arville. they do really great work on lifts. Clint the owner is an amazing wheeler.

there's also Ted Wiens custom 4x4 on Oakey and the Blvd by the Stratosphere. they do great work, too. They're more into rockcrawling type stuff, so you have to stay on them about what you want and be specific.

they've done a lot of stuff to my Jeep and I highly recommend them.

we have 2 4-Wheel Parts stores in town, too, and Vic at the Henderson store will cut some great deals for the those in one of the local clubs. I needed the brackets for my 8.8 conversion and he gave me a hundred bucks off the Rubicon Express brackets.

Dan's Driveline and Adam's Driveshaft are also talked about glowingly by local wheelers.

and welcome to Vegas! lots of great wheeling. Nevada is an AWESOME state to explore.
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
distantdog
2004 WJ 

Any places you recommend going wheeling off hand? Like i said, I hit a small road on Mt Charleston, but I am new here so any locals' suggestions would be very welcome.

Nothing too crazy, I only have a 2" spacer lift (for now!) and 33 inch tires. But I would love to explore.

Thanks!
distantdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
4point
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Logandale Trails, Wheeler Pass, Morman Wells Rd are a few close by trails I've gone on. As soon as I get my jeep out here I want to go on the Potato Ridge Trail. There's a bunch of trails within a couple of hours of here.
4point is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #11
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ram Canyon, Tierod Canyon, Beer bottle pass, Packsaddle Loop, Coliseum Mine, excelsior Mine, Titus Canyon, Lucy Gray mine, lewis Holes, table Mountain, Spirit Mountain, Clark Mountain, el Dorado, bitter Springs, Carpenter Canyon, Trout Canyon, Wheeler Pass, ora Plata Mine, Riley's Camp, old mojave road, camp Rock Springs, Gold Butte....stuff out of Beatty like bare Mountain, McCullough Pass, Johnnie Mine, Bonanza Mine, Yellow Pine mine, Lanfair Valley, Christmas Tree pass, Cima Dome, Knob hill, Keyhole canyon, Picture Rocks, Cottonwood Valley/ Mount Potosi, Juan/ Hart Mine, Area 52....
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #12
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wow! Theres quite a few people on here now from Vegas. I second Ted Weins on Oakey. Theyve done quite a bit to my Jeep. Im up for wheeling almost any weekend. If Marn isnt busy with college, hes usually good to go as well. Theres also a few guys I go wheelin with from base as well. I know the ****ter Bowl and Rock Bottom trails in Logandale very well.

We should all do Tator ridge sometime. Its a good place to play around on.
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #13
Brew461

My jeep will be here the last week of FEB just tell me where to be. Thanks for all the info guys. I can't wait to wheel this valley.
Unread 02-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #14
4point
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'll bring mine out in March, I'm up for a run.......or two....
4point is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
Lancerkath
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also check out Grapevine Spring, Angel Peak, and for an easy full day run, Bitter Springs or Gold Butte.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.